Are there wine packages on Princess?

knot knormal

Yes it does - though I believe it may be only on cruises over 7 days long, someone else may correct me on that. There are usually different levels of quality (each one offering wines up to $XX) and different number of bottles. For some reason its very difficult to find information on the program on the website prior to sailing, but they will be prominently offered on boarding day. Your waiter will also be only too happy to sell you one the first night at dinner.

I did a search on wine packages and found this explanation from last September:

Originally posted by Astro Flyer.

The details on the wine packages are:

Note: A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

You get a punch card which can be used at any of the
dining locations.

You may choose any wine on on the regular wine menu. If you want to buy a wine that costs more than what the package covers, you just pay the difference. For example, if you have a Gold package and buy a wine that costs $46, the charge for $46 will appear on your stateroom account, followed by a $45 credit.

• Like 1

It's pricey compared to bringing your own. They have a few nice wines on the list but limited.

True, but paying $15 per bottle corkage (only 1 free bottle per person allowed to be brought aboard) does take away some of the advantage of bringing your own wine.

Hank

The packages are only offered on cruises of 10 days or more. When they first did a trial of the packages they also had a 5 bottle package and offered the packages of 7 days or more. That changed when the packages were rolled out fleet wide. I have found that with the discount on the wine packages it is usually slightly cheaper than bringing wine on board at embarkation and paying the $15 corkage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 7 months later...

I have a few questions about the wine package on 10 day princess cruises. Maybe someone will know the answers. If you do not finish the whole bottle of wine with dinner, can you take the rest to your cabin? Can you also use your wine package in the specialty restaurants and in a bar elsewhere on the ship?

Thanks!

I have a few questions about the wine package on 10 day princess cruises. Maybe someone will know the answers. If you do not finish the whole bottle of wine with dinner, can you take the rest to your cabin? Can you also use your wine package in the specialty restaurants and in a bar elsewhere on the ship?

Thanks!

I can answer the first question - when we purchased the wine package we wanted it specifically so we could enjoy a glass of wine on our balcony. We'd go to the dining room for lunch, ask for a bottle of wine - unopened, and take it to our cabin to enjoy for later. Nobody had a problem with that.

It's pricey compared to bringing your own. They have a few nice wines on the list but limited.

You can bring on your own, but it must be really cheap wine to stay under $20 per bottle when you add in the $15 corkage fee. Even if the store price is $10, the 7 bottle silver package is cheaper than bring them on

I have a few questions about the wine package on 10 day princess cruises. Maybe someone will know the answers.

If you do not finish the whole bottle of wine with dinner, can you take the rest to your cabin? Yes

Can you also use your wine package in the specialty restaurants Yes

and in a bar elsewhere on the ship? Not sure

Thanks!

See above. :D:wine-glass::wine-glass:

• 10 months later...
On 6/25/2017 at 2:21 PM, capriccio said:

I did a search on wine packages and found this explanation from last September:

Originally posted by Astro Flyer.

The details on the wine packages are:

Note: A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

You get a punch card which can be used at any of the
dining locations.

You may choose any wine on on the regular wine menu. If you want to buy a wine that costs more than what the package covers, you just pay the difference. For example, if you have a Gold package and buy a wine that costs $46, the charge for $46 will appear on your stateroom account, followed by a $45 credit.

TY for the info!!

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

I'm not showing any wine packages for my upcoming 15 day Hawaii cruise. It only shows a per bottle price. I wonder if they did away with this option?

Usually only offered on cruises over 10 days, so yours ought to work, but I’ve not seen it offered pre cruise.  When we have purchased them it has either been from a table set up near the atrium early in the cruise or by asking our waiter on day one or two.  For some reason it is not a package Princess pushes.

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

I'm not showing any wine packages for my upcoming 15 day Hawaii cruise. It only shows a per bottle price. I wonder if they did away with this option?

Wine packages are not available to book online nor do they even mention it.  There should be a Gold wine package available on your cruise.  Based on this other thread the Silver package is being eliminated because only a few bottles are $31 or less.

We purchase it from our MDR waitstaff who will provide our wine because they can earn benefits such as extra time off in port. 🙂

Here’s a link to the new Princess wine list being implemented fleetwide.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/Wine-Menu.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

We were very disappointed in the Wine Package (gold) on the Crown Princess last month.  On 4 out of 10 nights they didn't have our first choice. Obviously this would also have been a problem for anyone ordering a single bottle of wine too. The waiters and headwaiters explained that in anticipation of the new wine list, the inventory was being depleted intentionally.  Unfortunately, the wine lists weren't even being updated to note unavailability.  This had been going on for 2 months and they were all very apologetic (of course it wasn't their fault) and frazzled with no end in sight.  Eventually there will be no 'old' wines but they weren't even predicting when that would happen.

9 hours ago, wheezedr said:

Usually only offered on cruises over 10 days, so yours ought to work, but I’ve not seen it offered pre cruise.  When we have purchased them it has either been from a table set up near the atrium early in the cruise or by asking our waiter on day one or two.  For some reason it is not a package Princess pushes.

Thank you!

9 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Wine packages are not available to book online nor do they even mention it.  There should be a Gold wine package available on your cruise.  Based on this other thread the Silver package is being eliminated because only a few bottles are $31 or less.

We purchase it from our MDR waitstaff who will provide our wine because they can earn benefits such as extra time off in port. 🙂

Here’s a link to the new Princess wine list being implemented fleetwide.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/Wine-Menu.pdf

Very good information, thank you!

We were just on the Grand Princess Dec 23-Jan 7.  It was a 15 day Hawaii cruise.  We were expecting there to be a wine package and we were planning on buying it.  We asked multiple people and were consistently told that the wine package wasn't available for our cruise.  They were switching distributors and stock was low so they weren't doing it.  

Just off the Emerald - 15 day Hawaii.  No problem with wine package - just need to ask dining staff, AND it could only be used it in the dining room.  I'd just order an extra bottle and take it back to stateroom unopened for balcony sipping later.  It was possible to order a bottle via room service or from a bar, but they would not acknowledge the punch card.

• 4 months later...

As the wine package seems to be a wine card that is punched when you want a bottle of wine is there a chance you could get a bottle from the wine card at one of the ships bars to consume there? Appreciate all the information posted. 😉

On 6/25/2017 at 7:02 PM, h20skibum said:

These were the current costs for our 15 day Hawaii cruise in April and May.

b3147452b901d572ec54efb9bcaa9e26.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow. I've not seen happy hour in a long time. Glad its back