New Upsell offer

eagletwo

How long a cruise? What ship? If it was a 10 day or longer, that comes to $20 a day pp to have much better location and best of all TRUE ATD! No waiting, dedicated wait staff. That would soooo much be worth the price to me. It is all in the eye of the beholder and the location of the CC Mini! Grin. We do CC and for our next cruise prices were such that I got a CC mini for just a tad above a deluxe balcony. And we also still do specialty dining. Not having to adhere to too early or too late traditional dining limited choices and the fiasco that regular ATD is (you must call each day and make reservation!?!), that part of CC perks makes it worth it all to me. Yes, it could have been a much better upsell deal, but it probably was less than if booked new, so from the other side, I would have grabbed it. Now if this is a 5 day cruise......... I might have passed too!!!!! Grin

Pooh

I just received an upsell offer for our December 10-day cruise on the Royal: $199 per person to upgrade from a balcony to a regular mini suite. It's only $1 less than booking a mini would have been when we booked, so we're going to pass.

my parents just got an upsell offer from inside to a standard balcony as well. We didn't call them. Princess wanted $99 pp, which is a joke, because we paid $619 pp for inside, and at the moment a balcony room is $649 pp. The obstructed balcony is $594 pp.

This upsell offer is offensive.

my parents just got an upsell offer from inside to a standard balcony as well. We didn't call them. Princess wanted $99 pp, which is a joke, because we paid $619 pp for inside, and at the moment a balcony room is $649 pp. The obstructed balcony is $594 pp.

This upsell offer is offensive.

I think it's more important what the difference in price was when you booked, not what the current price is.

I think it's more important what the difference in price was when you booked, not what the current price is.

we booked a month ago. Prices haven't changed much at all - fluctuating within $40.

So, I think offering an upsell on a balcony for $99 MORE pp when the balcony actually costs less than what we paid for the inside is an insult.

I am not asking for a refund.... Just thinking - wow, trying to sell something for more $$ when it costs less than you already paid for it.

How long a cruise? What ship? If it was a 10 day or longer, that comes to $20 a day pp to have much better location and best of all TRUE ATD! No waiting, dedicated wait staff. That would soooo much be worth the price to me. It is all in the eye of the beholder and the location of the CC Mini! Grin. We do CC and for our next cruise prices were such that I got a CC mini for just a tad above a deluxe balcony. And we also still do specialty dining. Not having to adhere to too early or too late traditional dining limited choices and the fiasco that regular ATD is (you must call each day and make reservation!?!), that part of CC perks makes it worth it all to me. Yes, it could have been a much better upsell deal, but it probably was less than if booked new, so from the other side, I would have grabbed it. Now if this is a 5 day cruise......... I might have passed too!!!!! Grin

Pooh

I wouldn't move from an Emerald deck Minisuite and IMO, they have a better location than CC Minis and they are covered. Some have larger balconies.

I would have turned that down regardless of how many days.

I didn't get an upsell offer, but I saw the price of the mini-suites on my November 26th Regal Princess cruise had dropped considerably. I contacted my TA and he was able to move me from a balcony to a mini for $150 pp. Also got free gratuities worth $203 which I didn't currently have. Less than $100 for balcony to a mini in similar location was a no brainer for me.

I didn't get an upsell offer, but I saw the price of the mini-suites on my November 26th Regal Princess cruise had dropped considerably. I contacted my TA and he was able to move me from a balcony to a mini for $150 pp. Also got free gratuities worth $203 which I didn't currently have. Less than $100 for balcony to a mini in similar location was a no brainer for me.

Similar story - we are on the October 26 Regal sailing. We purchased a balcony and received an upgrade to a deluxe balcony the day after final payment.

Two weeks later we were offered an upgrade to a mini sure for $30 pp. But we dont have the free gratuities.

Enjoy your mini.