I'm more that P15535 off at Princess!

RetiredNTraveling

Ok, here goes as I'm going to get this off my chest!

We are booked on the upcoming 28 Day Hawaii, America Samoa & Fr. Polynesia cruise! To date we have received one very impersonal non-descript email :rolleyes: telling us absolutely NOTHING from Princess Cruise Lines.

I know that most of the emails that we have received prior to our previous cruises were Mass Mailings, but they at least told us who our Captain was going to be, not to mention who the Cruise Director was. In addition, we received some info dealing with what we could expect in the way of Entertainment on the cruise!

Well we received one lousy email from the office of the cruise director! WOW, it was so full of platonic garbage and signed Cruise Director! We laughed at it.

What is Jan Schwartz doing as President? Well I can tell you NOT MUCH! :confused: We have never been so disappointed with the lack of concern from Princess.

Just Mike, aka RetiredNTraveling :mad:

Wow!! That's a pretty serious vent. I always saw those old emails "from the Captain, MD, CD" etc as just advertising because they wanted you to book tours or buy drink packages or what not. What's the big deal? There was never any real information. I have received emails about itinerary change, etc - things that do matter. My wife received notice of an upsell offer - again an important piece of communication.

I am relatively new to Princess only a couple of cruises under my belt. That being said, Who Cares? Such a vent would indicate to me a real problem. Not what the show theme is or who the backup dancers are. God! get a life.

Although the information that you were hoping to receive means next to nothing to us, I can understand how it can matter to you and how disappointed you are. Perhaps you could contact Princess and ask to have this info sent to you. Enjoy your cruise!

Sounds like you will not be happy with the Princess product and might consider cancelling this cruise and going with another cruise line that sends you more platonic junk than princess does. I am glad not to receive all the useless emails that told me very little about my upcoming cruise. I can get the information from many other sources including Cruise Critic and my TA. Please reconsider your plans so that you will be happy with the outcome.

I am relatively new to Princess only a couple of cruises under my belt. That being said, Who Cares? Such a vent would indicate to me a real problem. Not what the show theme is or who the backup dancers are. God! get a life.

Your post brings to mind a favorite saying of my brother-in-law-------

"If you can't say something nice about someone, then say nothing; or are you too stupid to understand that?"

I find they seem to do these more regularly on sailings that happen every week (like every week, same route in the Caribbean or Mexico). On the one off sailings, they don't seem to do these. Plus - it may not even be decided who the CD or Captain is? Or there could be 2 Captains.... Back in the old days, we never even got these. I would just cool it.

I am in the group that is not real concerned about the ids of the various officers. No CD or Captain, or ... has ever made my cruise fabulous, but none have made it awful either. We have sailed a lot on Princess, so some of the people are repeats for us. It is nice to see a friendly face, but not a major concern

I've got to say I find it hard to get worked up over such things. I'll admit, I liked them at first when they used to send them out. Then I realized half the contents were incomplete and the other half were just wrong. So why bother?

Our last cruise, a Sept. 25 repositioning cruise on the Emerald, promoted stage shows that weren't offered ("Magic to Do") and Oktoberfest activities that were mostly non-existent, but silly at best. I've even seen emails sent out with the wrong cruise director, so what's the point?

Jim

Yeah, except the cruise sails this Sunday.

Then don't show up. That will teach Princess a lesson!

But seriously, the person wants MORE junk mail? I don't get it. Important emails sure. Junk email no. Like an earlier post said, some bigger issues going on.

Wow!! That's a pretty serious vent. I always saw those old emails "from the Captain, MD, CD" etc as just advertising because they wanted you to book tours or buy drink packages or what not. .

and that's exactly what they were.

We also got visa requirements reminders even though we don't need any.

What is platonic garbage?

Garbage with which one is not engaged in a physical relationship?

Personally, I never found the missing emails to be very useful.

Sometimes princess sends them, sometimes they don't

If, as another poster mentioned, the cruise leaves this sunday,

it is to late to cancel. There is no reasonable action one can

take knowing or not knowing the content of the princess emails.

I really did like those pre-cruise emails in the past! I hope Princess will bring them back.

Enjoy the cruise.

Cheers.

We've been getting various emails from Princess regarding our upcoming cruise. From the Captain, about the entertainment, port excursions, and random other things. Also received an upsell offer.