Food for pescatarians

Lynnw5

Hi, we are Pescatarians, vegetarians who eat fish, will there be plenty of choice in the main restaurant or should we tick the box saying we are vegetarians and, if we do that, is it ok for us to eat fish when we go for an evening meal.

You should be just fine. There is always a fish or seafood offering and a vegetarian offering on the menu. As long as you eat eggs and cheese, there will be range of dishes to choose from.

Per above, you should have no problems whatsoever!

Enjoy your cruise! :D

Hi, we are Pescatarians, vegetarians who eat fish, will there be plenty of choice in the main restaurant or should we tick the box saying we are vegetarians and, if we do that, is it ok for us to eat fish when we go for an evening meal.

Don't think I have seen the term before, but we often cruise with our best friends and he is a self-described vegetarian and eats seafood. If you check vegetarian - or any special diet - you will be visited by the Head Waiter (HW) for your DR section and he/she will consult with you on menu choices and options for the following night's dinner. Seafood is available always at buffet, specialty restaurants, and main DR menu. If there is a troublesome ingredient in a fish dish you would like to have, just ask the HW about modifying it and you will find they are quite accommodating. Our friend has been very impressed at the service he has received on multiple Princess ships.

My husband and I are also veggie/fish eaters. Never had a problem at the MDR or buffet. A fish choice is always available in the MDR and grilled salmon is available every night, too. Lots of choices in the buffet to suit us. You will have no problem at all.

Pescatarians. I like it! I always thought it was completely bogus to claim to be a vegetarian and still eat seafood (or sometimes people claim to be vegetarian and still eat chicken). Using a title other than Vegetarian is far less disingenuous. Congratulations! That is a great name for your eating choices and is self-explanatory to boot.

As stated, there are many fish and seafood offerings.

If you need to avoid anything with meat (including cross-contamination), you will need to talk with the head waiter each night to order your meal for the next day. They can modify the fish dishes if necessary to make sure they contain no meat products.

If meat products in sauces and meat cross-contamination are not issues for you, then you can then order from the menu based on the menu descriptions.

Pescatarians. I like it! I always thought it was completely bogus to claim to be a vegetarian and still eat seafood (or sometimes people claim to be vegetarian and still eat chicken). Using a title other than Vegetarian is far less disingenuous. Congratulations! That is a great name for your eating choices and is self-explanatory to boot.

Thanks for your kind comments, interestingly in the UK Pescatarian is a fairly common used term

OTOH, what if Pescatarian was like a seafood only eater and consuming vegetables in addition was bogus? ;p

On the Regal, we found the seafood to be overall excellent. I think you'll have plenty of choices.

My DH is a pescatarian and has never had a problem... lots of choices. I like eating at the Crown Grill Steak Restaurant (I'm not a pescatarian) and DH always finds enough to eat there, too. He really enjoys the Chilean Sea Bass, Tiger Prawns and Black & Blue Onion Soup.

Don't miss the barramundi and the king clip in the MDR. Also the MDR serves filet of sole for lunch one day. All to die for. The sea bass in the Crown Grill is amazing. There is lots of fish to eat on board. Including lox and bagels for breakfast. I am an omniterian (I just made that up) so I enjoy it all.

I have been a pescatarian for 34 years. To further complicate matters we only eat Kosher fish. One of the main reasons we are so loyal to Princess is because they offer plenty of vegetarian and fish options we can eat. You will be fine.

On our Scandinavian cruise, though, tI ended up having salmon about four times. It was delicious! The buffet had more fish options than did the Dining Rooms.

Don't think it really matters, from our perspective it is just an easy way of describing to people what you are happy to eat

Well, I think it's kind of cool, so I am going to ask my friend if he has heard the term. Maybe he will try it on for size as it certainly suits him.

I'm more of an omnivore, but really love the seafood offerings on Princess. The only one that seemed odd to me was clam chowder with bacon bits included. Other than that I probably eat more fish, shrimp, etc. onboard ship than I ever do at home.

We once had a cruise where our tablemates were vegetarians. The Maitre'D talked with them about their food preferences and even had a special dish prepared for them the next night. (They didn't show for dinner that night, but the dish was delicious !!!)