Yet more on the Classics Drink Package.

RJHNorthyorks

Boarded our Celebrity Cruise Ship yesterday. We have a Classics drink package but were pretty irritated to find that the drinks we were able to have on our last Celebrity Cruise have all been increased in price and are now more expensive than the Classics Drinks package limit. Last night we were repeatedly offered the opportunity to buy the Premium package or pay $1 plus service more for the drinks we really wanted.

In Cafe Al Bacio there are now only 2 coffees with alcohol included in the Classics package plus the drinks have decreased significantly in size. Probably about half the size of drinks last Cruise. Not impressed!!

Maybe Celebrity needs to follow Norwegian's lead and just have one category of drink package. I recently sailed on NCL, won't do it again, but liked the fact that there was no distinction in their drink package. It covered almost everything and there was seldom a drink that required one to pay the difference. As for your current situation, I can imagine it is very frustrating. The only time I ever had the classic package, I used an OBC to immediately upgrade because I didn't want the hassle. All that aside, I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Christina

Our last cruise Nov 2017 I did not have any problems. None of my drinks were over the CDP. I'm fine with getting rid of the 2 less expensive drink packages Standard and Classic . Also raise the price of the PDP to include drinks at the new bar Infusions as the prices are above the PDP.

Boarded our Celebrity Cruise Ship yesterday. We have a Classics drink package but were pretty irritated to find that the drinks we were able to have on our last Celebrity Cruise have all been increased in price and are now more expensive than the Classics Drinks package limit. Last night we were repeatedly offered the opportunity to buy the Premium package or pay $1 plus service more for the drinks we really wanted.

In Cafe Al Bacio there are now only 2 coffees with alcohol included in the Classics package plus the drinks have decreased significantly in size. Probably about half the size of drinks last Cruise. Not impressed!!

Well, that would certainly be frustrating. Looking a little less forward to our next cruise now. [emoji20]

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using Tapatalk

Maybe Celebrity needs to follow Norwegian's lead and just have one category of drink package. I recently sailed on NCL, won't do it again, but liked the fact that there was no distinction in their drink package. It covered almost everything and there was seldom a drink that required one to pay the difference. As for your current situation, I can imagine it is very frustrating. The only time I ever had the classic package, I used an OBC to immediately upgrade because I didn't want the hassle. All that aside, I hope you enjoy our cruise!

Christina

Many people find the Classic package works well for them and would not benefit from the Premium package nor do they want to pay the extra cost.

Did a Royal Cruise in December where they now have one package. We found ourselves either paying a upcharge or drinking marginal wines. We would have gladly paid more for a package with better wines and martinis.

Can you provide a list of the drinks that you previously enjoyed in the classic package that are no longer included?

It would seem the fact that you can now enjoy any drink by only paying the difference would be a significant improvement in value.

I would assume that a bottle of beer will still be a bottle of beer about 330ml right? or are the beers poured by the glass?

it's our first cruise in March / April and we have the classic beverage package each - someone posted the CBP in the forum recently and we were more than happy with the list of beers, spirits and cocktails available on the CBP

Many people find the Classic package works well for them and would not benefit from the Premium package nor do they want to pay the extra cost.

Exactly!. But maybe if everyone had the Premium package the price difference would not be that great.

We find the classic suits us fine. And with just paying the difference on those occasional fancy coffees or special beer/wine is a great plus.

BUT, we generally don't have more than three drinks a day. Maybe if we were heavier hitters, we'd want more variety in beer and wine.

Can you provide a list of the drinks that you previously enjoyed in the classic package that are no longer included?

It would seem the fact that you can now enjoy any drink by only paying the difference would be a significant improvement in value.

Agree.

I would assume that a bottle of beer will still be a bottle of beer about 330ml right? or are the beers poured by the glass?

it's our first cruise in March / April and we have the classic beverage package each - someone posted the CBP in the forum recently and we were more than happy with the list of beers, spirits and cocktails available on the CBP

Beer is by bottle. DH had Sam Adams, but Heineken, Corona and a few others were available on classic.

Beer is by bottle. DH had Sam Adams, but Heineken, Corona and a few others were available on classic.

thanks I drink Heineken and Corona so all good :p

it looks like there is a Prosecco on the classic package so wife will be thrilled too

it looks like there is a Prosecco on the classic package so wife will be thrilled too

There is definitely a Prosecco on the classic package. We have exchanged to bottle of bubbly we received in both Aqua and Concierge Class cabins for a bottle of Prosecco.

Those are two beers I seldom touch. Both of those beers get "skunky" smelling very quickly. Ok when fresh but if they get even a little warm in storage they develop a skunky smell. With all those great beers down there why on earth drink Corona. Have a Tui!;)

Classic package can you get cans of soda ? Or is that now only on premium ? I am not to sure now

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From everything I have read you are suppose to get a glass on the Classic. However some have reported that they were given a can, but wasn't at a particular bar each time. So random, and you are lucky if it happens.

