disposable coffee cups

Dalt

While the Cafe al Bacios always have disposable "to go" cups, the availability in the Ocean View cafes seems quite variable across the Celebrity fleet. Sometimes they are readily available all day in the Ocean View, sometimes can only be found during the morning, and occasionally are very hard to find at any time in the Ocean View.

On the Infinity in September you had to ask for the disposable cups, they were not out on the coffee bar. The attendant disappeared and came back with them when asked.

(I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere you should not fill personal mugs/water bottles from the water or coffee dispensers.)

On the Infinity in September you had to ask for the disposable cups, they were not out on the coffee bar. The attendant disappeared and came back with them when asked.

(I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere you should not fill personal mugs/water bottles from the water or coffee dispensers.)

Yes, they have signs to that effect at the various venues.

Pouring from a ship provided cup to a personal mug/bottle would be okay. Just don't pour directly into a personal cup/mug as germs could be spread to the dispensing machines.

We were on Millie last year it appeared that guests were using so many of these cups that after a few days they were removed from Ocean View.

There were also many guests filling hot water from the Urns(dispensers) into small thermos flasks and bottles that they drink directly from not adhering to the posted warnings.

It is an easy way to make a ship full of guests ill.

Edited by koalapanda
gobbledegoop

Why do you need disposable cups? Will OVC not allow you to carry out a regular cup of coffee? I do that all the time on RCI or use a cup to carry out my cheese pieces for later snack. I hate paper coffee cups.

Yes, you can carry out regularly cups, dishes, etc. I just got a small plastic tray to bring with me, so I can carry three cups of coffee back to the room if I happen to get up very early. I think people want paper cups because of the covers and it is easier to walk around?

Pouring from a ship provided cup to a personal mug/bottle would be okay. Just don't pour directly into a personal cup/mug as germs could be spread to the dispensing machines.

"...just don't pour directly into a personal cup/mug as germs could be spread to the dispensing machines" I'd add to that: IF you allowed your cup to touch any part of that machine" Not to be argumentative, but at least with our smallish insulated cups its no more difficult to prevent touching than it is with those cold ship cups.

Dislike carrying uncovered cups around ship, especially in elevators. Too much opportunity to spill hot coffee on myself or others.

On Equinox last month disposable cups were available each morning in the Oceanview. There was also a sign saying disposables always available upon request. Sure enough, asked at lunch time and crew member opened cabinet beneath coffee station and handed me paper cup, sleeve and cover.

If you don't see disposable cups, just ask one of the attendants. I saw them take disposable coffee cups, stirrers and straws from the storage area underneath the service counter. They were putting those items out in smaller than usual amounts last week on Reflection.

We will be on Eclipse and wondering if they still have disposable coffee cups to carry to room. Also how much is a bottle of water?? We sail in few days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was on Solstice, but wife got them no worries just a couple of weeks ago