Getting to Miami from fort Lauderdale airport

Meganb712

Not everyone has a Smartphone, so no uber/Lyft app.

I had the same situation up until my last cruise in October...didn't own a Smartphone...and everyone kept suggesting Uber....But upgraded just before my cruise and the app. for Uber couldn't have been easier to use. Of course I had to have one of my adult children set it up for me...but it was worth it...Now I know why everyone uses it...I'm so tech challenged...but I'm learning. ;)

Years ago I took the TriRail (like a few bucks) to the Miami airport and then the hotel’s free shuttle. Not afraid to say I’m frugal!

Do you remember how long it took on the tri rail..I read somewhere close to 2 hrs and although it's cheap I don't want to waste that much time

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I just did a quick search and on a weekend/holiday the rail runs every hour and it takes about 45 minutes to go between the two airport stops. There were free shuttles running between the stops and airports. By contrast, google maps has driving that distance at 38 minutes at nearly 9 pm on a Thursday night. You could also stop at an earlier stop and taxi to your chosen hotel. I’ve always stayed at La Quinta Inn and Suites by Miami airport which offers free parking when we drove and free shuttle service to port when we drove and flew in. La Quinta is super close to the airport so I’ve also taken the public bus since it was quicker.

On a weekend the fare for the TriRail is currently $5. I was traveling solo, meeting up with family, so it was super affordable and easy for me. It saved me hundreds over flying into Miami.

How many in your party and what time to you get into FLL? If you have time to sightsee, you could rent a car and drop it off at MIA. We rented from Alamo (we cam in tow days early), and they had a free shuttle from MIA to the Port of Miami. We took a shuttle back (MLS I think). This was 2013, so I don't know if they had Uber down there at that time.

What about the train ? Is it a valid options ? For me I really evaluate this option from the Miami port to Fort Lauderdale. I've seen really cheap rates between the two cities.

The transportation from the port to the train station would be done by UBER.

TriRail is the train I was referencing and it ends at Miami and goes north, to Ft Lauderdale and beyond. There is another smaller light rail of some kind in Miami but I didn’t use it and don’t have information on it. TriRail is currently only $5 between the 2 airport stops and had free shuttles between the stations and airports.

Just used MJS shuttle to go from Hilton Marina hotel in Ft Lauderdale to POM, then POM to FLL - very good experience. Each trip was $15pp. The vans were new and clean Mercedes vans. They do pick up others (10 people max, I think) but it only took about 30-45 min. each trip. The driver puts luggage into and out of the van for you.

I'll second the TriRail. Used it last December and it was super easy. Took a bus from the airport to the train station and then another bus from the train station to the Miami airport. Then a hotel shuttle from there. And port shuttle the next morning.

I'll second the TriRail. Used it last December and it was super easy. Took a bus from the airport to the train station and then another bus from the train station to the Miami airport. Then a hotel shuttle from there. And port shuttle the next morning.

How long did it take?

Hopefully someone will have some helpful info for me. In January I will be flying into fort Lauderdale the day before my cruise, which is.out of Miami. Question is, what is the best recommendation on how to get from airport in ft laud to hotel in miami

SAS. Reasonably rates and punctual. www.ridesas.com

SAS (or a similar service) is an affordable way to get from the FLL airport to Miami, but call first to check on availability. Most of the shuttle services don't provide service after a certain time of the day, and that time frame varies from one service to another. Typically, after about 6:00 p.m., transportation services are somewhat limited. A limo service or taxicab from FLL to Miami will be roughly $100.00. Uber or Lyft will be much cheaper, at about a third of the cost. So, depending on what time your flight arrives in FLL, you may not have much choice. If you have a smart phone, I would suggest (as others have) to use Uber or Lyft.

Depends how many people but im traveling with 6 and found Air2cruise to be cheaper than uber xl. I booked for January as well it's $13 pp ($15 for 1-4 people) answered my email right away with a confirmation that a van will be waiting when the plane lands. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums