Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

How many times do I have to log in? I log in, then am taken to a log in page and have to do it again.

I go to Manage My Reservation and a red box appears that tells me "Please complete your Primary Guest Information to modify your reservation." How do I do that when it is already complete?

Same message with all my 3 future cruises. It does not alow editing, so how can I fill in some boxes that are not pre-populated from my profile? I cannot book travel arrangements etc because of this error.

I've figured that one out, but how annoying is it that you have to log in sometimes 4 different times before you get in. I also have found that when the screen seems to freeze when I enter cruise planner if I wait 15 minutes and refresh 12 times it eventually unfreezes. Who has time for this nonsense?!!

Make sure you actually have to log in again. If you see your name in the upper right corner of the page you are already logged in, and can proceed wherever you want. I think they have a few pages that are trying to verify the PHP session value and throwing an error on that.

Make sure you actually have to log in again. If you see your name in the upper right corner of the page you are already logged in, and can proceed wherever you want. I think they have a few pages that are trying to verify the PHP session value and throwing an error on that.

Yes, I am aware of the tiny welcome with my name in the upper right hand corner, but thanks for the suggestion, it's easy to miss. But after I log in on the home page in the upper right I am diverted to a faded log in page with yellowed palm tree/beach scene that makes me log in again. This happens sometimes 4 times before my welcome with my name appears. I also always clear my cookies and cache and browsing history and open an incognito window with whichever browser I am using and the same thing happens. It happens with IE, Firefox, Chrome and Edge. It also happened with the Celebrity IT manager when they were trying to show me how it wasn't happening. Their comment was "Oh! I thought we'd fixed that."

DH and I struggled for more than 3/4 hour to find a way to book one excursion for our Silho sailing, through our cruise planner page.

.Useless!

..I randomly clicked on something out of frustration and found a way...but it should not be a treasure hunt,,.

And the list of ports scrolling horizontally across the screen has really got to go!

I just tried to bring up my 3 reservations and only one is right! One dosen,t have the correct info .I booked these on board and got extra OBC for doing so. One only has the 300.00 OBC perk but not the 200.00 OBC for booking onboard.The other one keeps saying( Undefined days till your undefined) And departing undefined for undefined nights! I,m about to cancel them and go elsewhere.It,s been like that for days now. I don,t want to be on the phone for hours just to get an answer! I,m sure I,m not the only one having problems.Where did Celebrity get these supposedly SMART people in IT?:o

No question the new Celebrity website is a total mess relative to navigation. Lots of navigation circles that get you nowhere near where you want to go. Errors that make no sense. "For your security you have to wait 20 minutes before you can try again" and all you were doing was trying to access your own personal data page. Also some very unintuitive links.

The earlier suggestion to clear your cookies does help you access some of the pages (like Cruise Connections). If the link on your roll call doesn't take you directly to the signup form on Celebrity's website, then close your browser and empty your cache. It'll work.

No question the new Celebrity website is a total mess relative to navigation. .... then close your browser and empty your cache. It'll work.

The thing is I'm guessing most people using the Internet don't know what a cache is, never mind knowing how to clear it. No website should require such acrobatics. I had to clear the cache just to be able to get to the new website. Anytime I tried to go online with Celebrity, it brought me to the old website and the links no longer worked.

I looked at the Celebrity website today in hopes to potentially book a cruise that I was very interested in....I worked on it for about an hour....gave up....could not find the info I was looking for....although I have an awful lot of cruises, somehow I have never cruised with Celebrity before.....and after an hour, I don't think it is worth the trouble. For a new customer and an experienced cruiser, as well as a former TA, the web site was horrible...I just said to self....if this is this bad, what must the rest of the cruise be like....so, long story short, guess I will take the other similar cruise and just not go to Russia....:( Oh well.....But I hope they are reading this....

No question the new Celebrity website is a total mess relative to navigation. Lots of navigation circles that get you nowhere near where you want to go. Errors that make no sense. "For your security you have to wait 20 minutes before you can try again" and all you were doing was trying to access your own personal data page. Also some very unintuitive links.

The earlier suggestion to clear your cookies does help you access some of the pages (like Cruise Connections). If the link on your roll call doesn't take you directly to the signup form on Celebrity's website, then close your browser and empty your cache. It'll work.

Nope not when searching on 4 browsers 2 computers 2 tablets with cookies and cache cleared and an incognito window. The search returns results but if you look at an itinerary and the try to go back you have to start over

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I have been trying for 5 weeks to get into my reservations! I can sign in, see Capt Club, but cannot see any bookings which also means no booking shore ex, or finishing onboard check in. Sent emails to one touch, called in, no luck!

Thank goodness the cruise will be good in SPITE of the terrible website! How long can this continue?

If anyone has a proven contact for help, please share?

Thanks

Debra

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Having been stymied by the new web site, I talked to a patient CC rep who wishes all the management had to take calls for one day and hear the complaints re: web site. She said last week there was a bit pow-pow to make significant changes and she is keeping her fingers crossed. "Cruise Critic is killing us!" She acknowledged the difficulties.

I cannot find anything and go around in circles. Grrrrrr 5 Celebrity cruises pending to deal with!

Cruise critic is not killing them....their company's website is.

