FABULOUS cruise to Alaska ! As new cruisers, we want to thank these crew members:

EastBay Cruisers

We just disembarked from an absolutely fabulous cruise to Alaska. As first-time cruisers, we loved, loved, loved it ! We are going to write a review and try to post some photos as soon as we get unpacked and catch up on things at home.

In the meantime, we want to thank all the seasoned cruisers here who so patiently answered our questions and concerns. I know you all have heard the same questions over and over, but your kind, patient replies meant a great deal to us !

Our heartfelt gratitude to the crew members who worked so diligently to provide us with the vacation of a lifetime. Maybe you know some of these crew members and are as impressed as we were.

Big thanks to:

Captain Vincenzo Lubrano

Cruise Director Corey Moir

Asst. Cruise Director Theo ( from Brazil)

Executive Chef Giuseppe Pollara

Maitre D' Rui Pereira

Head Waiters Plamen ( from Bulgaria) and Fernando ( from Portugal)

Our wonderful dinner waiter Arnold Jimeno

Our wonderful room steward Clifford Yaz

Naturalist/ Marine Scientist Rachael Cartwright who provided a most eloquent simulcast presentation from the bridge as we glided into the Tracey Arm Fjord

Iditarod Dog Sled Race winner Libby Riddles who gave a great slide show on the training and preparation for the Iditarod Race- 1000 miles.

Our native Tlingit guide Joe Williams in Ketchikan who provied a dynamic walking tour through town and much cultural information about the various totem poles.

Our tour bus driver/narrator "Pete" in Skagway who really knows his history and literature of the gold rush of 1897-98.

These folks are absolutely outstanding. :D We are so very impressed and cannot wait to go cruising again ! !!!!!:D:D:D

( More info to be added this week ! Just wanted to write the introduction to this post). - EBC

We strongly recommend this cruise, and we thank everyone at Princess for their work in making this such a special experience.

Glad you had an excellent cruise......:)

Ship?

We were on the Emerald Princess. (gorgeous) It's in the signature line, but I'll put it in the main body of the message when I continue the review.

Keith, by the way, you and many others were an excellent help in answering all of our "newbie" questions. Thanks so much. :):)

Thank You Eastbay Cruisers, very nice post.

I will be aboard in less than a month. Do you recall some of the other "entertainment team" people's names. I already know Taaaaaayo :) And do you happen to know if they and Corey are staying on for a while? Any crew listed leaving soon that you know of? Repo to LA may mean some change of crew I am thinking.

FYI, The Emerald Princess is a GRAND class ship and sister to the Crown and Ruby. I am not aware of a Princess Signature line?

Very nice shout out! Its so refreshing to hear how someone had a wonderful time on their cruise.

DH and I have done the Alaska cruise and have it on our list to do again as it is so beautiful and different.

Happy you had a wonderful time and look forward to your review! :D

Thank You Eastbay Cruisers, very nice post.

I will be aboard in less than a month. Do you recall some of the other "entertainment team" people's names. I already know Taaaaaayo :) And do you happen to know if they and Corey are staying on for a while? Any crew listed leaving soon that you know of? Repo to LA may mean some change of crew I am thinking.

FYI, The Emerald Princess is a GRAND class ship and sister to the Crown and Ruby. I am not aware of a Princess Signature line?

HI ! :D By "signature line", I mean the little rectangle box at the end of the message here that says, "Sailed", then it shows the ship name. For example, my signature box says, "Sailed", and then Emerald Princess, at the end of each message.

Cruise Director Corey mentioned that he was looking forward to sailing to Hawaii in a few weeks, so it seems that Corey will continue on with the Emerald Princess. Here are some of other entertainment staff members we met:

Caitlyn, from Santa Barbara, Calif. Dark hair, glasses, just joined Princess about 12 weeks ago. She hosts the military veterans get-togethers and conducts the star-gazing talks.

Anna, from Mexico. Dark hair, pigtails. She is very, very, funny and runs the bingo and trivia games.

Hector, the D.J. who plays the dance tunes in the nightclub when the live band takes a break. He also supervises group games like paper airplane toss, and the skateboard game in the center Piazza, decks, 5,6,7. This entire entertainment staff is very high energy, upbeat, very friendly and approachable. :D

Corey has a morning tv show, called "The Wake Show" that is on from 6 A.M. to 10 A.M., when he does interviews and announces all the upcoming events -- I believe it is on Channel 21 or Channel 3.

If you're going to Hawaii then on to the South Pacific, I know you will have a wonderful time ! Please let us know all about it ! Happy Sailing !! :D

Edited by EastBay Cruisers

HI ! :D By "signature line", I mean the little rectangle box at the end of the message here that says, "Sailed", then it shows the ship name. For example, my signature box says, "Sailed", and then Emerald Princess, at the end of each message.

Cruise Director Corey mentioned that he was looking forward to sailing to Hawaii in a few weeks, so it seems that Corey will continue on with the Emerald Princess. Here are some of other entertainment staff members we met:

Caitlyn, from Santa Barbara, Calif. Dark hair, glasses, just joined Princess about 12 weeks ago. She hosts the military veterans get-togethers and conducts the star-gazing talks.

Anna, from Mexico. Dark hair, pigtails. She is very, very, funny and runs the bingo and trivia games.

Hector, the D.J. who plays the dance tunes in the nightclub when the live band takes a break. He also supervises group games like paper airplane toss, and the skateboard game in the center Piazza, decks, 5,6,7. This entire entertainment staff is very high energy, upbeat, very friendly and approachable. :D

Corey has a morning tv show, called "The Wake Show" that is on from 6 A.M. to 10 A.M., when he does interviews and announces all the upcoming events -- I believe it is on Channel 21 or Channel 3.

If you're going to Hawaii then on to the South Pacific, I know you will have a wonderful time ! Please let us know all about it ! Happy Sailing !! :D

Thanks for the quick response. This is so helpful as Princess no longer sends those email we used to get about OUR cruise. I get it now about signature. I have some stuff suppressed to make the website easier to read, so I did not see it.

We just disembarked from an absolutely fabulous cruise to Alaska. As first-time cruisers, we loved, loved, loved it ! We are going to write a review and try to post some photos as soon as we get unpacked and catch up on things at home.

In the meantime, we want to thank all the seasoned cruisers here who so patiently answered our questions and concerns. I know you all have heard the same questions over and over, but your kind, patient replies meant a great deal to us !

Our heartfelt gratitude to the crew members who worked so diligently to provide us with the vacation of a lifetime. Maybe you know some of these crew members and are as impressed as we were.

Big thanks to:

Captain Vincenzo Lubrano

Cruise Director Corey Moir

Asst. Cruise Director Theo ( from Brazil)

Executive Chef Giuseppe Pollara

Maitre D' Rui Pereira

Head Waiters Plamen ( from Bulgaria) and Fernando ( from Portugal)

Our wonderful dinner waiter Arnold Jimeno

Our wonderful room steward Clifford Yaz

Naturalist/ Marine Scientist Rachael Cartwright who provided a most eloquent simulcast presentation from the bridge as we glided into the Tracey Arm Fjord

Iditarod Dog Sled Race winner Libby Riddles who gave a great slide show on the training and preparation for the Iditarod Race- 1000 miles.

Our native Tlingit guide Joe Williams in Ketchikan who provied a dynamic walking tour through town and much cultural information about the various totem poles.

Our tour bus driver/narrator "Pete" in Skagway who really knows his history and literature of the gold rush of 1897-98.

These folks are absolutely outstanding. :D We are so very impressed and cannot wait to go cruising again ! !!!!!:D:D:D

( More info to be added this week ! Just wanted to write the introduction to this post). - EBC

We strongly recommend this cruise, and we thank everyone at Princess for their work in making this such a special experience.

Nice comments on the people. I hope that you filled out a comment sheet on the ship on each of those people so that their supervisors will see them and the employees will be able to be recognized for their efforts. I say that because your comments here, while certainly very nice, will probably not result in any actual recognition by their employer because their supervisors will never see those nice words!:confused:

Tom

Question: Did Corey specifically say he was sailing to Hawaii on Emerald? There are several other Hawaii sailings coming up so I'm wondering if he's on the 28 day Hawaii and South Pacific cruise on Emerald or on one of the others sailing to Hawaii in late September and toward the end of October.

Be sure to mention your waiter and cabin steward by name when you do the online survey. I think it matters a lot more to them to receive glowing remarks than it does to some of the others--not that you shouldn't mention some of them as well.

Wake Show is on channel 21 on Princess ships if any

new cruises want to know.

Be nice if Corey, heard nice things about him. My TA

had Corey as CD but didn't know if just hadn't changed it yet. Was suppose

to leave ship on the 8th.

I miss the e-mails they use to send with information. Now the only ones

we get are to sell us something. They send 4 e-mails to buy mattresses

but not 1 about CD or entertainment. Come on Princess!

Question: Did Corey specifically say he was sailing to Hawaii on Emerald? There are several other Hawaii sailings coming up so I'm wondering if he's on the 28 day Hawaii and South Pacific cruise on Emerald or on one of the others sailing to Hawaii in late September and toward the end of October.

Corey said, "We are sailing to Hawaii in a few weeks, and we are so looking forward to it !" . So, it sounded as if the entire entertainment staff, including Corey, were staying on board the Emerald. ( At least, that is how I understood it.) :) EBC

Edited by EastBay Cruisers

We were on the Emerald Princess. (gorgeous) It's in the signature line, but I'll put it in the main body of the message when I continue the review.

Keith, by the way, you and many others were an excellent help in answering all of our "newbie" questions. Thanks so much. :):)

You are very welcome! Always glad to help a fellow cruiser. :cool:

Be sure to mention your waiter and cabin steward by name when you do the online survey. I think it matters a lot more to them to receive glowing remarks than it does to some of the others--not that you shouldn't mention some of them as well.

Thank you for the reminder ! I filled out the shipboard comment cards for both those 2 crew members and dropped them into the box next to the Guest Services counter on Deck 6. I'm just getting around to the e-mail survey that Princess sent us, and I'll be sure to mention as many crew members by name as possible. They were ALL absolutely superb. What an incredibly talented, hard-working team that is. WOW.

:DCannot put into words how impressed with are with Princess and their outstanding employees.

Very nice shout-out to the crew members who made your first cruise outstanding. We're relative newcomers to Princess too but each cruise we've taken so far has been memorable in so many ways. Thanks for your post, we're looking forward to our cruise on Emerald Princess.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for mentioning and thanking the hard working crew

Glad you had a great cruise.

Thanks about giving us information on who could be on the

Oct. 8th cruise.

Belle, on your cruise, if you have time, drop us a line here and let us know about the staff members ! Have a wonderful cruise -- the weather should be beautiful ! :p