Msc seaside cabin photos only!

sidari

This is the picture on the MSC website for Yacht Club Interior Suite.

Here is the Russian video of the Handicap YC Interior Suite:

Does video YC stateroom, look in any way similar, to MSC's official sales guide & website picture?

SE_Yacht-Club-Interior-suite.jpg

HD ... I appreciate what you are saying but it does look like many cabins are not what they appeared to have promised or should I say that they Failed to correct the renderings giving people false hope.

First off, Sid: Thank you for your wonderful photos and usual expertise and guidance on all matters MSC! I used you as a reference before my Divina cruise this past fall!

I re-watched the video (love the Russians almost ransacking the cabin ... is it really necessary to touch everything?!) I am now 100% convinced that it's a Yacht Club inside as there is a Nespresso machine and cups on the counter! They are present only in the Yacht Club.

Totally agree with the false renderings (is that one of the additional Commandments when they expanded to 15?) - Thou Shall Not Post What Thou Cannot Deliver!

I am satisfied with the "standard" Yacht Club Deluxes as we were able to actually view the preconstruction mock-ups at Fincantieri.

I am most shocked by the Suites .... even when they're large, they have ZERO element of luxury or "specialness" aside from the whirlpools. Standard issue Formica bathrooms and large expanses of cabin wall with no art, no special lighting and no use of luxury materials. For most families, I just don't see why you wouldn't just get two standard balcony cabins where you could enjoy more privacy.

I am most shocked by the Suites .... even when they're large, they have ZERO element of luxury or "specialness" aside from the whirlpools. Standard issue Formica bathrooms and large expanses of cabin wall with no art, no special lighting and no use of luxury materials.

I noticed that in the two bedroom suite video, when they go out to the dining room it looked like a work breakroom. BUT I'm reserving judgment because often when ships are introduced they are missing many little touches that haven't arrived yet. I would imagine a bit more dressing up in the suites.

HD ... I appreciate what you are saying but it does look like many cabins are not what they appeared to have promised or should I say that they Failed to correct the renderings giving people false hope.

This is a very fair point. It seems that since the ship has launched and we are getting a look that they have changed a LOT about the cabins from renderings and info, which would explain why they were so reluctant to give us information on them.

Gkb ... On many occasions on another thread along with myself, people have pointed out that the picture you posted is in fact a YC Deluxe cabin taken from the position of the balcony doors.

Take a look at the actual Photo of the YC Deluxe cabin and you will right away see that the rendering is not an Inside cabin.

Very disappointing. We booked our cabin 2 years ago. A lot of anticipation just to see that our Aurea suite on Divina last year was by far larger and so much more luxurious. Sleep, shower, get dressed and out the door to enjoy all the rest the Yacht Club has to offer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gkb ... On many occasions on another thread along with myself, people have pointed out that the picture you posted is in fact a YC Deluxe cabin taken from the position of the balcony doors.

Take a look at the actual Photo of the YC Deluxe cabin and you will right away see that the rendering is not an Inside cabin.

I am calling BS on this and I can prove it: msccruisesusa.com/ends with, Yacht-Club-Interior-suite.jpg

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/SE_Yacht-Club-Interior-suite.jpg

Notice the offical link above: this is pure fraud, plain and simple!

First off, Sid: Thank you for your wonderful photos and usual expertise and guidance on all matters MSC! I used you as a reference before my Divina cruise this past fall!

I re-watched the video (love the Russians almost ransacking the cabin ... is it really necessary to touch everything?!) I am now 100% convinced that it's a Yacht Club inside as there is a Nespresso machine and cups on the counter! They are present only in the Yacht Club.

Totally agree with the false renderings (is that one of the additional Commandments when they expanded to 15?) - Thou Shall Not Post What Thou Cannot Deliver!

I am satisfied with the "standard" Yacht Club Deluxes as we were able to actually view the preconstruction mock-ups at Fincantieri.

I am most shocked by the Suites .... even when they're large, they have ZERO element of luxury or "specialness" aside from the whirlpools. Standard issue Formica bathrooms and large expanses of cabin wall with no art, no special lighting and no use of luxury materials. For most families, I just don't see why you wouldn't just get two standard balcony cabins where you could enjoy more privacy.

While we had a great Divinia trip and have Seaside YC booked and will prefer MSC over NCL. That said, the MSC suites - both in size and decor really need to improve on their ships. So they have basically family suites but they are not YC. Why not have 2BR suites in YC?

I am calling BS on this and I can prove it: msccruisesusa.com/ends with, Yacht-Club-Interior-suite.jpg

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/SE_Yacht-Club-Interior-suite.jpg

Notice the offical link above: this is pure fraud, plain and simple!

Somehow I can't imagine an inside cabin being this shape. I haven't seen the deck plans, so I'm just going on what insides look like on other ships. How would an inside cabin this long and narrow fit in?

Gkb ... Call it what you want but those of us who were able to see and understand what was posted by MSC knew right away that the picture was never ever going to be an Inside cabin! If you did then more fool you for not doing your homework.

