nini

I would love to know your favorite Celebrity ship and your

various reasons.

We would like to book another cruise but would like more

seasoned opinions than ours.

We are currently booked for a Med cruise on the Reflection

and very excited.

However, we are now looking to book a Caribbean itinerary

and do not know anything about the offered ships for 2019.

TIA

various reasons.

and very excited.

TIA

Discounting the minor differences within a class there are really only 2 choices M-class (older and smaller) and S-class, by 2019 the Edge will be out too. I prefer the S-class ships. Been on 3, they are great ships. I can't pick a favorite because the experience differs depending on the crew and the onboard entertainment. I've been on the Solstice twice and the Equinox twice. On both of those ships the vibe was different between the two cruises. I did the Equinox in Europe and the Carribean, very different experiences on the same ship. Both great, but the Carribean was more lively, while the Med was more laid back.

I've only been on 2 so far - the Eclipse and the Equinox - but we have Reflection and Silly booked for next year. I didn't care for the modern art on the Equinox and missed the little white dog figurine by Michael's Club on the Eclipse. Would go on any S class ship however.

various reasons.

and very excited.

TIA

I notice you are from Washington, I assume the state and not DC. Take a look at going to Bermuda on the Summit out of NJ, great trip and crew. In Bermuda for three days instead of island hopping everyday. Also, you can add a a couple of days in New York City and there is nothing like leaving NYC, going by the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Ground zero and then under the Verizzano Bridge. Go early June if no kids anytime in the summer with kids.

dkjretired-

Yes- we are from Washington State. And we were able to do an East Coast/ Canada cruise out

of NYC in 2002. You are so right! We loved sailing out of NYC and passing the Statue of Liberty.

However, this was on Princess; for sailaway they played Sinatra's New York, New York. This

is probably our favorite sailaway.

Connie and Silhouette are our favourites. Reflection is our least favourite; it would have to be a special itinerary for us to consider sailing on her again in the peak season - far too crowded (the extra deck of cabins was definitely noticeable) ;).

If you are planning to book in 'suite class,' it has been mentioned in this forum that Michael's and Luminae are nicer on the M-class ships. I can verify that they are very nice on M-class (based on Connie), haven't yet sailed suite class on S-class. But I second the emotion for the Hot Glass Show on Eclipse, Equinox and Solstice -- the absence of that alone would keep me away from Silhouette and Reflection [not to mention all those extra people clogging up Reflection].

Agree with those who have said it is all about the crew and service...Generally we prefer S class to M class. Yet to try Reflection, do have some concerns about how ‘busy’ she will be with extra rooms....we have always found a design strength of the S class is that it it’s varied layout means you can always find quiet spots....

We have been on all the ships except Reflection, will try her in a year. So far our favorite based on the ship has been Silhouette. We've had great staff on all of the ships except one time on one ship where the officers were never in evidence even in Michael's Club.

Funny. The glass show does nothing for my wife and me. On our Equinox cruise last month we never went. We love the Lawn Club Grill on Silhouette. It is our favorite restaurant at sea! We've only been on one M-class cruise, our first cruise on Millie to Hawaii, and we'd love to take another M-class cruise. Frankly, we love the product due to the amazing staff and crew.

Looking forward to reviews of the Edge class before we book. Besides, they still haven't shown us the complete deck plans!

Tough call, but if I have to choose I'll say Silhouette. Both cruises on her were pretty darn near perfect. Love the modern décor of the S-class and service was impeccable. Constellation also holds a very special place in my heart. Maybe not quite as much "wow" factor as the newer, larger ships but I don't think we have ever been treated better than we were on Constellation.

Edited by cruzeluver
more info