Cruise critic is allowing us to vent and get tips on how to cope with website issues but wonder how many others have` tried the website, been frustrated and gone elsewhere ...???

I assume TAs are also not having a great time with it either...

Glad to hear issues are being addressed by X

Yes, I am aware of the tiny welcome with my name in the upper right hand corner, but thanks for the suggestion, it's easy to miss. But after I log in on the home page in the upper right I am diverted to a faded log in page with yellowed palm tree/beach scene that makes me log in again. This happens sometimes 4 times before my welcome with my name appears. I also always clear my cookies and cache and browsing history and open an incognito window with whichever browser I am using and the same thing happens. It happens with IE, Firefox, Chrome and Edge. It also happened with the Celebrity IT manager when they were trying to show me how it wasn't happening. Their comment was "Oh! I thought we'd fixed that."

OK. I haven't had that experience yet. I did find myself presented with a log in box once when I clicked the browser's back button, but only that one time. And I did get locked out once when I jumped from the manage reservation area back to search for other cruisers. Both times I saw that I was still logged in and recognized the behavior from a common problem with WordPress sites, so I just continued on.

I have done all of the check in, ordering luggage tags (that came), entering passport numbers (without the requirement for a "issuing city") and searching for excursions without any problem at all. The website is working for some people, so the only thing I can think of is they have a problem on one or more of the servers, or they aren't configuring the CDN correctly so the people in one area have a good result while people in other areas do not. Or, because I have only one reservation booked with them perhaps the website can handle that, but becomes problematic for customers with more than one.

OK. I haven't had that experience yet. I did find myself presented with a log in box once when I clicked the browser's back button, but only that one time. And I did get locked out once when I jumped from the manage reservation area back to search for other cruisers. Both times I saw that I was still logged in and recognized the behavior from a common problem with WordPress sites, so I just continued on.

I have done all of the check in, ordering luggage tags (that came), entering passport numbers (without the requirement for a "issuing city") and searching for excursions without any problem at all. The website is working for some people, so the only thing I can think of is they have a problem on one or more of the servers, or they aren't configuring the CDN correctly so the people in one area have a good result while people in other areas do not. Or, because I have only one reservation booked with them perhaps the website can handle that, but becomes problematic for customers with more than one.

On my check in and port information it says USA and Parking. That is all that is on the page. That is not a server problem. It simply is a website problem.

Guess I got lucky. Checked in for my one September reservation with no problem. Best of luck to everyone else.

Luckily I have no interest in online purchases for this cruise; hope it is all fixed before I have another cruise where I need to use their website for other purchases.

Cruise critic is not killing them....their company's website is.

Cruise critic is allowing us to vent and get tips on how to cope with website issues but wonder how many others have` tried the website, been frustrated and gone elsewhere ...???

I assume TAs are also not having a great time with it either...

Glad to hear issues are being addressed by X

Yes, hcat....that is what I meant! But it does mean that corporate is looking at our posts. I should have phased it as "Cruise Critic posts are hating the web site".

Up until today I've had no issues with the X website, even the new design.

I've made our cruise planner purchases for our upcoming sailing in 88 days (beverage, speciality dinner and internet packages) and it showed the shore excursions purchased at a discount on our last sailing on Reflection.

So, as I normally do I added reservations for select dining at midday today, no issues accessing my reservation nor updating it.

Decided when I got home to pay the balance (not due here in the UK until 56 days out, so Sept 1st).

Could login but couldn't access reservation using Microsoft Edge (ironic seeing next new ship is Edge!). Just a blank page.

Managed to access using Google Chrome, but guess what? Outstanding balance had increased!

Couldn't see why so called Celebrity. Apparently for no reason the system had recalculated the prepaid grats to the new amount.

Then discovered my Captains Club membership was no longer Elite and the number was incorrect and my date of birth was also incorrect.

Took several attempts to get everything corrected.

Very disappointed with Celebrity, makes me very nervous about accessing the reservation online in future and needless to say I didn't make final payment until I could see everything was rectified on an updated invoice and I could check everything in the cruise planner was still there. Took 2 invoices to ensure everything was rectified.

The website is terrible. I just tried to order luggage tags, but there was no option to do so. When I tried to review the reservation it gave an option of submitting payment for the cruise (which has already been paid in full) and then when I tried to click on my reservation the "For your security you've been locked out of your account" box popped up. I've never encountered such poor websites as I have with Royal Caribbean and now Celebrity.

Just call Celebrity! Till they admit there is a problem and fix it, I am not wasting my time.

We also are now looking at Princess for our next cruise which ticks me off LLP!

When I called the rep would not acknowledge that I was experiencing issues on their website, even though I tried to get the message across that it was not working properly. I have messaged Celebrity on social media to see if they respond to that.

Have any of you sailed MSC? I'm wondering how X's website issues compare to MSC's.

I put off booking on MSC Divina for months because their website is horrid also. What had me the most scared was reports of credit cards and passport numbers being compromised. Finally, I booked and I was glad I did, I enjoyed the cruise very much. However, every time I went on their website, I held my breath and I was afraid to do anything more than check to see if my booking was still there.:D

On the cruise on Celebrity that I'm considering I probably will want to book shore excursions, specialty restaurants and make dining room reservations ....... are you all out there saying "lots of luck":loudcry: