Are You Amped About Sky Princess 2019?

need2cruisesoon

I do find it interesting (and I am going to pat myself on the back here) that some of the odd design choices that I despised when I first saw Royal's deck plan have been banished to the scrap heap. I complained (perhaps too loudly) about the silly Sky Walk areas, the use of pool space for a fountain show, and the lack of an aft pool. Seems like somebody figured out that those were curious choices, to say the least.

I have read that the Sky Walk will be removed, but the deck plans still show the glass steps without the bars. I hope Sky Walk is no more, so that there will be privacy in the mini suites.

Also I'm wondering how we would access the Retreat pool from the Sun Deck, where we normally sit during sea days? Would you have to walk through a hallway of cabins to get to the pool? Doesn't seem to be any outdoor access to that pool.

A close look at the deck plans shows an outside entrance to the retreat pool area on either side of the bandstand. However, you are now inside and then walk past 4 cabins (and elevators and stairs) to get to doors to the retreat pool.

This is much like the Grand class ships which, from the forward elevators/stairs, requires a short walk past cabins to get outside to the pools.

I have read that the Sky Walk will be removed, but the deck plans still show the glass steps without the bars. I hope Sky Walk is no more, so that there will be privacy in the mini suites.

Looking at the deck plans for the Sky the bump outs are still there but the glass floor is now decking.

A close look at the deck plans shows an outside entrance to the retreat pool area on either side of the bandstand. However, you are now inside and then walk past 4 cabins (and elevators and stairs) to get to doors to the retreat pool.

This is much like the Grand class ships which, from the forward elevators/stairs, requires a short walk past cabins to get outside to the pools.

Access to the retreat pool isn't the best and it appears that there will be not seating or limited seating around the pool. It looks like you would have better access from the sky deck along with all the deck chairs being up there.

Again, at the Retreat Pool, when you pull up the booking engine, the three cabins on each side S310/311 - S314/315 are not there. Not available for booking. These are at the forward section of the Retreat Pool, and just in front of the Bandstand.

I am thinking that Princess realizes that they need some kind outdoor sea-view access... As well as the fact, who would want a cabin right next to a bandstand??? Seriously... This would be a compromise... But, they really need to rethink having ANY of those cabins surrounding the Retreat Pool. Just a majorly horrible misguided idea.

I don't understand what you are saying. Why would you want to enter the retreat pool from the very front of the ship unless you were in the rooms located there. You can enter the retreat pool on deck 17 (Sun) from either the right or left hallways where cabins S201 - S231 are. These cabins flank the Retreat pool and have a closed door and hallway between them and the pool area.

It looks like maybe you could enter the Retreat Pool from the Elevator/Stairs, simply by walking forward, past the ladies and gentlemen's rooms, also from the deck area both port and starboard, just more midship, by going thru a doorway, which would probably be left open most of the time, or thru the two side doorways right at cabins S216 on the port, and S217 on the starboard.

The area just forward of those two doorways, where the three cabins would be on each side, is showing as BLANK on the booking engine.

IMHO, they should eliminate those three 'blank' cabins on each side, as well as five more, all the way back to S226/S227.

I guess they covet the fares they might get on those 10 cabins?????

Lol I know what you mean. It seems like we really should try to make friends with our roll call and invite them up. Are you on the Dec 14 2019 eastern Caribbean?

Ooh I am! We are booked B2B for the cruise after it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been doing some research and have found that they are reclassifying a few of the Club Class Mini suites on the Royal lass ships.

M105/106 and L 105/106 are being downgraded from Club Class to Regular

Majestic - June 13 2018

Regal - September 22, 2018

Royal - September 25, 2018

Sky - Will debut as Regular

I hope I don't have to eat steak at those Wheelhousesque table and chairs. :o:o:o

Ha- Ha! :D

Did anyone else notice the mention of "Live piano performance" in the Crown Grill Bar?

As much as I love Crooners, I certainly hope this isn't the new location.

December 4th Inaugural Getaway now shows as SOLD OUT. TA's and media types?

We’re on the Sky when the ship arrives at Ft Lauderdale on 11/1 after the inaugural TA. We did the same thing on the Royal in 2013 & as I recall they had a short cruise for VIPs, TAs & media.

My guess is the 12/4 cruise could be the same thing and between 12/1 & 12/4 they might provide tours for TAs to promote the ship. :confused:

We’re on the 28-day Med/TA and some categories are soldout. There may be more availability after unused group reservations are returned to inventory closer to sailing.

We are and already have her booked for her inaugural sailings (many cabin categories are already sold out more then a year and a half out)....we sailed on the inaugurals of the other royal class ships too (Royal, Regal, Majestic and now the Sky.)!! Princess will be adding another Royal class ship in 2020 too. We love them and find them to be the best of the ships of Princess.....Super Excited!! :D:D:D

Hi we are booked too!

I hope I don't have to eat steak at those Wheelhousesque table and chairs. :o:o:o

The picture shows the new Crown Grill Bar, which replaces the Wheelhouse Bar on this ship. It is a much more open concept then what is in place on the Regal. Bring on another piano any place on the ship. Looks like it might be a nice venue.

Jim

Edited by jeanandjim
spelling

Ha- Ha! :D

Did anyone else notice the mention of "Live piano performance" in the Crown Grill Bar?

As much as I love Crooners, I certainly hope this isn't the new location.

Hi everyone,

I found this on an online brochure for a travel company. I hope this clears things up for some.

[ATTACH]427913[/ATTACH]

I wonder if Princess will rename it "The Crown Grill/Crooner's Bar". :eek: