Math Question for Men (or women?)

zlato

If a person is booked on a 30 day cruise with 3 pre and 3 post trips AND if a person shaves two times a day ---

how many 7 ounce facial shaving cans :confused: should I pack for the entire trip? (Please do not suggest an electric razor!)

If a person is booked on a 30 day cruise with 3 pre and 3 post trips AND if a person shaves two times a day ---

how many 7 ounce facial shaving cans :confused: should I pack for the entire trip? (Please do not suggest an electric razor!)

1, because if you run out you can always but more.

Is that 3 days pre and post, or 3 trips? If the latter, it depends on the length of the trips.

I shave twice a day and a can of Edge easily lasts a month and a half.

Where are you sailing from?

If it's from a port that sells shaving cream, don't pack it.

Buy it in your precruise port ;). It can cause issues in luggage no matter how well you protect it.

One can did DH for 42 days along with a toiletry size that went in the ziploc bag. I just pack the trial size and we buy when we get there. ;)

Sounds like a trick question. How long does it take you to use up a 7 ounce can at home? It's no different than on a ship. Longer than 36 days = one can. If you use up a can faster than 36 days = two cans. What do I win?

Or you could bring a shave bar instead, and not worry about disposing of the can(s). As another poster mentioned, you can always use the hair conditioner provided by the ship - it results in a nice shave and leaves your skin smooth and soft.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Sounds like a trick question. How long does it take you to use up a 7 ounce can at home? It's no different than on a ship. Longer than 36 days = one can. If you use up a can faster than 36 days = two cans. What do I win?

My thoughts exactly. Time it out at home and see how long it lasts!!!

Why not grow a beard and save the expense of shaving ?

Or you could bring a shave bar instead, and not worry about disposing of the can(s). As another poster mentioned, you can always use the hair conditioner provided by the ship - it results in a nice shave and leaves your skin smooth and soft.

I do use hair conditioner in a pinch if I have run out of shaving cream but I do not consider it as good as my usual shaving cream. I will also not change to a bar or powder or whatever on a trip - I'd rather pack more of my favorite product.

Try the CREMO in the tube. My fiancé uses and it seems to last forever. Way longer then cans of shave creme.

I have tried that and it's OK (better than hair conditioner), but I still prefer my Edge (or similar foams).

As for how much the OP would need? The next time you start a new container, mark it with the date and see how many days it lasts. (Only works if you are not sailing soon!)

I shave both head and face, so my rate of use would not be helpful to the OP.

Edited by Boytjie