When to Disembark

tmariebolz

The morning of the day you must go home, how late can you stay on the ship before you have to get off?

Depends on the ship. Oasis class tends to take longer to disembark. You might get until 10:30am or so. Smaller ships figure last call sometime between 9am and 10am.

Depends on the ship. Oasis class tends to take longer to disembark. You might get until 10:30am or so. Smaller ships figure last call sometime between 9am and 10am.

We are going on the Harmony. I guess we have a good chance of squeezing a little more time in then.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Depending on the ship and port, it may be possible to stay on longer. We boarded Adventure out of Southampton after 11am a couple years ago and ran into a couple still on board from the previous cruise. They said something about paying to stay longer.

Depending on the ship and port, it may be possible to stay on longer. We boarded Adventure out of Southampton after 11am a couple years ago and ran into a couple still on board from the previous cruise. They said something about paying to stay longer.

True, Royal does have an extended stay program that lets guests stay on until the afternoon, but I've only seen this offered in Europe.

We are going on the Harmony. I guess we have a good chance of squeezing a little more time in then.

You might be able to stay on longer, but there really won't be much, if anything, to do. Staff is busy cleaning and performing maintenance, activities and most dining areas are closed, etc.

to do what? there will literally be zero of the service and goings on you have been experiencing. you will be herded into your departure lounge and expected to disembark ASAP

Sticking around is NO fun...there is no service to speak of...they want you gone. You have to be out of the cabin by 8am...breakfast is earlier than normal...and sitting in crowded public areas is not fun at all. When you go to bed on the last night, consider the cruise to be over.

out of the cabin by 8 am , off NLT 930. everything is closed or is on very limited service( breakfast, for instance will end by 8 am)

Breakfast does not end at 8am on the final morning. The time depends on the venue and the ship. A couple of recent examples are Allure, WJ was open until 9, as was Park Cafe. On Anthem, things closed at 8:30, with La Patisserie open until 9am. What ship are you claiming stopped at 8am? Was this recently? They do not require you to be out of the cabins at 8am either. We have stayed later than that with no issues.

Just remember... The people on the next cruise are just as excited to get on as you were, and the longer it takes to get the passengers OFF, the longer it takes to be ready for the new passengers.

Exactly.......people need to remember their own excitement on embarkation day and give that to the next cruisers. There is nothing to do on the morning of debarkation.....we enjoy breakfast in the WJ, and off we go.....we don't necessarily get up at 7am but we get up, for breakfast and are off the ship by 9am. The staff has plenty to do to be able to usher on board the next cruisers by 11:30am or so.

You may not want to. You will have to vacate the room early so the stewards can start getting ready for the next cruisers--they will be admitting the next cruisers to the staterooms at 1:00 pm, so they have to start early.

Dining venues will close early because they need to have everything sparkling for the next cruisers--often, new cruisers will be boarding by 11:00 or shortly thereafter.

Public areas will be crowded. You will be told to go someplace specific (like the theater, the dining room) to await your luggage tag number being called--and it will be crowded. There MAY be coffee and a cookie or danish available in the spot you are assigned to wait for your luggage tag number to be called.

In short, because Royal lets the next cruisers on early compared to many lines, staying on board for enjoyment is simply not an option. I THINK we had to be out of the cabin by 7:30 or 8:00 on the Oasis last week.

Instead of planning on staying on longer the last day, plan on checking in early and boarding early so you fully enjoy that first day. Wear swim suits under clothing and head for the pools, spend the time touring and locating spots (map in hand), be sure to plan on having lunch aboard--less crowded venues: Sorrento's pizza, Solarium Bistro, Park Cafe, Promanade Cafe, Wipe Out Cafe. The first day is fun and a nice extra time to be on board; the last day isn't.

Wasn't planning on staying the ship too long. Just long enough to have breakfast. I know the Disney Cruise ships allows you to have a bite before you get off. I just didn't know how long you had.

Royal does serve breakfast on the last morning, both in the buffet and the Main Dining room. The breakfast period may not last as long as on other mornings, but you would normally have at least 90 minutes to 2 hours for breakfast.

Honestly, it's not an extension of your cruise fun. Everything's closed, staff is busy, folks have luggage with them, and the cruise mood is gone. Most folks just want to move on.

I agree I am ready to snap my fingers and be home the second I wake up on the last morning of the cruise. I find the mood people different when Departing the cruise

Royal does serve breakfast on the last morning, both in the buffet and the Main Dining room. The breakfast period may not last as long as on other mornings, but you would normally have at least 90 minutes to 2 hours for breakfast.

Thank you.