Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

21 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

wow on the same ship for 4 weeks, I would be got bored with repeat show.  Will you see CATS all three weeks?  ha ha.  meow

Oasis shows are well worth repeating 

CAT'S 

Frozen in Time

Aqua 80

I'd see them all twice a week

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

CAT'S 

Frozen in Time

Aqua 80

well I agree but for some reason I thought you were in the "anti Cats" group.

I will look forward to my Oasis in Oct.  I just did NCL Breakaway for a change and it was pretty nice ship and the food was BETTER.  And technology as well, like all shows, dining, excursions could be made sitting on the bed in the stateroom on the TV.  huh  RCI should give this a try.

10 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well I agree but for some reason I thought you were in the "anti Cats" group.

I will look forward to my Oasis in Oct.  I just did NCL Breakaway for a change and it was pretty nice ship and the food was BETTER.  And technology as well, like all shows, dining, excursions could be made sitting on the bed in the stateroom on the TV.  huh  RCI should give this a try.

Me, anti CAT'S 😹😹

We're giving NCL a shot next February on Escape

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Me, anti CAT'S 😹😹

We're giving NCL a shot next February on Escape

oh GREAT ship

You will love the Waterfront area on the new NCL ships.  Really nice.  Atrium has lots of games and music and they Sheehans is a 24 hour restaurant.   and the desserts are BETTER on NCL.  They taste great.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

oh GREAT ship

You will love the Waterfront area on the new NCL ships.  Really nice.  Atrium has lots of games and music and they Sheehans is a 24 hour restaurant.   and the desserts are BETTER on NCL.  They taste great.

We have two studio cabins. They seem very interesting 

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

We have two studio cabins. They seem very interesting 

well one thing is on the Breakaway I had 10511, and EVERY night I heard the shows in the theatre.

The lounge is fine and has an expresso machine and a few snacks.

BUT the best thing on Escape as the Thermal Spa pass.  OMG really wonderful area and worth the price.  Make sure you book it and you will NOT be dissapointed.  Big Thasslo type pool.  wow

below is photo of H2O zone in backPB140091.thumb.JPG.4e0b93dbbb9b1e5645bed2fa72e84ae2.JPG

So keep this in mind, yet I do not remember having this issue on the Escape though.

And you must do Teppanyaki as it is better than Izumi.

Cagneys is hit or miss with the streaks.  No reservations needs for main dining.

There is IMHO a lot less stress with dining on NCL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

wow on the same ship for 4 weeks, I would be got bored with repeat show.  Will you see CATS all three weeks?  ha ha.  meow

I've been on Oasis a few times now, but have never gone to see CATS.  I might do it once, just to say I've done it.  

The ice skating show is something I ALWAYS see, often more than once.  Knowing a bit about skating gives me an increased awareness and respect for the performers and all they accomplish on such a small sheet of ice.

I'm not much for production shows of singing and dancing, so that's not an issue.  

I'm just happiest being on a ship and in the Caribbean. 

On 6/13/2022 at 9:12 AM, RobInMN said:

We are at 94 points.

We have a B2B 12 nights each (24 nights total) on Jewel starting next Monday in a JS, booked during double points.

At 4 points per night, we will hit 140 (142 actually) on the last night of the first leg. Based on what I've read, one would normally expect a letter the morning after hitting the milestone, which for us would be turn-a-round (normally disembark) day.

It will be interesting to see if we actually get that letter or not. If not, we'll just have to visit the LA.

So here's what I got:

At the start of both cruises, we had the card laying on our bed along with the Diamond Benefits letters and the other stuff you'd expect. Not just one cruise, but both of them. And also at the start of the cruise, not on the night that you reached the milestone. At the start of the first cruise, we were still at 94 points. We filled out the card and turned it into the LA both times (12 days apart) 

Guess we'll see if we get 2 or just 1.

7 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Anyone received a Wonder block yet?

It is 11 weeks since we disembarked the Wonder TA and we were told it would arrive in 4-6 weeks.

They may not show up until after they start shipping Odyssey blocks.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, brillohead said:

I've been on Oasis a few times now, but have never gone to see CATS.  I might do it once, just to say I've done it.  

The ice skating show is something I ALWAYS see, often more than once.  Knowing a bit about skating gives me an increased awareness and respect for the performers and all they accomplish on such a small sheet of ice.

I'm not much for production shows of singing and dancing, so that's not an issue.  

I'm just happiest being on a ship and in the Caribbean. 

yes I sometimes am just happy to stare at the water and I do enjoy the ice shows a bit more than some production shows.  I love the comedy clubs too.

I will go see CATS on the Oct Oasis cruise from Bayonne.

On 7/19/2022 at 7:36 PM, John&LaLa said:

CAT'S 

Frozen in Time

Aqua 80

Cats, twice--Boy you love punishment.😄  I believe in one of the early early post about Cats, you love the costumes.

Just a note.  When I sailed on Anthem during the Eater week I mentioned to the LA that I was due a crystal block for the Anthem and if she had any on board.  She told me no, but will enter my info and the block would be mailed in 6 weeks.  It's been some 13 weeks and not a peep.  Called C&A to make sure if she can see the request in my profile.  She looked and looked and finally after 20 minutes on phone, she tells me that she e-mailed the specific department for info and to complete the request.  

We'll see how long it will take before I get it.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Cats, twice--Boy you love punishment.😄  I believe in one of the early early post about Cats, you love the costumes.

What's not to love.😉

FWIW, costumes were the attraction in the beginning. Now I enjoy the music, humor,  songs, dancing, interaction, etc..

If you really watch it a lot you start to notice the background activities of the non principle performers. They aren't just sitting around.