When to book

ivanmichelle

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

If this was me I would book now and then follow the prices and if they go down followup with the cruise line to try to get a lower price.

You do not say where you live but if you have to fly and wait till the last minute the price to fly may be high.

Keep in mind that lower price rooms go first so if you wait a long time many of the lower price rooms may have been booked anyway.

Keith

Im not sure if when ur booking in the uk and your price drops whether or not the cruise like will reduce it for you if you ask or give u onboard credit or an upgrade or what ever, im sure here in they uk they dont its just tough basicly. Which is kind of a shame to be honest. Sumtimes i feel like we always get the raw end of the deal lol. Best prices iv seen are either right when the cruise is being realesed or a month or so before it departs . But then by then a lot of the rooms we want ( jr suites or suites ) are away. But sumtimes u can be lucky. Just keep checking. If u see a price really u like book it. And dont be tempted to do it tomorow, cos iv seen prices almost double over night or a few days and been gutted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is it a holiday cruise? If so, book now, prices usually just go higher. If it’s not a holiday cruise, December is a very low season so tends to have the best prices.

Where are you cruising? If it’s out of the US, waiting for a last minute deal is a huge gamble any way you look at it. Are you traveling just for the cruise? If you are traveling for a window of time and can work in a number of cruises you may do better with last minute pricing. If the dates you are traveling are around a specific cruise, it could sell out or prices could go between now and sailing.

I don’t know if UK customers can get price drops so best advice is to book at a price you are happy with. Even if you can get price drops, no one gets them after final payment so can’t take advantage of last minute deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the reply I live in the UK so yes I would need to book flights I see your point about availability.

I have heard that many in the UK often use US-based online travel agents in order to book under US rules - that allow cruises to be repriced, if and when prices drop, without penalty. Suggest you do a little research to see if that might be a good choice for you.