Any advantages to booking back to back cruises?

buckeyecruisers

We are looking at a couple of different 7 day cruises, out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale and with airfare are considering booking both. We did this a number of years ago and it's nice to stay on board while the boat is emptying that first week. The price of the 2 weeks is comparable to some of Celebrity's 10 and 14 day cruises. Are your chances of upgrades for the second week better when on board or any other perks folks are familiar with?

There is usually a $50 credit against the cruise cost for both cruises on 7 night cruises. We've never seen an upgrade on the 2nd week of a B2B. It's easier if you have the same stateroom for both cruises, although moving rooms is not that difficult.

We booked Silhouette March 2019 first B2B (9+12 Nights) same cabin,

another perk is invitation to Lunch at MDR at 2nd leg boarding day.

Discount on 2nd leg shorex purchased on board.

Also some members mention laundry discount on 2nd leg.

We are looking at a couple of different 7 day cruises, out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale and with airfare are considering booking both. We did this a number of years ago and it's nice to stay on board while the boat is emptying that first week. The price of the 2 weeks is comparable to some of Celebrity's 10 and 14 day cruises. Are your chances of upgrades for the second week better when on board or any other perks folks are familiar with?

On all of our B2B cruises we've always received the $50.00 discount when booking for each leg. We always have the same cabin for both legs. We like the TAD lunch offered. No perks as others have mentioned. The biggest advantage for us is cruising for two weeks.:cool:

If I were you I would be more concerned about keeping the same cabin for both cruises! We did a B2B in August and loved it, but when I booked them I let X know that my booking was contingent upon my NOT having to change cabins . We did have to get off the ship for several hours (no problem when you're in Southampton) and we didn't have access to our cabin till after lunch but we also didn't have to check in or stand on any lines to reboard either.....we met in the theater at 10:00 a.m., had new sea passes issued and were off the ship by 10:30.

We were planning on booking a 14 day cruise while on board. We then seen 2 seven day cruises at the same time. It was cheaper and we also got another $50 reduction for a B2B.

The promo for booking on board was 2 perks. We took the drink pack and $300 per cruise. For the 14 day cruise it would have only been $300 instead of the $600. We also got more SBC from the future booking by booking 2 instead of one.

Then thru the Captain Club we got twice the amount of internet minutes, and laundry and etc because the benefits are per cruise.

We also had the privilege to attend 2, yes 2 muster drills 🤗 , 2 sail aways and the opportunity to take advantage of the heavy discount in a specialty restaurant the first night 2 times instead of one.

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

We're doing a 14 day Eclipse in january, thought it would be fun to sail on Edge next january, we created a 14 day cruise by booking b2b. Got the same "infinite veranda" for both and the $50 discounts. X was smart by alternating Eastern and Western route weeks. :cool::cool:

The only problem with two 7-night cruises booked as a B2B is that the menu will repeat on each segment as opposed to a 14-night cruise which has a different menu. If you can handle that, it's probably offset by a new set of internet minutes, laundry, etc. I love the 14-night cruises. Sadly, not many left.

The only problem with two 7-night cruises booked as a B2B is that the menu will repeat on each segment as opposed to a 14-night cruise which has a different menu. If you can handle that, it's probably offset by a new set of internet minutes, laundry, etc. I love the 14-night cruises. Sadly, not many left.

We don't consider that a problem. We usually see a couple different entrees we like each evening in the MDR. We always select something different on the second leg from what we selected on the first leg.

I will agree that it's too bad that true 14 night cruises are getting few and far between. That's why we started doing B2B cruises.