Will they empty the mini bar upon request?

I'd like to have the mini bar empty. No need for it, IMO and I'd rather just avoid the question of any charges. Plus, may need to use the fridge. Has anyone asked to have it emptied? Will they do that? Should we call ahead and ask or should we just ask our attendant when we get there?

Thanks!

(Not sure if it makes a difference, but we're sailing Oasis in October.)

Edited by DPrincess81
adding ship info

Some cruises are actually still doing it. When they do empty it, make sure you monitor your account on the screen in your room for additional charges. Evian water in the mini bar seems to be the main charge these days even though no one is drinking it.

I'd leave the bottled water in the mini-fridge. When I came down w/ norovirus, my cabin steward told me to only drink the bottled water. And they made the bottled water free. But you must visit the infirmary first. For me, it was a free visit, and they also gave me a credit for the days they'd quarantined me, rounded down.

I'd leave the bottled water in the mini-fridge. When I came down w/ norovirus, my cabin steward told me to only drink the bottled water. And they made the bottled water free. But you must visit the infirmary first. For me, it was a free visit, and they also gave me a credit for the days they'd quarantined me, rounded down.

On the rare times that you actually want the bottled water in the fridge, you can order it, as you can with any of the now

missing mini bar collection. Choice is a good thing.

I'd like to have the mini bar empty. No need for it, IMO and I'd rather just avoid the question of any charges. Plus, may need to use the fridge. Has anyone asked to have it emptied? Will they do that? Should we call ahead and ask or should we just ask our attendant when we get there?

Thanks!

(Not sure if it makes a difference, but we're sailing Oasis in October.)

Yes, it took one call to get the fridge emptied when we sailed on Explorer. It took three (or was it four) calls to get it emptied on Anthem after a not so nice final call to guest services. They wanted to put the items under the bed, but I insisted that it be removed from the room.

Yes' date=' it took one call to get the fridge emptied when we sailed on Explorer. It took three (or was it four) calls to get it emptied on Anthem after a not so nice final call to guest services. They wanted to put the items under the bed, but I insisted that it be removed from the room.[/quote']

Under the bed...yikes...where do I put my empty suitcases? Plus many ships seem to store the extra bedding

there. Getting crowded under there! :o

Supposedly now you should not have any mini bar items, and hopefully indeed the bottles are leaving as well next

month.