Just spoke to the rudest NCL rep

hansolosmom

Okay maybe not the rudest, but she really annoyed me!

I called the 800# on the edocs, because I noticed the "s" was missing off the end of my DS's last name, so I wanted to call and make sure it was either ok or they would change it (we're leaving Sunday). Anyway they just give the 800# so I call and the first person I spoke to was very nice and said I'll transfer you over to your PCC. I said fine. A few minutes later a different rep comes on and asks me my name -I was confused because it wasn't the first person I spoke to nor my PCC. I tell her my name and she says you aren't on this reservation. :eek: :mad: WHAT! I said I better be. So she asks my name again and she says, oh I thought you said Aubry - which wasn't even close to what I said. Anyway, then she proceeds to berate me for calling the 800# and tells me that I have a PCC and I need to call that person any time I need to talk about the reservation and goes on & on about it, like I'm a 5 year old who has not clue what they're doing. I tried telling her I was looking at my edocs and they just give the 800# but she didn't care. Then she explained to me she was going to transfer me and I should leave a message in case my PCC is not there. :rolleyes:

Okay - vent over. Thanks for listening. :)

I've had awesome luck with the chat via ncl.com.

Plus their seattle office is like 2 blocks from me, so I can always walk over there.

hmm maybe I'll go back and try the chat feature since I still haven't heard back from my PCC

Every PCC I've been assigned to seems to leave the company, so last time I needed to call for something I just said I don't know who my PCC is can you just get me anyone? Why can't anyone in that department help, I'll never understand.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I was once assigned a PCC and found him unhelpful and giving me the running around. Since then, I either book online myself, call 1-800# if necessary or use big box store TA. So far, they all work out great.

I stopped using a PCC. On more than one occasion I found a specific cabin/fare/promotion that I wanted to book.. Problem being when I called to book I would get my PCC's voicemail . By the time they called me back the cabin I wanted was sometimes no longer available. Additionally if I wanted to upgrade category or make other changes I had to wait for PCC to get back to me. I have cruised enough with NCL . Any rep can take my reservation, final payment or make changes.

Surely every advertising email you ever receive from NCL comes under the name and direct dial phone number for your PCC. I suggest you and everyone else makes a note of yours/theirs next time you/they get one.

I have always booked through a TA, however the cruise I just booked, I called NCL directly. I spoke to a very nice rep, who was very helpful in helping me with my cruise next deposit, and answering a couple of questions. When we were through, I asked her her name again and extension, in case I needed to call back to change something. She told me anyone would be able to help me if and when I call back, so she didn't give me an extension for her direct line. She made it sound as though they no longer assign PCCs. I was a little disappointed as I was hoping to have one PCC that I could contact as needed.

Surely every advertising email you ever receive from NCL comes under the name and direct dial phone number for your PCC. I suggest you and everyone else makes a note of yours/theirs next time you/they get one.

how rude .... and not accurate. I do not have a PCC and I am looking at emails from NCL and there is not a name or PCC on the signature line. I have sailed 3 times in the last 2 years with NCL and zero emails have a PCC name in the email.

I just looked at the email from NCL I got this morning( I get 2-3 a day!!)..........no PCC name. I have never had a PCC on NCL, nor been assigned one that I know of. It's okay with me, I would rather just book online and have the freedom of booking when I want and not having to wait for anyone's time. On Princess I do have a PCC, but have not seen any benefit from having one.

Every PCC I've been assigned to seems to leave the company, so last time I needed to call for something I just said I don't know who my PCC is can you just get me anyone? Why can't anyone in that department help, I'll never understand.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Strange, I've called CCL many many times about cruises, edoc, once they hadn't added our third guest to our last cruise and when I called the 800# when the option came up to speak to ( I think it's a five digit # for the rep who is assigned to you, I couldn't locate it and just stayed on the line for) the next agent. Every time, without fail a wonderful woman answers and when I explained that situation, or what ever I need she'll always say, 'Oh not to worry sir, I can correct that for you in a jiffy' When I apologized about whatever it was, she laughed and said, 'Oh sir, that's what we're here for..' We've received the same treatment at both CCL and RCL. Maybe it's just 'luck of the draw' because I know anybody can have a bad day (after dealing with MANY of the looney-tune folks in this 'crazy-it's- all- about ME) society but someone IS definitely doing their training when they teach all of the agents I've spoken too with these cruise lines. Of course, this IMHO. ;)

Mac

Thank you all who gave helpful comments. I left a message yesterday for my PCC who has not returned my call, or fixed the boys names. When I call again today, I'll just ask the first rep I speak to if they can make the update.

don't blame you for wanting to vent: we all have to do this from time to time and like any other customer service dept or res dept some agents are just plain rude. Now, I hope since you have vented you can get the correct answer and let it rest.

How did you book this cruise? Directly with NCL yourself, over the phone or online? (Or did you use a travel agency?)

I called because I had a question so I ended up booking over the phone and somehow even though I told him the boys last names were the same as ours, he missed the "s" at the end. So I guess at least it's good because the first 2 passengers are right, it's the 3 & 4 that aren't.

If you have a long name, they can only fit so many letters. I'm sure it's fine.

It's not a long name, it's a matter of the last "s" missing, we have one of those names that is commonly misspelled because of the "s". That's why I'm kicking myself for not catching this sooner. I think it was because both mine & dh's names are spelled correctly, that I didn't think the PCC would spell the boys names wrong

how rude .... and not accurate. I do not have a PCC and I am looking at emails from NCL and there is not a name or PCC on the signature line. I have sailed 3 times in the last 2 years with NCL and zero emails have a PCC name in the email.

Same here, I booked online and I don't have any emails with a PCC listed. Actually I have two email accounts and the main one only gets Lattitude and payment confirmations.

The back up account ( used for a contest or something) gets all kind of NCL emails adverts, very odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I book all of my cruises directly online with NCL. I too sometimes have a problem if i need to call up, they said i am automatically assigned a PCC but i have no idea who it is.

Do you receive any offer e-mails from NCL? Contact info for your assigned PCC should be in those e-mails.

I was once assigned a PCC and found him unhelpful and giving me the running around. Since then, I either book online myself, call 1-800# if necessary or use big box store TA. So far, they all work out great.

I had a PCC that was lazy and unhelpful on my last cruise. The next time I called the 800# I just told them I wasn't talking to the original I wanted a new person and they gave me a new person. The thing is. I was only asking to change rooms. I've done it before and it isn't an issue. The second guy did it in short order and was very pleasant. I will go back to him again....if he is still there.