The only thing you can prove is that MSC showed a photo that you believed to be an Interior cabin.

It's too bad MSC had the wrong image for the YC inside. Also they (and many other cruise lines) should not call something a suite that doesn't have at least 2 separate rooms.

But, everyone who booked knew this was an inside cabin. It should only be compared to other inside cabins elsewhere on the ship. When you do that you see that your room is larger, has premium bedding and pillows, nicer furnishings, better bathroom with better towels/ bath products. Free minibar. Bigger TV.

As well as the YC amenities everyone gets-

Butler service, dedicated upscale restaurant, Top Sail lounge, dedicated pool and lounge area, priority boarding, etc.

This is what you paid extra for. A better inside cabin in the Yacht Club. I can't imagine anyone not having a great time in this cabin.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Firstly, thank you to everyone who has contributed to this and other threads on the Seaside. I am following very closely as ever since they delayed Ocean Cay, I’ve been extremely torn between keeping my Jan 2019 yacht club booking or changing to completely different land based trip. (Thankful for first world problems)

I must say, I think some parts of the new ship are beautiful. The atrium looks gorgeous, I like the many statues/art pieces, and parts of the yacht club (from the little I’ve seen) look lovely.

However, as someone who spent a lot of time trying to decide between different room types, I must say that what I’ve seen so far ranges from okay to awful. I agree with posters who think that the maroon colour looks instantly dated and some of those ‘suites’ would have me cancelling or downgrading in a heartbeat.

I’m okay with the yacht club deluxe I have booked, but even that has failed to wow me. It’s little touches, such as nicer balcony chairs or plush looking sofas and soft furnishings, that could make a difference, yet seem to have been overlooked in favour of cheap, bulk purchases. As such, I feel more aware of the laminate walls and surfaces, which I know are common on ships, but lack warmth and charm.

I know there is still a lot more info to come out - I’m particularly keen to see more of the yacht club pool area and also the kids club - so will reserve judgement. But until then, thanks again to those who keep up the updates.

It's too bad MSC had the wrong image for the YC inside. Also they (and many other cruise lines) should not call something a suite that doesn't have at least 2 separate rooms.

But, everyone who booked knew this was an inside cabin. It should only be compared to other inside cabins elsewhere on the ship. When you do that you see that your room is larger, has premium bedding and pillows, nicer furnishings, better bathroom with better towels/ bath products. Free minibar. Bigger TV.

As well as the YC amenities everyone gets-

Butler service, dedicated upscale restaurant, Top Sail lounge, dedicated pool and lounge area, priority boarding, etc.

This is what you paid extra for. A better inside cabin in the Yacht Club. I can't imagine anyone not having a great time in this cabin.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Hear hear! The price point for the YC interior, I think, is quite reasonable for all the added amenities.

On another note, and please do disagree if you feel otherwise, but can we mention how awful the wall art in the cabins shown so far is?

On another note, and please do disagree if you feel otherwise, but can we mention how awful the wall art in the cabins shown so far is?

JP, someone has already posted something to the effect that just because you don't like it doesn't make it "awful"! :rolleyes: ;p

Mind you, I totally agree with both you and the other poster who used the word 'awful' to describe the colour schemes of some of the cabins. ;)

While we had a great Divinia trip and have Seaside YC booked and will prefer MSC over NCL. That said, the MSC suites - both in size and decor really need to improve on their ships. So they have basically family suites but they are not YC. Why not have 2BR suites in YC?

Unfortunately, we all ... want it all!

Haven Suites are all as contemporary in design as is possible. Beautiful, elegant and with excellent lighting. There is a size and layout to basically satisfy everyone.

Yacht Club Suites, while nice, are basically deluxe cabins, albeit with nice bedding and soft goods.

What we pay for the Haven versus the Yacht Club is the determining factor ... for what MSC charges, I'm good with what they provide! My upcoming Haven Spa Suite on the Escape is costing the same as what 7 nights would on Seabourn. I'm holding my nose because of the itinerary but my days with them are numbered.

I think that MSC hasn't put large suites into the Yacht Club to minimize the number of children. Having said that, many of their cabins are rated for up to 4 or 5 people so I dunno'.

Again, for such a forward thinking ship, I'm surprised at how the cabins are so pedestrian.

I was looking at the pictures of the Grand Suite at work and a co-worker walked past me, glanced at my screen and said, "meh". Which pretty much sums it up for me too. The public areas look great, but those are the most un-grand grand suites I've ever seen.

We found a great deal in the Haven on Norwegian two years ago and loved the experience. We'd love to go again, but the Haven was way above our price range for spring break 2018. I booked a grand suite on the Seaside instead knowing the overall experience wouldn't be as good but hoping the accommodation would be about equivalent for about 60% of the price. I'm now thinking of jumping to two balconies on NCL instead. I know taste varies, but I think they really dropped the ball on the room decor.