Pre cruise hotel Fort Lauderdale

smith6

We are from Canada and looking for 1 night pre cruise :) to stay hotel in Ft Lauderdale within walking distance of restaurants etc. We would prefer a larger hotel with amenities etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Embassy Suites sounds like a good bet. Free cocktails for 2 hrs in evening & nice hot breakfast in morning. Total Wine & Publix supermarket out the back door. Lots of restaurants in short walking distance. Down the street from the water taxi & 5 minutes from port

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are from Canada and looking for 1 night pre cruise :) to stay hotel in Ft Lauderdale within walking distance of restaurants etc. We would prefer a larger hotel with amenities etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We like Marriott Renaissance at the north entrance to the port, close to shopping and restaurants. Hilton and Pier 66 are also nice choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We always stay at Embassy Suites on SE 17th St. Close to the port and close to shopping. Harbour Shops right behind hotel (Total Wine, Publix, etc) and restaurants nearby.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also stay at Embassy Suites. We will be their Thursday night. We are cruising on Reflection 14 nights Nov 3.

We have always stayed in the Embassy Suites too! For all the reasons everyone has listed...Last stay, however, we found we were not using the cocktail hours as they were really busy and noisy and the breakfast on our second day really was a bun fight with big queues and shouting children...There just seemed a much less pleasant clientele than we had usually encountered. One loud extended family totally spoilt the pleasure of the pool area for the full stay.

We priced up for the Spring and found the rates significantly higher than two years ago and have decided to try a self catering option instead (Marriott Beach Place Towers) ....Bigger room with balcony and sea view, lots of nearby options for breakfast and dinner....hope it is OK, always risky trying somewhere new.....

Are there any hotels within walking distance to the port?

Yes, but that largely depends on what you feel is walking distance as well as which terminal your ship sails from.

For example, the Hilton is 1.6 miles from terminal 18, 2.3 miles to terminal 25. Both are walkable IMHO but my DW and I are athletic and don't mind walking (even with luggage).

The port area can be very hectic on days when there are ships in port. Even though walking is doable (we've done it twice) it probably isn't worth it given all the traffic and security not to mention the curbs and rough pavement.

We just stayed at the Renaissance on 17th and will be staying there again in February for our Silhouette cruise. It was so close to the port. Walgreens was across the street and close to restaurants. Loved the hotel too.

Embassy Suites sounds like a good bet. Free cocktails for 2 hrs in evening & nice hot breakfast in morning. Total Wine & Publix supermarket out the back door. Lots of restaurants in short walking distance. Down the street from the water taxi & 5 minutes from port

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same here, we always stay at Embassy Suites, nice clean hotel and their breakfast can't be beat in the morning. Also have a shuttle if your interested. Probably meet some people on your cruise if you stay there.

We are Embassy Suites fans as well. Everything close at hand, including the port. In the morning, they have cooked to order omelettes and other hot breakfast items. Great way to start cruise day!

Embassy Suites gets our vote too. We sometimes leave our car there for the cruise. We've evens self disembarked, rolled our bags to the ES, and had a made-to-order breakfast before we load up and head home. Never disappointed there.

Yes, but that largely depends on what you feel is walking distance as well as which terminal your ship sails from.

For example, the Hilton is 1.6 miles from terminal 18, 2.3 miles to terminal 25. Both are walkable IMHO but my DW and I are athletic and don't mind walking (even with luggage).

The port area can be very hectic on days when there are ships in port. Even though walking is doable (we've done it twice) it probably isn't worth it given all the traffic and security not to mention the curbs and rough pavement.

Thanks for your response! We are going to be travelling with our infant son, so I guess walking with all our extra stuff may prove to be a little hectic

Sent from my iPhone using Forums