re meat pies

We should warn Sue not to eat in the open around Wynyard as George st. is being dug up. DROP BEARS have been sighted after sunset.

A dab of Vegemite behind the ears will keep the Drop Bears away.

Edited by Sparky74
autocorrect made a typo!

We should warn Sue not to eat in the open around Wynyard as George st. is being dug up. DROP BEARS have been sighted after sunset.

They rarely come out around noon so she should be right at lunchtime, it is after 5pm (Dusk and dawn) when they are most dangerous.

How did you cope?, I would have passed and gone for a creamed horn.:cool:

I bought it through a drive thru, expected it to have cream, when I got stuck in 1/2 hour later realised then that there was no cream.

Hi les.

Speant 33 years in the western suburbs and loved it. When we retired moved to hollywell, Qld. God's country. Like you guys love cruising. Next one 12 nighter Sydney to nz on the solstice and can't wait.

All the best Bob.

Hi Bob, I got to Bankstown for a little while in the 80's. Far enough west for me, cowboy country, Dodge City and all that. Enjoy Celebrity Solstice, did the NZ run on that about 5 years ago, big ship, but quite good, don't walk on the grass up top !! Just been up to NQ for a little road trip, flew into Rocky, then driving - Emerald - Charters Towers - Townsville - Mackay , back to Rocky and fly to Canberra. Nice time of year for NQ. I was Airlie Beach in March on QM2 - Syd-HK. Extreme heat and humidity, too much for me.:(

Cheers, Les.;)

Maybe you should have a taco pie?

PATENT PENDING.

Tacos - corn tortillas etc, most of the Mexican stuff is GF. Got a new Mexican place in town - 'Coyotes' for you Canberrans coming over the mountain, contributing to our economy. We need some cruise ships in, but that's another story, have to have a big raffle to pay for dredging the harbour.:(

One time I was taking the kids skiing at Mt Buller. On the way stopped at the Yea Bakery. Having been used to Four'n'Twentys they could not work out what the big chunks were in the pies.

Real pieces of meat. Great pies.

Both kids now vegetarians.

Tacos - corn tortillas etc, most of the Mexican stuff is GF. Got a new Mexican place in town - 'Coyotes' for you Canberrans coming over the mountain, contributing to our economy. We need some cruise ships in, but that's another story, have to have a big raffle to pay for dredging the harbour.:(

Yeah, it all costs money, just tax all those ex Canberran retirees.:cool:

One time I was taking the kids skiing at Mt Buller. On the way stopped at the Yea Bakery. Having been used to Four'n'Twentys they could not work out what the big chunks were in the pies.

That would not be my reaction to finding meat in a pie.

When she was about twelve or 13 Miss Gut decided she was going to be a vegetarian (some of her school friends were) lasted about a week.

Mrs Gut is now a Vegan after a nasty round with pancreatitis.

Personally I prefer a pit with chunks of meat, probably why I like Harry's though a few places near me do one with shredded steak, not a bad alternative.

Also for fans of chunky pies the Aldi Chunky aren't bad for a frozen pie.

Just make sure that the BBQ shapes are the original recipe. They had to bring them back due to complaints as the new recipe ones are terrible.

When she was about twelve or 13 Miss Gut decided she was going to be a vegetarian (some of her school friends were) lasted about a week.

Mrs Gut is now a Vegan after a nasty round with pancreatitis.

Personally I prefer a pit with chunks of meat, probably why I like Harry's though a few places near me do one with shredded steak, not a bad alternative.

Also for fans of chunky pies the Aldi Chunky aren't bad for a frozen pie.

Herbert Adams have a chunky style as well.