Celebrity captains club

Jallo

Does anyone else have this problem. I really enjoy my Celebrity Cruises and have absolutely no complaints abut the actual cruises. However, pre cruise when you email a question to the Captains Club they are extremely lax in responding or acknowledging - they take forever to respond. For example, I have booked a cruise for February 2018 and emailed a question to them last Saturday, 19 August with a chaser email sent yesterday. Still no response or acknowledgement.

This is not the first time this has happened. It certainly doesn't make you feel special as you are left wondering if they have even received your email.

Email sent to captainsclub@celebrity.com

Does anyone have a better email address

Does anyone else have this problem. I really enjoy my Celebrity Cruises and have absolutely no complaints abut the actual cruises. However, pre cruise when you email a question to the Captains Club they are extremely lax in responding or acknowledging - they take forever to respond. For example, I have booked a cruise for February 2018 and emailed a question to them last Saturday, 19 August with a chaser email sent yesterday. Still no response or acknowledgement.

This is not the first time this has happened. It certainly doesn't make you feel special as you are left wondering if they have even received your email.

Email sent to captainsclub@celebrity.com

Does anyone have a better email address

I have had mixed results with email. Sometimes no response, sometimes slow and sometimes fast response. If need be, call on the phone.

Sorry you are having this issue. I, too, have sent emails to CC and it took quite a while before getting any response.

Since my sailing was several months away and nothing I considered critical, we did not worry about it. Actually once I forgot about the email and voila one day there was an email and a phone call responding to my question.

Net net, pending on how critical your question is or need to have an immediate response, just call. Please remember they most likely have hundreds of emails and phone calls to respond to daily.... so I can only presume emails are answered in priority of sailing and urgency and until they do some additional research on the question, if needed.

bon voyage

Thanks very much for your reply. As a matter of principle I refuse to phone as it is a premium rate charge. Why should I pay for a premium call which could cost a lot of money (depending on how slow they are to answer my questions) about a booked cruise for questions/answers that I can't find online

Apparently it sounds like you are in an area where a toll-free number is not available. Do you have the "Let us call you" option available as we do here in the U.S. on the website, I know the UK website does not offer this option.

The other options I can readily think of, which will be at no charge, is asking the question via twitter, instagram or Facebook might yield a quicker response in lieu of having a for fee call made by you.

bon voyage

If it's urgent (like Celebrity not letting me pay online), I phone. I usually get a call back within 30 minutes). Can you call after hours? There is a 5 hour time difference....leave a brief message and they can call you. My PVP told me that due to the website issues they are being overwhelmed with calls.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I sent Captains Club an email on Aug 16th about a cruise i'm taking in October 2017 and I received their response Aug 25th. So just maybe they are swamped with emails/calls and of course, we should consider summer time and staff on vacation. Hope you get a reply soon.

A complaint on FB usually elicits a reply pretty quickly.

I was having problems with contact FROM Celebrity. I was being sent emails inviting me to book Speciality restaurants and Excursions, when I didn't have a booking. Enough was enough when I was sent someone else's INVOICE.

My FB post soon brought a phone call from Miami. Apparently the emails were meant for a passenger with a very similar name.

This is again another reason why it makes sense to use a reputable Travel Agency instead of booking directly with the cruise line. Most questions are answered immediately by a qualified TA; and if not, then they can get the answer for you from the cruise line withing 24 hours at the most.

This is again another reason why it makes sense to use a reputable Travel Agency instead of booking directly with the cruise line. Most questions are answered immediately by a qualified TA; and if not, then they can get the answer for you from the cruise line withing 24 hours at the most.

n - apparently, TA and booking with TA's are very different in other countries than the US, this is based on information others have posted here from time to time.

So, many passengers from outside of the US, find it beneficial to book directly with X.

bon voyage

Actually, I did book with a reputable Travel Agent as I am travelling either side of the cruise. However, my question was specifically to do with the Captains Club and not for the TA to answer.

Thanks to Villauk who suggested emailing captainsclub.uk@rccl.com . I have had an acknowledgement from them advising when I should expect a reply to my questions. Even though it is a significant length of time (approx. 14 days) at least I know it will get dealt with. Having said that I don't know of many businesses who would think that was an acceptable length of time before they answer simple questions!

Thank yu al for your responses

Actually, I did book with a reputable Travel Agent as I am travelling either side of the cruise. However, my question was specifically to do with the Captains Club and not for the TA to answer.

Thanks to Villauk who suggested emailing captainsclub.uk@rccl.com . I have had an acknowledgement from them advising when I should expect a reply to my questions. Even though it is a significant length of time (approx. 14 days) at least I know it will get dealt with. Having said that I don't know of many businesses who would think that was an acceptable length of time before they answer simple questions!

Thank yu al for your responses

Glad it helped ;).

Even though it is a significant length of time (approx. 14 days) at least I know it will get dealt with. Having said that I don't know of many businesses who would think that was an acceptable length of time before they answer simple questions!

Glad you got a response. You have to keep in mind that they probably get a lot of emails asking questions, etc. and I'm sure they take them in order they were sent in and that is probably why it takes a little time.

I too have experienced long wait times for responses to some questions, but didn't mind waiting for an answer if the question wasn't urgent. On the few times that it was, I managed to get a pretty quick response by requesting both a delivery receipt and a read receipt and copying Lisa Lutoff-Perlo. I received a response in less than 5 minutes. I'm guessing that it was copying the CEO and not the read receipt! I would not recommend doing that unless my question required an immediate response however.

I am based in the UK. Thank you all for your responses and I'll certainly try some of them

I would use saynoto0870 to search for a better phone number for Celebrity in UK . I have successfully used the freephone number (and the 01.. numbers as I have included landline calls).

I use the search for any calls to numbers with anything other than 01 or 02

numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums