Sailing in Sky Suite; Friends Staying in CS; Will We Be Treated Differently?

Corgi Girl

We will be sailing on Silhouette next year. I've been reading that Celebrity is treating their upper class suite passengers with a bit more "distinction". What are the differences between Celebrity Suite and Sky Suite in terms of service? Will we be able to board the ship at the same time? TIA.

As mentioned, from a service perspective I doubt you would see any differences. There are benefit improvements for those passengers staying in a Royal suite or Penthouse suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have stayed recently in Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites. Nobody on board will know or notice the type of suite you sail. The silver Sea Pass Cards are used for all Sky and Celebrity suites. The perks are identical and you are treated the same in Michael's Club and Luminae. The only small difference that I experienced is that when we sailed a CS we were offered a bridge tour. But that might be because we are also CC Elite. Or just a coincidence. Nothing to be concerned about. The Royal and Penthouse suites get drinks in their cabins and specialty dining included but at a much higher cost of course.

No difference at all. The only time we saw a difference was in the PH. That was kind of creepy, actually. All around the ship they seemed to "know" us. I suspect they got our ship photos so we would be recognized.

We just got a bridge tour on the Silhouette. We were only sky suite. It was fabulous! We did inquire about receiving one from the MC concierge and were told possibly. The invitation came to our door a day or two later.

We actually received better treatment in a sky suite than we did in a RS.

We were on Silhouette in a S2 and they treated us wonderfully. The RS was on Summit, We found the staff in Luminae and Michael's Club was much nicer than they were on Summit.

No difference at all. The only time we saw a difference was in the PH. That was kind of creepy, actually. All around the ship they seemed to "know" us. I suspect they got our ship photos so we would be recognized.

It is a bit creepy. They must have pictures. I had gone to guest relations to get some stationery. Couple of people in front of me in line, no big deal. Some junior officer came rushing out and grabbed me and wanted to know how she could help me. I would rather have just waited in line peacefully for my turn.

CS and above have silver folders and SS has blue. If you arrive before general boarding then the silver folder people will board first and may have a different waiting area. That's the way it was done on Eclipse in January.

It is a bit creepy. They must have pictures. I had gone to guest relations to get some stationery. Couple of people in front of me in line, no big deal. Some junior officer came rushing out and grabbed me and wanted to know how she could help me. I would rather have just waited in line peacefully for my turn.

Some people love that stuff. I hate it. And yes, they do have pictures from when you check in and marked as VIP. If there was any depth to the fawning it would mean something, but there isn’t. If it’s someone that genuinely knows me and I know them then that’s very different.

Phil

I travel mainly with my best friend (we're both males, and we're just friends). Let's pretend his last name is Smith. At a high-end hotel in Vienna for which he made the reservation and my name was not given at check-in, the front desk clerks would perk up whenever we walked into the lobby and say "Greetings, Mr. Smith!" to him followed by a more hesitant "and Mr. Smith" to me. I desperately wanted to say "that's MRS. Smith, thank you!" We still laugh about that to this day.

They post pictures of passengers in top suites, Zeniths ad designitated VIPs on boards in the crew quarters. MCC receives pictures of all those who are entiled to use MC.

I didn't know this...but it makes sense.....

I didn't know this...but it makes sense.....

The first time I became aware of this was when my DW and I had just boarded and staff addressed us by name as we passed them. I turned to my DW and asked her if she recognized those who greeted us by name. She didn't believe that we ever met any of them. I asked the Michael's Club Concierge about how the staff knew our names and she showed us the picture that was posted.

They post pictures of passengers in top suites, Zeniths ad designitated VIPs on boards in the crew quarters. MCC receives pictures of all those who are entiled to use MC.

I wonder if they do this on cruises where there are 100 or more Zenith passengers? There would be a lot of photos. If they use the one taken when you board, the photos would be frightening!

You don't have to be in a suite or Aqua or Concierge to be invited on a bridge tour. There are several ways ...one of the people on our February Roll Call requested that CC members who had "registered" with her be given a bridge tour ... we know a few people who just asked at Guest Services or even asked a randomly-met officer around the ship!

I also doubt that the OP and their friends will find that those in a CS are treated differently than those in a SS. And we have received phone calls from a shoreside concierge when in a SS, but I suspect the shoreside concierges were having a slow day.

I have suspected as much but have never specifically asked. Thanks for the confirmation.

We have done a Sky Suite in Solstice and three Royal Suites on Summit. In the Sky Suite, we were wondering

what the big deal was about butlers, but on Summit we found out. It may have just been that Juan on Summit was just that much better at butlering and we did have him all three times. Getting ready for a Sky Suite on Equinox, so we'll have another data point.

Hmm, I caught a glimpse of my last check in photo, it was so bad & unrecognizably me that they made me retake it. :')

We have done a Sky Suite in Solstice and three Royal Suites on Summit. In the Sky Suite, we were wondering

what the big deal was about butlers, but on Summit we found out. It may have just been that Juan on Summit was just that much better at butlering and we did have him all three times. Getting ready for a Sky Suite on Equinox, so we'll have another data point.

Fingers crossed you will end up with Melcome and Dominic! They were the best cabin and butler we have ever had on all of our cruises!

Linda - on my past several Celebrity cruises, while waiting in the Guest Relations line, junior officers always came out and approached passengers in the line (suite or non-suite) to screen their issues in advance. Some easy things (like stationary) can be addressed that way without waiting. As a tip, those in suites really never have to stand in a Guest Relations or Shore Excursions Desk line. The Michael's Club Concierge is part of Guest Relations and can handle most things for you, including booking excursions and printing out the tickets. They also arrange reps from Future Cruises to come to Michael's Club to meet with you and book cruises so you don't have to wait there either.