Those are two beers I seldom touch. Both of those beers get "skunky" smelling very quickly. Ok when fresh but if they get even a little warm in storage they develop a skunky smell. With all those great beers down there why on earth drink Corona. Have a Tui!;)

Well apart from Budwieser - those are the only other 2 beers I've heard of... I personally don't like Bud.

I will probably try most of the different beers while on the 12 night cruise.... can you recommend one on the CBP that is like a larger / pilsner / pale ale?

I'd hate to order a beer only to find it is a dark beer or something unusual or horrible tasting like Guiness :D:D

Well apart from Budwieser - those are the only other 2 beers I've heard of... I personally don't like Bud.

I will probably try most of the different beers while on the 12 night cruise.... can you recommend one on the CBP that is like a larger / pilsner / pale ale?

I'd hate to order a beer only to find it is a dark beer or something unusual or horrible tasting like Guiness :D:D

Here's what's listed on the website, hopefully they have some decent Australian beers on the ship for our cruise. I typically drink a red/amber and there's only two on the classic list (Newcastle and Sam Adams). Most of these beers are light bodied beers so just try them and see which you like the best. That's the beauty of the beverage package, you can try it and if you don't like it you order something else.

Alaska Brewing (Alaska Sailings)

Amstel Light

Boddington’s

Bud & Light

Coors Light

Corona & Light

Dos Equis

Franziskaner

Heineken & Light

Kirin & Light

Miller Lite

Moretti

Newcastle Ale

Pabst Blue Ribbon

Red Stripe

Sam Adams

The premium list is far better, and I will be upgrading to premium so I will have a lot more to choose from.

Anchor Steam

Blue Moon

Brooklyn Brown Ale

Delirium Tremens

Dogfish Head 90 min

Estrella Damm (GF)

Fuller’s ESB

Fuller’s London Pride

Goose Island 312

Grolsch

Guinness Stout

Highland Stout

Kingfisher Lager

Kronenburg 1664

La Fin du Monde

Labatt

Lagunitas Pils

Lagunitas Lil Sumpin

Leffe Blonde

Magners Cider

Murphy’s Stout

O’Haura’s Irish Red

Ommegang Abbey Ale

Orion Lager

Paulaner Doppelbock

Peroni

Rogue Dead Guy Ale

Sapporo

Sierra Nevada

Stella Artois

Stone IPA

From everything I have read you are suppose to get a glass on the Classic. However some have reported that they were given a can, but wasn't at a particular bar each time. So random, and you are lucky if it happens.

I've heard mixed accounts as well, however, the website states canned soda is included in the classic package now. I know there have been reports stating that was not the case onboard, but I'm not sure how long canned have been included on the website.

Brian

Here's what's listed on the website, hopefully they have some decent Australian beers on the ship for our cruise. I typically drink a red/amber and there's only two on the classic list (Newcastle and Sam Adams). Most of these beers are light bodied beers so just try them and see which you like the best. That's the beauty of the beverage package, you can try it and if you don't like it you order something else.

Alaska Brewing (Alaska Sailings)

Amstel Light

Boddington’s

Bud & Light

Coors Light

Corona & Light

Dos Equis

Franziskaner

Heineken & Light

Kirin & Light

Miller Lite

Moretti

Newcastle Ale

Pabst Blue Ribbon

Red Stripe

Sam Adams

The premium list is far better, and I will be upgrading to premium so I will have a lot more to choose from.

Anchor Steam

Blue Moon

Brooklyn Brown Ale

Delirium Tremens

Dogfish Head 90 min

Estrella Damm (GF)

Fuller’s ESB

Fuller’s London Pride

Goose Island 312

Grolsch

Guinness Stout

Highland Stout

Kingfisher Lager

Kronenburg 1664

La Fin du Monde

Labatt

Lagunitas Pils

Lagunitas Lil Sumpin

Leffe Blonde

Magners Cider

Murphy’s Stout

O’Haura’s Irish Red

Ommegang Abbey Ale

Orion Lager

Paulaner Doppelbock

Peroni

Rogue Dead Guy Ale

Sapporo

Sierra Nevada

Stella Artois

Stone IPA

That's really useful. We're sailing from Southampton, UK in October. I can't find anywhere the list of beers and spirits on the premium package. Don't suppose you have a list of spirits do you?

Guiness horrible tasting???? It is an acquired taste, once you get used to it you would never drink anything else!

That's really useful. We're sailing from Southampton, UK in October. I can't find anywhere the list of beers and spirits on the premium package. Don't suppose you have a list of spirits do you?

I pulled it from the website.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/premium-classic-and-standard

Click the "learn more" button and it will bring up the whole list.

Guiness horrible tasting???? It is an acquired taste, once you get used to it you would never drink anything else!

I have acquired a taste for it, but I certainly can drink something else, and usually do;) It's a bit easier to drink Guinness if you live somewhere freezing cold (like Scotland):D