Cruise ship brawl leaves passenger with horror facial injuries - and stuck in Vanuatu

That is crazy! Now I don’t fault Royal for kicking anyone involved off the ship. I know there is 2 sides of the story. But I’m more instested in how long did Royal take to provide even simple first aid? And why did it take him hours to finally get to his brother with his other meds? Also wonder what Royal found when security looked into the first incident these two had with each other.

That is crazy! Now I don’t fault Royal for kicking anyone involved off the ship. I know there is 2 sides of the story. But I’m more instested in how long did Royal take to provide even simple first aid? And why did it take him hours to finally get to his brother with his other meds? Also wonder what Royal found when security looked into the first incident these two had with each other.

Considering the fairly obvious, um... Stretching of facts by the brother, I'm not going to believe the first aid story until there's verification from a neutral source.

Wow. I’m sure this happens in all waters but Australia has had a string of events the last few weeks.

The article does mention the Carnival incident. Among the many things in that article, I can't help but notice they posted a barely related picture of the guy's young niece. That probably wouldn't happen in our press. Clearly though the "victim" is contacting a lot of press and supply his cruise photos, which is a whole other issue possibly. Ok, enough of the trivial take away from the story.

So really royal refused to administer medical treatment to the brother?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Totally guessing, but I'll bet bartenders aren't allowed to give ice for medical purposes.

Does this anything to do with the drink packages and supposedly free drinks? Just askin

I'm sure you won't hear either way, just like you never hear when the vast, vast, vast majority of drink package holders create no issues whatsoever.

Just what we need, more news stories to scare the public into not wanting to cruise because of two fights out of hundreds of thousands of people.

But yea, it's not just a "Carnival thing".

On that note, these help lower prices! I've not so shamelessly taken advantage of price drops created by bad news. My upcoming Jewel cruise is the cheapest 7 day balcony cruise I have ever done. Costa Concordia got me a room upgrade and Carnival Triumph breaking down got me a low cost upgrade.

Edited by BillOh

Does this anything to do with the drink packages and supposedly free drinks? Just askin

Not really free even if the drink package is included in the cruise fare paid.

It's just people striving to get their money's worth out of the paid for drink package.

I'm sure you won't hear either way, just like you never hear when the vast, vast, vast majority of drink package holders create no issues whatsoever.

Good point, I don't like the drink packages for several reasons, so I just don't buy them and like you implied, why punish the many for the actions of the few. The most obnoxious drunk I ever seen was well before the packages were sold. He showed up loud and totally out of control for muster on my 2007 Majesty cruise.