Elite breakfast with non-Elite family members?

swoonx

Hi everyone,

we are Elite members and soon we will cruise with parents who stay in a different cabin and have no loyalty status at all.

Does anyone know if it's possible to take someone with us to the Elite breakfast?

Thanks a lot!

s

No, they can’t go to the Elite breakfast or the social Hr for free drinks. Non-Elite guests who share the cabin with Elite members can but not friends or family members in their own cabins.

There are many venues you can enjoy together that they can go to and you can join them if you wish to eat all breakfasts together or you can enjoy your Elite breakfast then meet up.

Den

I wouldn't give an emphatic "no" to the possibility to be honest. I would speak to the Captain's Club Hostess when you are onboard and explain the situation. It will depend upon how many Elites and above are on your cruise, but if it's quiet (the breakfast was practically empty on my cruise on Constellation each morning I went) there maybe some leeway. It would be a shame if they didn't get a chance to join you. Ask the question in a nice way. They can only say no.

Phil

I wouldn't give an emphatic "no" to the possibility to be honest. I would speak to the Captain's Club Hostess when you are onboard and explain the situation. It will depend upon how many Elites and above are on your cruise, but if it's quiet (the breakfast was practically empty on my cruise on Constellation each morning I went) there maybe some leeway. It would be a shame if they didn't get a chance to join you. Ask the question in a nice way. They can only say no.

Phil

Agree....I also think if you just ask if your parents can try it ‘just once’ you are more likely to get a positive response than if you ask generally if they can join you for breakfast....If the Captains Club host then invites you back again that is a bonus.

I do not think OP should put staff in an awkward position by asking them to bend clear cut rules. Same as asking to admit non suite guests to Michaels or bringing non AQ guests who are rels or friends into Persisn Gardens

If they make exceptions for one party, others will expect the same.

Elite breakfast is a mini buffet reserved for Elite guests. There are places they can have breakfast together as many others in this situation do..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do not think OP should put staff in an awkward position by asking them to bend clear cut rules. Same as asking to admit non suite guests to Michaels or bringing non AQ guests who are rels or friends into Persisn Gardens

If they make exceptions for one party, others will expect the same.

Elite breakfast is a mini buffet reserved for Elite guests. There are places they can have breakfast together as many others in this situation do..

That’s why I said to ask in a nice way. You can do that such that you don’t put the staff in an awkward position at all.

Phil

Hi everyone,

we are Elite members and soon we will cruise with parents who stay in a different cabin and have no loyalty status at all.

Does anyone know if it's possible to take someone with us to the Elite breakfast?

Thanks a lot!

s

Switch you reservations so that one elite person is booked in each room. Then all 4 of you can attend without any problems.

I am curious as to why the "Elite" breakfast is of such importance that you wish your parents to join you rather than vice versa at either the OV or MDR. In my experience the food offerings at the brunch are also available at the OV- smoked salmon, pastries, cheeses and meats. The mimosas, bloody marys and better coffee are a plus since they are complimentary, but if you all have a beverage package that benefit becomes moot.

Perhaps a one-time exception could be made, but be prepared to hear a "no".

I am curious as to why the "Elite" breakfast is of such importance that you wish your parents to join you rather than vice versa at either the OV or MDR. In my experience the food offerings at the brunch are also available at the OV- smoked salmon, pastries, cheeses and meats. The mimosas, bloody marys and better coffee are a plus since they are complimentary, but if you all have a beverage package that benefit becomes moot.

Perhaps a one-time exception could be made, but be prepared to hear a "no".

Thinking the same.

We couldn’t wait to get to Elite status and see what was behind the green door. First morning we were eligible we went there for breakfast. Was not impressed at all and even though I had a bev pack at the time I ordered a Boody Mary. It was pour from a pitcher full of Bloody Mary and very diluted from the ice that melted. Wasn’t worth drinking so I left it. It is just a continental breakfast and nothing more. We very rarely go to it anymore.

On our last cruise that was a combined 21 days of B2B we stopped in around or 16th day on board just to see who the CC host was because up to that point we never seen who it was mainly because we don’t attend many of the meet and greet events or parties anymore. We walked in and no one asked to see our card. We walked around the dining room and noticed a few servers and someone that appeared to be the host occupied with some guests, the room was basically empty. As we were walking pass the little buffet table to leave a group was hovering over it picking stuff out of the display with their fingers and more or less sampling everything. Sad thing is that Elite must make many think that they are and etiquette or common sense no longer applies to them.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

As we were walking pass the little buffet table to leave a group was hovering over it picking stuff out of the display with their fingers and more or less sampling everything. Sad thing is that Elite must make many think that they are and etiquette or common sense no longer applies to them.

Guessing that your experience with etiquette/common sense lapses may have occurred some time ago...

Though there are still occasional reports to the contrary [not in my personal experience], Celebrity changed the format of the Elite Continental Breakfast from a buffet to plated menu/waiter service several years ago [roughly coincident with elimination of the Grand Buffet--ostensibly for CDC compliance reasons (it was another line that had been cited)--that had been staged once per cruise in the Main Dining Room]...

We don’t find anything great about elite breakfast, we find it lacking in choice. We’ve had friends say the same so there’s possibly a few elites never go so maybe there’s a bit more room to ask.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree. We prefer the MDR menu and service.

Guessing that your experience with etiquette/common sense lapses may have occurred some time ago...

Though there are still occasional reports to the contrary [not in my personal experience], Celebrity changed the format of the Elite Continental Breakfast from a buffet to plated menu/waiter service several years ago [roughly coincident with elimination of the Grand Buffet--ostensibly for CDC compliance reasons (it was another line that had been cited)--that had been staged once per cruise in the Main Dining Room]...

Oct 2017 on Equinox.

We have been on some cruises with the small plates and others with the buffet table, all have been in the Caribbean. It depends mostly on how many elites are on board, have also heard the health inspector, port it left from, carpet, to eliminate waste and etc.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Agree. We prefer the MDR menu and service.

Part of the reason I used the Elite breakfast so much on Constellation at Christmas. I really prefer a cooked breakfast too, but the buffet was mobbed and the food and particularly service in the MDR on two occasions was dire. I really wish there was a way of at least putting and omelette station in the EB. That would be a real bonus. The smoothies there were great though as was the service. The CC Hostess on the trip was really nice too, so it was good to catch up.

Phil

I am Zenith and have access to Michael's Club. My friends who are Elite+ do not have access unless in a Suite. I usually ask the MCC if I can bring them in one time and the answer is usually "yes". One time I was told that I could bring them back. On that cruise MC was hardly used. If they say "no" I respond with a "thank you" and don't bring up the topic again. Ask the Host/Hostess and see what they say. Enjoy your cruise.

We have only had the plated version once...not very good!

Have had the buffet twice in a row Infinity...it was lovely and fit into our schedule for a day or two. It is less crowded than other venues but can't compare to BLU...

Elites get few perks these days...so let's not dilute it,

That’s why I said to ask in a nice way. You can do that such that you don’t put the staff in an awkward position at all.

Phil

I think even asking in a nice way puts them in an awkward position. They may do it because they possibly don't want to disappoint a passenger or, IMHO, they are afraid of getting a bad report because they say no. Just go where a non-Elite person can go and don't ask for favores which puts the employee in a awkward position.
  • Like 1

I think even asking in a nice way puts them in an awkward position. They may do it because they possibly don't want to disappoint a passenger or, IMHO, they are afraid of getting a bad report because they say no. Just go where a non-Elite person can go and don't ask for favores which puts the employee in a awkward position.

I believe you are over-thinking it. I also believe that some of the "no" replies here are more to do with someone getting something they aren’t entiltled to. How dare they! Me? I’m really not concerned and would be happy that the OP could have their parents attend Elite breakfast and be all together if they want to.

Phil

I believe you are over-thinking it. I also believe that some of the "no" replies here are more to do with someone getting something they aren’t entiltled to. How dare they! Me? I’m really not concerned and would be happy that the OP could have their parents attend Elite breakfast and be all together if they want to.

Phil

Agree!

Phil

No, not over thinking it. The rules say it is for Elite passengers, thus anyone who asks to bring non-Elites guests are asking for something they are not entitled to. I guess in some folks' way of thinking, every Elite passenger should be able to bring guests or is it just for the entitled.

No, not over thinking it. The rules say it is for Elite passengers, thus anyone who asks to bring non-Elites guests are asking for something they are not entitled to. I guess in some folks' way of thinking, every Elite passenger should be able to bring guests or is it just for the entitled.

Ya, I know the rules. I’m just thinkIng of it in a practical way. You’d be surprised. Some of the ship staff do too and not because they might get a bad report if they don’t do as they are asked!

Phil

Ya, I know the rules. I’m just thinkIng of it in a practical way. You’d be surprised. Some of the ship staff do too and not because they might get a bad report if they don’t do as they are asked!

Phil

That is my point, there are rules and what makes someone think they are so special to break them, I'd personally be embarrassed to ask if I could break a rule, but I'm sure the staff has heard it all "I X tier", "I spend this much with Celebrity", etc., thus I should get whatever I want. Maybe we should all evaluate the rules and pick the ones we want to break.... just saying.