Are You Amped About Sky Princess 2019?

need2cruisesoon

We were 'stokked' when we booked the cruise - the little 3 day inaugural out of PE/FLL  - now, not so much..

having 2nd thoughts about the cruise being "sold out" - maybe for TA's , etc., and us, as just being 'regular'

cruisers being possibly treated differently

deposit paid ... still a ways before final ...we'll see ...

It’s going to be difficult to wait till March of next year. The interior designs seem to be much more polished than earlier ships of the line....I love it!

Now just waiting for the Caribbean schedule for the Enchanted Princess in Feb 2021.....I plan to book the same cabin on Enchanted as I booked on the Sky......over looking the bow!,,,,,,,,  yowza baby !

• Like 1

We are on the Sky b2b from Nov 10 to Dec 1.  Not crazy about no Crooner's and the lack of nice passenger spaces but we liked the itinerary.  Not likely to book this ship often.  On a better note, we just got off the Coral 10 days ago after a 15 day Panama.  What an excellent little ship with many, many great enjoyable spaces to relax, enjoy a drink, read, play cards - you name it.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2018 at 3:45 PM, dmwnc1959 said:

Getting rid of Crooners on the newer Royal-class was a huge mistake. If you’re going to get rid of something, get rid of Princess Live! and replace it with a real lounge. If you need yet another restaurant move The Shops of Princess and put one there, and locate the shops into the area occupied by the Art Gallery. That space is wasted anyways.

Well said!!

2 hours ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

We are on the Sky b2b from Nov 10 to Dec 1.  Not crazy about no Crooner's and the lack of nice passenger spaces but we liked the itinerary.  Not likely to book this ship often.  On a better note, we just got off the Coral 10 days ago after a 15 day Panama.  What an excellent little ship with many, many great enjoyable spaces to relax, enjoy a drink, read, play cards - you name it.

Nice to hear a good report on Coral.  We'll be sailing on her in May. 

7 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

Don’t shoot the messenger but has anyone noticed the two alfresco dining areas on the promenade deck outside La Mer and Alfredo’s? Interesting. 

Really looking forward to experiencing Royal Class v2.

No I hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out, nice.

We are VERY MUCH LOOKING FORWARD.  I repeat very much looking forward to sailing on the Sky Dec 2019.  Adored Regal and Royal.  Love that Alfredo's is an actual restaurant and free in piazza.  Love the large International Cafe and the larger expanded piazza.  Love everything about this class of ship.  Standard balconies are a tad tighter, but a balcony is a balcony.  Good for some air.   Love the room service and that it is free unlike Royal Caribbean.   Yes, very excited to board her and we will have the unlimited beverage package to boot (it was part of the promotion when we booked) and I am even more excited now that I see that my price per person for my balcony cabin is now $600 per person more than when I booked it.!!! So yes, we are amped up to sail her and we will be amped up again to sail Enchanted!!!.    Of course, I am happy that we are Elite and that I get my little coffee cards in exchange for my mini bar and having just got off the Ruby, we were also able to use the coffee cards for the Gelato and my old coffee cards with expiry dates (yes, expiry dates of Dec 31, 2018) yup, that is right Dec 31, 2018 for frozen drinks and the like when we ran out of the 15 free on each of the coffee cards that we were given as the Elite trade in booze perk.   

• 2 months later...

Does anyone on this board know when the November 2020 itineraries will be released?  We are booked on the last 5-day to Nova Scotia, NY to NY, and want to presume Sky will head South on November 5th.  We would like to be on this re-positioning.  Thanks in advance for any info that might be posted.

Scanditaly

Guessing Princess listens....The Enchanted Princess will have Crooners. But in the meantime Sky will be wonderful next month. Curious as to whether a late March sailing will experience a spring break crowd. Do spring break groups choose Princess?

• Like 1

This is the first ship to be built with ocean medallion from start to finish. So that will be nice to have all the tech stuff working from day one.  I understand many don't like the new tech medallion program. All new cars have them; houses are using the tech features; like smart cameras, lighting, heating, etc;  I look forward to this new ship

Edited by AF-1
added txt

• 3 months later...

Found this sneak preview of some of Sky’s staterooms on Instagram. I realize taste/style/decor is subjective, but to me, looks like a nice and more modern interpretation of Princess’ long-standing design.

• Like 1

Saw the cabin photos above on Facebook this morning. Loving the more modern colour palette. Looking forward to seeing what other changes have been made particularly the various pool areas once we board in 69 days. 😀

brisalta, so you won't book a cruise on a ship that doesn't have a full walk around promenade?  Is that what your saying?  Is there no where to walk outside on this ship?  I don't get it

• Like 1

A new production show, "Rock Opera", will debut on Sky Princess from December 2019. Here's the details from the press release:

Created exclusively for Princess Cruises, Rock Opera will feature avant-garde inspired costumes, a musical soundtrack spanning classic rock, musical theatre and opera, as well as songs performed in a variety of languages – English, Spanish and Latin, and sign language.

The show will open on the 3,660-guest Sky Princess in December 2019, as it sails the Caribbean and will feature special guest Tenor Brian Justin Crum (America’s Got Talent: The Champions) for the ships inaugural season. The vessel will then head to Northern Europe and sail roundtrip from Copenhagen on a number of Russia and Scandinavia voyages between April and August.

“Rock Opera takes our guests on a musical journey, featuring our eight-piece live orchestra playing iconic rock songs. Our production and costume design team were inspired by one of New York City’s most glamorous evenings of the year, the Met Gala.” said Denise Saviss, Princess Cruises’ vice president of entertainment experience.

“Sky Princess and Enchanted Princess guests should anticipate an unforgettable evening of music that transcends language and celebrates the diversity of our crew and guests from around the world. Rock Opera features songs in English, Spanish, Latin and a Princess first – sign language.”

The show premieres aboard Sky Princess, followed by Enchanted Princess in June 2020 for its inaugural season in the Mediterranean.

Rock Opera’s creative team includes:

• Director and choreographer Danny Teeson, who has choreographed for a number of celebrities including Robbie Williams and Tom Jones and also created, as well as choreographed Princess Cruises’ award-winning show – Fantastic Journey.
  • Musical arranger Nelson Kole, who has worked with Frank Sinatra, Dionne Warwick and Beyoncé.
  • Emmy Award-winning scenic designer John Lacovelli and celebrity costume designer Jackson Lowell, who has designed costumes for the likes of Elton John, Jennifer Aniston and Cate Blanchett.

Sandra

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1