Will we look funny?

sibs

I know another formal question, but I love to dress up and so does my daughter. We are on oasis and for the two formal nights want to wear long formal dresses. (We never get to do that at home) Will we look way overdressed and out of place? Thanks

I know another formal question, but I love to dress up and so does my daughter. We are on oasis and for the two formal nights want to wear long formal dresses. (We never get to do that at home) Will we look way overdressed and out of place? Thanks

No, lots of women dress in formals on formal nights. And some men have on their Tuxes.

Edited by Bette And Bill

You will look great and fit right in with others who dress the same way.

There is such a variety in what people where on formal nights... From shorts to long and fancy dresses. You will not stick out, but might possibly be envied :) I wear a semi-dressy-dress every night, just because it's the only time I ever dress up (except weddings and funerals), and I always envy the ladies in fancy gowns!!!

You won't look funny at all. I've been on both ends; I've gone on cruises where I just didn't want to dress up at all, and didn't. No one batted an eye. Then there have been cruises where I shopped for formal suits to wear on formal nights, and felt great doing so! Sometimes it just feels great to dress up, and trust me, people will stare. But only because of how nice you look.

Wear your formal wear and be sure to get your picture taken by the photographers before dinner.

Ship's officers will be wearing their dress uniforms as well as CD (and their staff?) dress formal. I can't remember now but I think even the dining room staff have different uniforms for formal night.

Wear your formal wear and be sure to get your picture taken by the photographers before dinner.

Ship's officers will be wearing their dress uniforms as well as CD (and their staff?) dress formal. I can't remember now but I think even the dining room staff have different uniforms for formal night.

Good point, we almost always get a formal picture taken ( of course we are diamond and they are free)

Not as obvious, but yes, they do wear a different outfit on formal night.

Wow I never noticed that, I'll be sure to check it out on my next cruise. I also love to see people all decked out on formal nights, one of the things I miss from the way cruising used to be years ago. But I also understand with baggage restrictions from the airlines and a general "casualization" of our society it was pretty much inevitable.

Enjoy what you decide to wear...many will be dressed similar but many will not...You will certainly not make those that are not "jealous" as some posted above....that's not the point or has anything to do with what each of us decides to wear.