Has anyone been charged to REPLACE a bottle of liquor

Caroldoll

We also have been in the suites that give you a bar set up. n The Butler should ask you what you want-then they bring it in and set it up. If for some reason he/she brings a brand you didn't ask for they replace it at once. We've never had it already set up.

We do not drink liquor and were able to easily trade out our bottles for wine. We have also exchanged the champagne for a bottle of wine. Butler took care of all of this. Cheers!

Since we are also wine drinkers(mainly red), could you tell me if you were satisfied with type of wines they had available?

Since we are also wine drinkers(mainly red), could you tell me if you were satisfied with type of wines they had available?

We drink white and the choices were fine. They also take them from the room and store them for you to bring out at dinner etc. if you request.

Have not been in a top suite but do they not give you a list to choose what you want from??

Maybe you ordered something not on the list so it was extra charge ?

Another brand? If the brand is on the list or comparable in price it should not be an issue. However if you are requesting a more expensive brand that is not on the list (e.g. Patron tequila ) there could be an upcharge

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since this situation has now gone on for more than one day, I need to say this.

The TA told me that O was going to charge $100 to change Vodka (usually Ketel One) to Tito's. OUTRAGEOUS.

I am still doing a tug of war on this. We have always had the OS and we have always asked in advance for Titos. It has always been there. Imagine my surprise when I was sent the request to approve $100. Absolutely unbelievable.

This particular cruise I have the Vista Suite and will not have my regular butler, Pritam. I am sad about this as I know I would not have had to worry. As a matter of fact, we seldom even open it, but I like it there in case. We always have a liquor package and do not generally, if ever, drink in the suite.

IF THIS IS A NEW POLICY OF OCEANIA, IT WILL BE BYE BYE!

As with any Special Request being filled on a ship which is continuously roaming the World, substitutions may require, depending on when and where the ship is being provisioned, that an item be flown out to meet the ship (which isn't cheap!).

The client then has the option of paying the fee (if the brand is that important to them) or remaining with the original if price supersedes selection.

Isn't having the choice ALWAYS a better option?

As with any Special Request being filled on a ship which is continuously roaming the World, substitutions may require, depending on when and where the ship is being provisioned, that an item be flown out to meet the ship (which isn't cheap!).

I would not think it is a special order as Titos is stocked in the bars

a small upcharge maybe for a something not on the Suite list

I would not think it is a special order as Titos is stocked in the bars

a small upcharge maybe for a something not on the Suite list

and if they are running low on Tito's, what should the policy be then?

I have no idea what is so special about Tito but it must be something because when we visited my BH's cousin who retired in Chiang Mai, the only thing he had asked for was Tito's

It came inside a nice sack :D

BTW - what does handmade vodka actually mean anyway?

and if they are running low on Tito's, what should the policy be then?

If it is truly in the bars, your response is over the top. Can't believe it is such a big deal to find one or two bottles for a frequent cruiser in one of the most expensive cabins on the ship. Put your Pom-poms away on this one.

Yes. Served in the bars, and cost only $20 in America. They usually have Ketel One which I think is the same or slightly higher. Not that much of a big deal, but this is a $45,000 cruise (longish) and I wouldn't think it would be a problem, it never has been in all the years I have been on Oceania. Pissed! LOL

The TA told me that O was going to charge $100 to change Vodka (usually Ketel One) to Tito's. OUTRAGEOUS.

IF THIS IS A NEW POLICY OF OCEANIA, IT WILL BE BYE BYE!

Yes. Served in the bars, and cost only $20 in America. They usually have Ketel One which I think is the same or slightly higher. Not that much of a big deal, but this is a $45,000 cruise (longish) and I wouldn't think it would be a problem, it never has been in all the years I have been on Oceania. Pissed! LOL

The TA should have been all over this one by assuring Caroldoll that a bottle of Tito's would be waiting in her suite. Even if the TA can't talk O into supplying a frequent high-end floater a bottle, they (TA) should obviously do so unless they want to see their commission go bye bye too.

I'm very interested to see how this plays out. Please do keep us informed. My wife and I are booked in Oceania suite in August & the last time I spoke with an Oceania representative on the phone regarding my suite bar setup options, he told me to just inform our butler once on board. I LOVE Tito's & want to stock at least a couple bottles of it in suite. Should I call again?...

I asked my TA to send me "their decision" in writing, and I am happy to say that late Friday I got an email with an attachment saying that they would indeed give me a replacement bottle of Titos in my bar set-up which I do not use! LOL..I only sometimes use the Titos because we always get the liquor package. It was just a point with me. I must say this is a Vista Suite. I am quite sure the Oceania Suite also has a bar set-up.

Truly, and I don't know the meaning of the hammer reference by Sita, we do not ask for much.

I am very glad that I received this email as it would have been an issue for everyone involved.

Thanks for many of your nice comments.

OS, VS and OC get the bar setup on Marina and Riviera. OS and VS get it on the "R" ships.

We've replaced an occasional bottle but never to something that wasn't already on the list. I agree that $100 to switch vodkas is way over the top.

Mura

I

Truly, and I don't know the meaning of the hammer reference by Sita, we do not ask for much.

Google could give you some in depth explanations but basically it refers to using the same solution to every problem.

Perhaps they were referring to Oceania and not you.