Would you switch to save $1,000

Hi

We are booked on the Navigator 9 night in a deluxe Balcony "hump" cabin #8612. First time sailing with RCCL - we picked this sailing because of Bonaire this is on our bucket list being avid scuba diver's. Contemplating changing cabins to a Promenade Interior to save $1,000 which would basically cover our airfare which is especially high because of the holiday the 1st week of January.

We have always sailed in either a Balcony or Suite on Carnival, I'm an early riser and love to go get my coffee and breakfast to have on the balcony without disturbing my husband who likes to sleep in when he can. The $1,000 is very tempting, is the cabin really that much smaller? I do like that the Promenade interior has 2 loveseat type couches to sit on. Any opinions are appreciated.

I have friends who have stayed in PR cabin. They said there was very little storage space and they wouldn't do it again. I wouldn't give up a balcony for any cabin other than an upgrade! BTW the hump balconies on NV are no bigger than other side balconies

I would personally take the interior room. I think a balcony would add value to my cruise, but it definitely wouldn't add $1,000 worth of value. If I think of all the things I could buy with $1,000, balconies fall pretty far down the hierarchy. But everyone is different; bf and I are just a couple years out of college, so we're frugal vacationers who don't have a lot of wiggle room for extra bells and whistles. But if you can afford it without taking a serious financial hit and you really think that the balcony would make a big difference in your experience, go for it! It's your vacation, have it your way.

I think the decision is really a personal one. $1000 is a lot of money. And with the ABC islands, you'll remember the things you did on the (gorgeous!) islands way more than you'll remember having coffee on your balcony each morning IMO. If you do pull the trigger on a promenade cabin, look for one near the stairs for a quick trip down to the Promenade -- or if on a high floor, to The Windjammer -- while hubby slumbers.

Funny story we were in a PR room once I was setting in the window people watching. Across the way the curtain was open the lady comes out of the shower into the room (did she think it was one way glass?) well after drying her hair and dancing around she look [emoji102] up at my smiling face. The curtains were never opened the remainder of the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As stated I would for an ocean view. We don't care for insides or promanade ( due to privacy) but have recently been booking some longer cruises and going with outsides instead of balconys. I have to say we haven't missed them as much as I thought I would. There is now a charge for a full breakfast and we don't find ourselves using the balcony as much on port days. On sea days we head to the Solarium. So now we look at the price of both and choose on a case by case basis. Our next 2 are balconys but the third is ocean view. We can see the ocean ( wont go below deck 3) and the weather and some view of ports.

That's a lot of money by the way or would be to us.

Funny story we were in a PR room once I was setting in the window people watching. Across the way the curtain was open the lady comes out of the shower into the room (did she think it was one way glass?) well after drying her hair and dancing around she look [emoji102] up at my smiling face. The curtains were never opened the remainder of the cruise.

You didn't catch he.. from Miss Kathy?

I have friends who have stayed in PR cabin. They said there was very little storage space and they wouldn't do it again. I wouldn't give up a balcony for any cabin other than an upgrade! BTW the hump balconies on NV are no bigger than other side balconies

Thank you! I learn something new here everyday!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh dear, I thought for a moment - until you said she dried her hair - that it was me. I did that idiotic thing in a promenade cabin once with the curtain open and crawled backwards to the bathroom in horror.

This is personal preference. For me, I would never pay $1,000.00 more for a room just because of a balcony. A promenade interior is interesting, depending on where it is, but we found that we got to enjoy the promenade entertainment (like the parades and the shows) from the comfort of our own room.

there should actually be a small couch and a smaller loveseat type chain in the window. We had one on our first cruise on the Mariner and enjoyed the people watching. room didn't really feel that small compared to some of our past balcony rooms. would be a tough call on a 9 day cruise. I agree with what someone else said previously, take the promenade and $1,000 savings now and watch for any further reductions on balconies that might come up.

We always had a balcony until we decided to try a PR due to the lower price. We decided we did miss the balcony. Yes, you can turn on the TV to the webcam to see what it's like outside, but it's just not the same. We found the cabin to be very small but we did have two love seats, one in the window and one next to the bed, next to the window. I may try it on a shorter cruise but not a 9 day.

I h

Hi

We are booked on the Navigator 9 night in a deluxe Balcony "hump" cabin #8612. First time sailing with RCCL - we picked this sailing because of Bonaire this is on our bucket list being avid scuba diver's. Contemplating changing cabins to a Promenade Interior to save $1,000 which would basically cover our airfare which is especially high because of the holiday the 1st week of January.

We have always sailed in either a Balcony or Suite on Carnival, I'm an early riser and love to go get my coffee and breakfast to have on the balcony without disturbing my husband who likes to sleep in when he can. The $1,000 is very tempting, is the cabin really that much smaller? I do like that the Promenade interior has 2 loveseat type couches to sit on. Any opinions are appreciated.

I had 8618, a great cabin and location.

I would probably do it for that much. I love that ship and that itinerary so its a no lose. FYI If you search on Youtube for BILL MCCALL BONAIRE you can see my shore dives from Bonaire. Had a great time.

Only you can decide the value of a balcony TO YOU. As someone said earlier, it's a personal decision.

We switched from balcony to interior for the first time several cruises ago. We were 4 points from Diamond and wanted to take the cheapest 4-night Bahamas cruise we could to reach D so DW agreed to try an interior after having had a balcony on every cruise growing up and the few we had taken since our honeymoon. As it turns out, we not only had no problem with an interior, we even preferred it and will likely only opt for a balcony again if the destination dictates one (i.e. Alaska next Summer).

DW's parents got us an ocean view balcony for a family cruise on Oasis in June (we had no say in the matter). We used it once and it made our room bright and hot. We went back on Oasis 4 weeks later and enjoyed our interior more than the balcony. Personal preference...