Michael's Club?

39august

Michael's Club is named after Michael Chandris, co-founder of Celebrity cruises.

Unfortunately this bit of Celebrity history will be wiped out as the names are changed to "the Retreat" with the upcoming renovations.

We had a number of issues during the cruise which were a result of what I will chalk up to inexperience with the MC concierges on the Reflection TA. Thank goodness for Bogdan who had been promoted to the Suites Manager and sorted everything out.

Who were the concierges? We had Alex Pena back in April and he was outstanding.

We'll be on again in April.

Who were the concierges? We had Alex Pena back in April and he was outstanding.

We'll be on again in April.

Adriana and Manuela.

On last year's TA on Reflection we had Bogdan, he was outstanding too (still is but he's enjoying his well deserved promotion).

Adriana and Manuela.

On last year's TA on Reflection we had Bogdan, he was outstanding too (still is but he's enjoying his well deserved promotion).

Thanks.

I just realized I said "we'll be back on board in April, when in fact, we'll really be back on board in 4 weeks!" :D

Adriana and Manuela.

Will you give a little more detail why Manuela was NOT good? what areas ...Please

I understand we will be getting him in our next cruise

Thanks in advance

Michael’s club when suites only were for Celebrity suites, Royal Suites and the Penthouse suites. I believe it was a cigar bar prior to suites only. Michael’s was then extended to include sky suite and zenith guests.

I find it a great perk. The host in michaels helps suite guests in a variety of ways including priority disembarkation.

Michaels Club started on the Century as a Cigar bar and was continued on the M Class ships as a Cigar Bar. It was retrofitted onto Horizon and Zenith in dry-docks as a Cigar Bar, didn't exist on those ships prior to drydock. It was never a Cigar bar on the S class ships as the smoking policies had changed by then. They were all converted to a beer pub and everyone was welcome. A few years ago they were switched over to being the current status but only for the upper level suites. A couple years ago they opened it up to all suites, Zenith Members.

Will you give a little more detail why Manuela was NOT good? what areas ...Please

I understand we will be getting him in our next cruise

Thanks in advance

First, Manuela is a lady. 😊

Second, I do not believe you will experience any of the problems we encountered thanks to a very nice chat we had with Bogdan. He decided to implement changes in procedures for the MC concierges to prevent the reoccurrence of our problems.

I'm sure you will enjoy your time in MC.

A couple years ago they opened it up to all suites, Zenith Members.

I believe Zenith members were welcome in Michael's Club at inception of Michael's being an exclusive club. :)

I believe Zenith members were welcome in Michael's Club at inception of Michael's being an exclusive club. :)

That is correct. I was in a Suite on Century when MC became a private venue. A few Zenith friends were in the room as well. I became a Zenith shortly after the program started and was able to use MC as it was a listed Zenith benefit. I was on several ships when the transition to the Suite /Zenith venue was taking place. It was phased in ship by ship

That is correct. I was in a Suite on Century when MC became a private venue. A few Zenith friends were in the room as well. I became a Zenith shortly after the program started and was able to use MC as it was a listed Zenith benefit. I was on several ships when the transition to the Suite /Zenith venue was taking place. It was phased in ship by ship

Was the point requirement for zenith always so high? If you sailed in the same cabin with a non zenith member would they allow them in michaels also? They do with Elite members in the Concierge lounge, unless that has changed.

Zenith started out a 3,000 points and has not changed. A non Zenith cruiser sharing your cabin should be welcome in Michael's Club.

Thanks! We are Elite plus about 1,200 points. We typically sail in sky suites, but sometimes not. I would think since their is such a gap between Elite Plus and Zenith, Celebrity would have another level in-between with some additional benefits.

Thanks! We are Elite plus about 1,200 points. We typically sail in sky suites, but sometimes not. I would think since their is such a gap between Elite Plus and Zenith, Celebrity would have another level in-between with some additional benefits.

I, along with many others, would love to see another level in between Elite Plus and Zenith. We will have just over 1400 points after our next cruise and over 1500 by the end of next year. We've been sailing in a RS lately and that makes the benefits of Elite Plus redundant.

Zenith started out a 3,000 points and has not changed. A non Zenith cruiser sharing your cabin should be welcome in Michael's Club.

Anyone sharing your cabin Would be allowed to use MC. There are two wonderful sisters who share a cabin. One is a Zenith, one is not. They both enjoy the MC benefit.

We've been sailing in a RS lately and that makes the benefits of Elite Plus redundant.

Similarly, Zenith members have little to no incentive to book cabin categories under the "Go Big, Go Better, Go Best" pricing scheme... Only meaningful options are Onboard Credit and/or Prepaid Gratuities...

Similarly, Zenith members have little to no incentive to book cabin categories under the "Go Big, Go Better, Go Best" pricing scheme... Only meaningful options are Onboard Credit and/or Prepaid Gratuities...

That is correct. Already get Unlimited Internet and a Premium Beverage Package as a benefit.

Michaels Club started on the Century as a Cigar bar and was continued on the M Class ships as a Cigar Bar. It was retrofitted onto Horizon and Zenith in dry-docks as a Cigar Bar, didn't exist on those ships prior to drydock. It was never a Cigar bar on the S class ships as the smoking policies had changed by then. They were all converted to a beer pub and everyone was welcome. A few years ago they were switched over to being the current status but only for the upper level suites. A couple years ago they opened it up to all suites, Zenith Members.

Don- Thanks for the history and summary!

Hi, we just got off the Summit from a wonderful back to back cruise and had a wonderful experience with our MC consierge,

Question, has anyone requested extra chairs for the balcony? We did from the butler and also MC Consierge, but none were delivered. Perhaps that is an odd request, but friends wanted to join us. Of course we just used the dining room chairs, but they were leather, and did not want to damage them with weather issues.

Sorry for the mistake, when I was giving that little history I was going to write that I thought some higher rollers of the Blue Chip club were allowed into Michaels. I seem to remember reading that and wondering if you knew the answer. Thanks.

Question, has anyone requested extra chairs for the balcony? We did from the butler and also MC Consierge, but none were delivered. Perhaps that is an odd request, but friends wanted to join us. Of course we just used the dining room chairs, but they were leather, and did not want to damage them with weather issues.

We were on Eclipse a few weeks ago in a CS. On arrival we found an extra lounger on the balcony and asked our butler to remove which he did while we were at dinner that evening. As some previous guests had obviously asked for it I am sure that requests for such things as dinning chairs are within the butlers ability.

Sorry for the mistake, when I was giving that little history I was going to write that I thought some higher rollers of the Blue Chip club were allowed into Michaels. I seem to remember reading that and wondering if you knew the answer. Thanks.

I have seen top Blue Chip Members in MC on several cruises.

Hi, we just got off the Summit from a wonderful back to back cruise and had a wonderful experience with our MC consierge,

We requested an extra lounger on Silhouette at the suggestion of the cabin attendant. He, or the Butler, brought one from the pool deck. Perhaps chairs are harder to come by since they would be taking them from a table somewhere.

I, along with many others, would love to see another level in between Elite Plus and Zenith. We will have just over 1400 points after our next cruise and over 1500 by the end of next year. We've been sailing in a RS lately and that makes the benefits of Elite Plus redundant.

Many, many people would like to see this. Not too much incentive to sail long enough to move from Elite+ to Zenith.