Mini Suite Champagne?

CineGraphic

We’ll be in a mini for the first time and I just read that one of the benefits is welcome glass of champagne.

How is that handled... a coupon, a split in the room, or maybe the steward comes by and pours it from a can, lol.

Anything else special about a mini we should know about???

Sent from my iPhone while I should be working, using Forums

Normally, your room steward will show up with the glasses of champagne. They usually know when you are in your room for the first time. As least this is how is has been for us the last 3 cruises we have taken on Princess.

Mini suite also has a full bath tub and shower, not just a shower. We always go with a mini.

Don't expect 5 star quality.

I’m sure it’s not even legally Champagne, but a sparkling wine instead. That’s OK, we’ll bring a bottle of Taittinger in our carry on. Thanks for the info.

What ship are you sailing? I'm remembering that minis on Royal class ships also have a curtain that can be drawn separating the bed from sitting area.

(Re champagne - we always say yes when offered as it marks the beginning of our cruise, and somehow it tastes better after a few sips. :D )

Enjoy your mini and have a great cruise!

• Like 1

We’ll be in a mini for the first time and I just read that one of the benefits is welcome glass of champagne.

How is that handled... a coupon, a split in the room, or maybe the steward comes by and pours it from a can, lol.

Anything else special about a mini we should know about???

Please don’t make fun of the Champagne. The boys in the boiler room work very hard every Tuesday making it fresh just for you, LOL

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Haha 1

What ship are you sailing? I'm remembering that minis on Royal class ships also have a curtain that can be drawn separating the bed from sitting area.

(Re champagne - we always say yes when offered as it marks the beginning of our cruise, and somehow it tastes better after a few sips. :D )

Enjoy your mini and have a great cruise!

The Crown.... thanks!

• Like 1

Pour the free stuff down the drain:eek:. It makes a great drain cleaner.:)

That's how we feel about Dom Perignon...now known here as "Dom Peritonitis." Shoulda never gone to the wine shop in Paris.

Steve & Pete

• Haha 1

That's how we feel about Dom Perignon...now known here as "Dom Peritonitis." Shoulda never gone to the wine shop in Paris.

Steve & Pete

Fact: Taittinger used to sell its second pressings to Dom, not sure if they still do.

Sometimes it is a glass and sometimes a split; either way, it is Korbel, and while not top drawer, it is very decent and a nice gesture.

I would concur; it's pretty serviceable stuff. I actually paid attention on our last mini-suite cruise, because so many people bad-mouth it here on CC.

I guess I'm just too cheap to buy real champagne, so I don't look down my nose at what's offered. Even if it were the champagne of bottled beers, I'd gladly accept it. My only beef is that they don't offer sparkling cider or whatever for non-drinkers. My wife would appreciate that gesture.

Jim

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 10/14/2017 at 12:45 PM, calvin31 said:

It is truly a nice perk and YES you do get it in a mini suite and YES the steward brings it in glasses to your door. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the information and thank you for being so positive unlike some of the other posters on here...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kimhikes said:

Thank you so much for the information and thank you for being so positive unlike some of the other posters on here...

You do realize you have responded to something posted almost SIX years ago?  A lot can change in six years. 

I thought I had read recently this was gone, but I do see it as part of the Mini-Suite stateroom features.  You can go to Princess.com and see details on stateroom types and features under the ships section of the website.

We have been in a mini suite twice, first time on Regal, two years ago, we had a half bottle of something fizzy. The last time was back in April this year on a 5 day cruise, this time we didn't receive anything of a fizzy nature.

Perhaps they don't offer this on shorter cruises 

13 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Sorry, but you can't call what they bring you "Champagne!"  I know we are wine snobs, but that stuff is undrinkable.   🥂

Champagne can only come from one specific region in France. It should be called Sparkling wine, or in my words undrinkable rubbish

• Like 2
  • Haha 1