First night dress code

Peachypooh

Hi. We adhere to the dress code but was wondering about the first night. We have a 5:30 reservation in one of the Gem's restaurants that requires long pants for men and was wondering what would happen if our luggage didn't arrive in time. Thanks. Will they let you in with shorts?

Dress codes do not apply on departure day.

And for most people it is the same. Reasonable adult outfits. No fancy clothes every requuired onboard. Not trying to start any arguments, just saying that most people will not even think about dress code because they always wear long pants, collared shirts, shoes, etc.

Really though.. back to the OP - chances are high you will have your bags by 5pm. We usually see ours around 3-4pm, sometimes earlier. And, we always have a change of clothes in our carry on. Oops... the last two cruises we did carry on only, so no problem - LOL!

Hi. We adhere to the dress code but was wondering about the first night. We have a 5:30 reservation in one of the Gem's restaurants that requires long pants for men and was wondering what would happen if our luggage didn't arrive in time. Thanks. Will they let you in with shorts?

Why not just pack a pair of Khaki pants in the carry-on luggage?

Le Bistro and the AFT MDR are usually the sticklers for the free-style modified dress code BUT NOT the first night

when one's luggage may not even be available to change into.

NCL is not the White Star line where even 4th class cruisers have to dress in a tuxedo for the march of the penguins to dinner.

Le Bistro and the AFT MDR are usually the sticklers for the free-style modified dress code BUT NOT the first night

when one's luggage may not even be available to change into.

NCL is not the White Star line where even 4th class cruisers have to dress in a tuxedo for the march of the penguins to dinner.

Actually on our last Gem cruise there was no control of dress code on any nights. As much as I don't care about what other people wear it wasn't pretty.

What do you think you will be wearing that would violate the dress code? It is pretty lax for every restaurant except for Le Bistro and the aft dining room and even those are not very strict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And for most people it is the same. Reasonable adult outfits. No fancy clothes every requuired onboard. Not trying to start any arguments, just saying that most people will not even think about dress code because they always wear long pants, collared shirts, shoes, etc.

Really though.. back to the OP - chances are high you will have your bags by 5pm. We usually see ours around 3-4pm, sometimes earlier. And, we always have a change of clothes in our carry on. Oops... the last two cruises we did carry on only, so no problem - LOL!

Always wear long pants and collared shirts? I think you are mistaken. Especially people that are on vacation traveling in warm climate. I think you will find more people in shorts and tshirts. Additionally there will be many wearing sandals or flip flops.

Always wear long pants and collared shirts? I think you are mistaken. Especially people that are on vacation traveling in warm climate. I think you will find more people in shorts and tshirts. Additionally there will be many wearing sandals or flip flops.

I was thinking the same thing. My DH doesn't even pack long pants/jeans anymore for our NCL cruises. He will still wear a collared shirt with some nice shorts and sandals or tennis shoes but that's it. We don't dine in Le Bistro and will choose a different MDR if the Aft MDR has a stricter dress code. Most men we see are dressed the same or even in more casual attire (T-shirts and such) on NCL. All within the dress code.

My DH was sent back to change from shorts to long pants when we went to the aft dining room.

Was this on the first night? On most ships the Aft MDR and Le Bistro dress codes that require long pants but usually have an exception on the first night.

My DH was sent back to change from shorts to long pants when we went to the aft dining room.

We've seen this on previous ncl cruises, but not on our latest April's cruise on GEM. People were easily admitted in sports shorts.

Not ANYTHING!

Just about....saw a multigenerational family at Cagney's on the Escape with the father in his t shirt, jean cut offs and baseball cap. His son or son-in-law did him one better by wearing his baseball cap backwards.

Not steakhouse appropriate IMHO, but we don't make the rules, we just play the game.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Just about....saw a multigenerational family at Cagney's on the Escape with the father in his t shirt, jean cut offs and baseball cap. His son or son-in-law did him one better by wearing his baseball cap backwards.

Not steakhouse appropriate IMHO, but we don't make the rules, we just play the game.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

All right first night clothing jitters - luggage tied up either at the naughty room or crew elevators overloaded with

excess baggage.

BUT: baseball cap. His son or son-in-law did him one better by wearing his baseball cap backwards.

That's it - first night or last - headgear is not worn on a ship in dining rooms or restaurants - gross violation !

But we don't make the rules, we just play the game - where is the Matri 'D to enforce the rules of the game ?

If you did that on the White Star line you would have to grovel for food scraps and you would not be served

in any dining facility !

+1. As common decorum and courtesy continue to deteriorate, how long before there is no need for silverware in the dining venues?

For me I careless what other people where. I am not paying attention to others when I dine.

First of I rarely wear a hat, however, who made the rule in the first place that wearing a hat is wrong. Someone at some point in time came up with the idea. Why is the fact that it just got past along a few generations make it right?

What is exceptable changes with different countries and with time. So I just say why worry about things like that. Enjoy yourself and do what you want as long as you can be easily ignored by those who wish to.

Not to get Into and argument, just saying to have an open mind.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

For me I careless what other people where (wear) . I am not paying attention to others when I dine.

First of I rarely wear a hat, however, who made the rule in the first place that wearing a hat is wrong. Someone at some point in time came up with the idea. Why is the fact that it just got past (passed) along a few generations make it right?

What is exceptable (acceptable) changes with different countries and with time. So I just say why worry about things like that. Enjoy yourself and do what you want as long as you can be easily ignored by those who wish to.

Not to get Into and (an) argument, just saying to have an open mind.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Four paragraphs, each with a grammatical error. The nuns that taught me would have had a field day with you.