re meat pies

7 hours ago, possum52 said:

For lunch tofay we had pies made by National Pies in Hobart. Woolies stock them. Rectangle shaped classic beef. Very tasty.

Untitled-1-2.png

Top products from Tassie, we often get the Sausage Roll Party Pie Pack for weekend munchies.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Had an Herbert Adams pie today, chicken, leek and Camembert, and now we know that Elmsbury pies in Aldi are made at the same place, using somilar packaging but much cheaper.

We get Herbert Adams pies in NZ too (Aussie made) and they are good, probably the best supermarket ones. Clearly not the range you get, just various beef ones ( Shiraz, peppered steak). My favourite is the beef sous vide, although the chicken, leek and camembert sounds yummy, will keep a watch out for it 😋

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

Hello, what about the NZ favourite, a Dads Pie, Lemb and vegtible of course with Watties Tomato Sauce. Jubbly. With a Watties ice cream from the Dairy.Wattie-s-Tomato-Sauce-Ice-Cream_listingimage.jpg.579c421f9abaa7f921b3745e25126fa7.jpg

lamb-and-roast-vegetable.png.8021396209cb12713c98404496a44058.png

Hahaha, I thought you'd done some clever photoshopping with the Watties ice cream until I googled it! Yikes, I need to get out more and broaden my horizons 🤣 

I don't know if I've had a Dad's Pie, I've had so many disappointments with the individually sold pies in NZ (unless it's cafe or restaurant made) that I avoid the locally made ones. They taste fine, it's just that they have much less meat in them than the Aussie ones. Will give Dad's a go 🙂

• Like 2

19 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I see Garlo is having another crack at the U.S. market.

IMG_4638.jpeg

Well done Sean, but you should have taken this display..everything is big in the Land of the Free.

76957361_2711369332283574_1047321147995062272_n.jpg.2b0d12121a8b4a5f689942736966a079.jpg

• 1 month later...

Found it.

It was chicken pie for lunch today, very tasty. We will be flying out to Boston on the 21st, where we will of course have to try the "Boston Cream Pie" which bears no resemblance to "pie" at all, other than being round but we all know that some pie are squared.

• Like 3

On 8/13/2023 at 11:19 PM, Blackduck59 said:

Found it.

It was chicken pie for lunch today, very tasty. We will be flying out to Boston on the 21st, where we will of course have to try the "Boston Cream Pie" which bears no resemblance to "pie" at all, other than being round but we all know that some pie are squared.

Make sure you visit Little Italy in the North End of Boston for a pizza pie and other great Italian food. Another must is The Union Oyster House for clam chowder. But do not try the clam pizza pie..... Enjoy!

Edited by BRANDEE
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BRANDEE said:

Make sure you visit Little Italy in the North End of Boston for a pizza pie and other great Italian food. Another must is The Union Oyster House for clam chowder. But do not try the clam pizza pie..... Enjoy!

I'll have to remember that when we have a port stop there next year on the Australian world cruise.

We're also stopping in New York for two days and are thinking of going to a jazz club the night we stopover. Any suggestions?

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'll have to remember that when we have a port stop there next year on the Australian world cruise.

We're also stopping in New York for two days and are thinking of going to a jazz club the night we stopover. Any suggestions?

In nyc in 2016 on Aurora. Did a ships tour of roof  top bars, did about 4 of them, princess may offer that tour, Julie.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 9:16 AM, NSWP said:

Are Freddos pies still operating up at Frederickton, up that way? Always a good stop for a good dog's eye.

I am a bit belated on this, as I haven't had many new pies to try out for a while.

In this general location, a diversion off the highway at Kew towards Port Mac had awesome pies at North Haven - Addictive Pie Shop. It has been a few years, so I can't vouch for current offerings. They have been great pies, and the owner was a regular contributor here, but passed earlier this year. Icy Jen's pies always went down well with a couple of Crownies.

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's not really what we want but thanks anyway. 

Birdland Jazz Club ( 315W 44th St) is a favorite of a good friend of mine, she enjoys Arturo O'Farrill who plays there often,  Also the Rose Center at Lincoln Center. The 2024 schedule is not out yet to tell you who is playing when in town next year.

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The best place in NYC is on 42nd Street at the Cabaret for All that Jazz.

3 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

Birdland Jazz Club ( 315W 44th St) is a favorite of a good friend of mine, she enjoys Arturo O'Farrill who plays there often,  Also the Rose Center at Lincoln Center. The 2024 schedule is not out yet to tell you who is playing when in town next year.

Thanks. That gives us some options when we get to that level of planning.

• 1 month later...

With the sad news of Mr. Gut's passing I thought a comment on this thread would be appropriate. It was always a pleasure to read him wax on about his favourite food. He was always game for a good dog's eye. I happened to have a small meat pie and a sausage roll for lunch today.

RIP Mr. Gut, condolences to your family and we are sure Maxi is wondering where his best friend went.

• Like 5