Military On Board Credit

MixerDave

We are booked on a 15 day Hawaiian cruise. I know I get a $250.00 OBC, but my account only shows $50.00. My TA assured me I will get $250, but I would feel better if I saw it in writing.

The cruise is only :D 423 days away, so I have time. Just looking for information without bothering my TA.

The OBC will say military. Go to the cruise personalizer for that cruise and see how it is listed. If it says military and only $50 call Princess direct so they can permanently fix your record. The $50 OBC might be another OBC you get.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You or your TA will have to send Princess a copy of your DD214 (they will return it). Once Princess has 'tagged' you as a veteran, it will automatically be applied to future cruises. This must be done BEFORE the cruise. Once you are at the cruise for boarding it will be too late.

On the Princess website, search for Military Cruise Benefit.

We are booked on a 15 day Hawaiian cruise. I know I get a $250.00 OBC, but my account only shows $50.00. My TA assured me I will get $250, but I would feel better if I saw it in writing.

The cruise is only :D 423 days away, so I have time. Just looking for information without bothering my TA.

Since you're already seeing a $50 Military Benefit in your account you've apparently already applied for the MOBC & it shows $50 to $250 with the amount based on the length of cruise.

As posted go to the Cruise Personalizer for your cruise & select the "Payments & Credits" tab to view your $250 OBC & print a copy.

This Princess thanks to veterans is one of the reasons we enjoy cruising with them.

You or your TA will have to send Princess a copy of your DD214 (they will return it). Once Princess has 'tagged' you as a veteran, it will automatically be applied to future cruises. This must be done BEFORE the cruise. Once you are at the cruise for boarding it will be too late. .

You can just fax it to them. :)

If I go to My Account, Circle Savings tab, I see a credit balance of $50. This always shows up and I don't know what it is - someone told me it is a 'potential' for future savings. However it also shows Military credit $50 - 250 as Active and Future Cruise deposit of $50 applied to a current cruise.

If I go to 'Manage This Cruise', 'Payments & Credits' tab then all OBC shows there, Military, Future Deposit, TA, Princess Promo.

So make sure you are looking in correct place.

Can anybody help with the phantom $50 credit balance ????

Once you are approved for a MOBC it is permanently on your account

as $50 . That is the minimum that you qualify for most any cruise . Once you make a booking it should show the actual amount you qualify for cruise length of your booking , but $50 will always be as a minimum for your next cruise .

as $50 . That is the minimum that you qualify for most any cruise . Once you make a booking it should show the actual amount you qualify for cruise length of your booking , but $50 will always be as a minimum for your next cruise .

Aha - the light goes on, thank you. And, no we do not have any other Future Cruise Credit.

Go to cruise personnalize. You should be able to see all you OBC

It will always be there IF you do your scheduling of your cruise directly through Princess. But, since your veterans OBC is linked to your Captains' Circle number if you schedule your cruise through a travel agent it will not be there unless that agent links your Captains' Circle number to your cruise. If they don't put that number in, you won't have that OBC credited to your account, so make sure that whomever does your scheduling does put that very important number into your reservation.

Tom

The former president of Princess before Jan Swartz, Alan Buckelew was a Vietnam veteran who served as a grunt on the battle field. He is strong on Veteran organizations particularly Vietnam Veteran affairs. He is the person we have to thank for the military OBC.

I found this on another website talking about his duty in Vietnam:

Buckelew served in the Army in Vietnam, 1969-70. He was awarded the Combat Infantryman Badge, the Air Medal, the Vietnam Cross of Gallantry with Palm and two Bronze Stars.

https://www.veteransadvantage.com/va/topvet/alan-buckelew

It will always be there IF you do your scheduling of your cruise directly through Princess. But, since your veterans OBC is linked to your Captains' Circle number if you schedule your cruise through a travel agent it will not be there unless that agent links your Captains' Circle number to your cruise. If they don't put that number in, you won't have that OBC credited to your account, so make sure that whomever does your scheduling does put that very important number into your reservation.

Tom

Watch out for that!! If the TA doesn't use your Captain Circle #, you'll be assigned a new one. That happened to DH, not sure if it was a TA mistake, but he had 2 numbers...very confusing until we got it straightened out.

I have to reapply ever time for the Military OBC. I am not sure why this is necessary. Since I am Platium I know my number is correct.

OP, I would reapply if I were you.

If I were you, I would contact Princess and see what the problem is. You shouldn't have to reapply every time.

Tom

I submitted my husband's DD214 and the request form last week and already have the credit on our account! It's listed under the Payment & Credit section. I'm glad to know that they will save this for any future cruises (and wish we knew about it for the previous ones).