3 for free starts on Sept 5

anthonyy7

OK. Trying to make sure I understand this properly. I thought I did until the fare sheet was posted. :) Not working with a TA.

We are currently booked in a Summer 2018 Alaska cruise, BB balcony cabin, with the Sip and Sail promotion. Since we don't drink, we took the OBC and got $300 ($150 each for person 1&2 because 7 day cruise, third passenger got no OBC for turning down the soda package.)

Looking at the fare in the sheet that was so kindly posted, the fare listed for a balcony on our dates for person 1 & 2 is about $150 less than our current fare. There are still non-premium balcony cabins available for our cruise.

Three for free would give us that lower fare for person 1 & 2 but no fare change for person 3. We'd get the prepaid gratuities and $75 OBC (7 day cruise) for each of the three people in the cabin.

So, if I ask to take off the S+S and swap for 3 for free, I should be able to keep our same cabin (not a premium cabin and there are still balconies available for our sailing.) We would lose the $300 S+S OBC, but lower our fare by $300 PLUS get the prepaid gratuities and also get $225 OBC?? Am I missing something?? We were about to make payment in full this week just to have it over with but now I'm thinking I should wait until after 9/5...

Thanks!!

Yes if the prices for the fare are truly the prices once sale goes live you guys would be better with new sale so I would wait til 9/5. That fare sheet did say fares could change...rarely has but wanted to make sure that disclaimer was mentioned...but would wait til the sale begins. Please post back to let ys know if it did work out for you...hope it does

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Yes I definitely wouldn't pay in full this far out anyway. You could miss out on potential lower fares and better promos, which the 3 for Free looks to be. I would at least wait until after the 5th to pay off your cruise. I am hoping for a similar deal with our June Alaska cruise, if the fares do indeed go down a bit, because it would save us a few hundred dollars.

Thanks!

Looks like the fares on our cruise are staying the same.

Looks like we could save a bit with the three-for-free, but hate to give up the AIBP, and pay for all drinks!!!

We have been looking forward to sailing with the AIBP for once.

Our new TA, referred from a great poster here, just answered... "Let you know on the 5th...."

Fumy to see the pricing listed right here online!

A TA that reaches Princess Commodore status has completed extensive individual training on the Princess product and maintains that status with yearly training and Sales of the product .

Training includes many hours of online courses and

cruising experience aboard Princess .

It is an individual accomplishment, not an agency award .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cool! Never knew this existed. Thanks for the info.

Susan we have our TA mark our booking no upgrades, but that said when this type of promo comes out he is always able to get us the lower price for our cabin type while we maintain the cabin we want. We usually pick a mid ship interior which is higher but 99.999% of the time are paying the price of the lower priced interior cabin and usually a little bit less than what princess has it posted for on top of that.

I am Platinum status....working on the Elite! I have yet to book directly with Princess. I ALWAYS get a better price from a TA. It might make it a bit tricky to upgrade to a better deal when dealing with a TA but to me, it's worth it for what we save.

We'll see when this deal comes out.

OK. Trying to make sure I understand this properly. I thought I did until the fare sheet was posted. :) Not working with a TA.

We are currently booked in a Summer 2018 Alaska cruise, BB balcony cabin, with the Sip and Sail promotion. Since we don't drink, we took the OBC and got $300 ($150 each for person 1&2 because 7 day cruise, third passenger got no OBC for turning down the soda package.)

Looking at the fare in the sheet that was so kindly posted, the fare listed for a balcony on our dates for person 1 & 2 is about $150 less than our current fare. There are still non-premium balcony cabins available for our cruise.

Three for free would give us that lower fare for person 1 & 2 but no fare change for person 3. We'd get the prepaid gratuities and $75 OBC (7 day cruise) for each of the three people in the cabin.

So, if I ask to take off the S+S and swap for 3 for free, I should be able to keep our same cabin (not a premium cabin and there are still balconies available for our sailing.) We would lose the $300 S+S OBC, but lower our fare by $300 PLUS get the prepaid gratuities and also get $225 OBC?? Am I missing something?? We were about to make payment in full this week just to have it over with but now I'm thinking I should wait until after 9/5...

Thanks!!

I would definitly wait as long as you are still in the period without penelty. I did exactly what you are proposing for a sailing a while back. I gave up the S+S and swapped for 3 for free. I didn't get an upgrade on any kind as far as the cabin went....that's sometime a bit tricky to work out....but the gratuities and OBC more (much) covered the drinks we purchased on board.

Just curious...does anyone know if there will be a reduced deposit with 3 for free? Thanks

OR if the non-refundable deposit we already paid will flip over to a sailing changed/upgrade to 3 for free?

Edited by suzyed
spelling error

I'm worried - I don't see the Alaska Connoisseur CruiseTour I want listed in the spreadsheet. :-(

I'll check with my TA

I didn't see my cruise tour listed either although the cruise itself is listed. Maybe it means that they don't need to entice new people for the cruise tour as it is selling well. For me it would only be a savings of $67 total. Everything helps but not a big deal if it does not qualify.

Question! Are you comparing the spreadsheet to the cruises on the Princess website or to the cruises that many of you have already booked?? I am looking at a few and the ones on the website with the SnS sale are a little cheaper but of course waiting to see the 3 for Free sale. It makes one keep looking that is for sure:) Have a good day and weekend everyone.

I would definitly wait as long as you are still in the period without penelty. I did exactly what you are proposing for a sailing a while back. I gave up the S+S and swapped for 3 for free. I didn't get an upgrade on any kind as far as the cabin went....that's sometime a bit tricky to work out....but the gratuities and OBC more (much) covered the drinks we purchased on board.

Yoy didnt get your cabin for the cheaper price? We by no means get a different cabin, but if our center ship cabin is normally 800pp and the cheapest interior is say 720pp we have always been able to keep our cabin and pay the 720 price....did that not happen for you?

Yes if the prices for the fare are truly the prices once sale goes live you guys would be better with new sale so I would wait til 9/5. That fare sheet did say fares could change...rarely has but wanted to make sure that disclaimer was mentioned...but would wait til the sale begins. Please post back to let ys know if it did work out for you...hope it does

Thank you!! I read through the fine print again to confirm I'm understanding correctly, and we're going to wait until 9/5 and see what happens before going ahead with the payment. I do know we are considered "Summer 18" as we're in July. Will update....

Question! Are you comparing the spreadsheet to the cruises on the Princess website or to the cruises that many of you have already booked?? I am looking at a few and the ones on the website with the SnS sale are a little cheaper but of course waiting to see the 3 for Free sale. It makes one keep looking that is for sure:) Have a good day and weekend everyone.

I do not want to be a pest! Would someone be so kind as to answer my question about where you are looking at the prices. Thanks so much.

I do not want to be a pest! Would someone be so kind as to answer my question about where you are looking at the prices. Thanks so much.

For me I am comparing my latest invoice from our TA to the possible prices that were mentioned in the spreadsheet that was posted. While it looks like the base far goes up $20 pp for that $20 I get free tips and $75pp obc...so worth it for me.

OK, maybe a silly question. but when trying to read the posted fare chart, the columns change after the first page. We're looking at a cruise on the Royal Class which has no oceanview rooms. Reading the 4 prices across are: $2049, $2999, $3149, and $4999. I'm assuming that this is for Interior, Balcony, Mini-Suite and Suite. Is this correct? As this line also has a distinction between Balcony, Deluxe Balcony, (and Premium Balcony, but I assume that these are not included.) If that's the case, the price for suites is phenomenal, but still expensive. And if we wish to book a balcony, can it be any kind of balcony, including the deluxe balcony staterooms?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this!