getting our 5* pins

SeaBands

I called about them and instead of mailing them to us, we have to wait for the Mariner lunch for them to be presented. I guess they save on postage.

Really? So if you don't have another cruise booked for a couple of years, you have to wait for them? I'd check again to see if they couldn't mail them out. When we received our 4 star pins, they were just waiting for us in our cabin, we didn't receive them at the Mariner lunch.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Just back from our 28 day cruise and

We received our pins on our bed the night of the Mariner luncheon on board with our tiles.

Denise:)

Congratrulations, Denise :)

I've been Five star since the day they first crea ted the cateogry and do not think I have a pin. I DO have my platinum Medallion and that is special to me. Hope you enjoy a great many morewonderful cruises, Denise. Enjoy the amenities you gte with five star.

I called about them and instead of mailing them to us, we have to wait for the Mariner lunch for them to be presented. I guess they save on postage.

Mine came in the mail a few years ago. DH's was given to him on board (I have more days than he ;) )

They seem to be doing that more if you have an upcoming cruise but they weren't given out at the Mariners luncheon.

Congrats :). And enjoy :)

Our 4* were just left on the bed the night after the Mariner brunch.

Same for us, though our bronze medals were presented 10 days earlier on the same cruise. :bottle-pop:

(and I reckon we reached 4 star before we reached the 100 sailing days).

As I recall we received ours during a cruise (they were left in our cabin). Once home they got tossed into a basement storage drawer where they sit alongside many other cruise line pins, medallions, and other "keepsakes." I assume that DW or our heirs will eventually toss them in the trash.

Have to say that MSC gives even better benefits to those who have never cruised on their line :). They have a "match" program for their own cruise categories. Because we are 5 Star on HAL, MSC immediately gave us "Black" Card status (their highest category) which got us an immediate 5% discount off our cruise fare (after all other discounts). On HAL, even after cruising more than 500 days I don't get 1% off :(.

Hank

First, congratulations on being 5 Star (y)

I would call again. My DH got his 2 Star pin in the mail.

We will be taking a back to back in November. We will go 4 star after the 1st leg of cruise. We were told by HAL to go to the front desk after 1st leg and they will check with HAL or Mariners Society and up grade us from 3 star to 4 star. Is this correct by what you know? Bud

When HAL started the new Star program a number of years ago, there were only 4 stars (200 points). We were already way past 200 days so our 4 star pins were mailed to us.

Then HAL decided to add a 5th star level (500 points) and we were once again way beyond that number. And once again HAL mailed our pins to us.

We also got our Platinum medals and pins several years ago (700 actual sailing days). We are now over 1000 actual sailing days.

I did not, would not TOSSs out my Dh's Plaitinum pinOR MEDALLION after he passed. We enjoyed rexeiving them and e all the cruises that aded up to thosssd 1,000+ actual days..

We will be taking a back to back in November. We will go 4 star after the 1st leg of cruise. We were told by HAL to go to the front desk after 1st leg and they will check with HAL or Mariners Society and up grade us from 3 star to 4 star. Is this correct by what you know? Bud

If that is what Mariners Society told you, then do it. :)

When HAL started the new Star program a number of years ago, there were only 4 stars (200 points). We were already way past 200 days so our 4 star pins were mailed to us.

Then HAL decided to add a 5th star level (500 points) and we were once again way beyond that number. And once again HAL mailed our pins to us.

We also got our Platinum medals and pins several years ago (700 actual sailing days). We are now over 1000 actual sailing days.

I am happy we got out platinum pins as I recall readigng here on CC some time ago, most of the ships no longer have a supply of platinum pins. Perhaps hey now do? I don't care much abotu 5 stgzrs but I do like the Platinum. ;)

I nopticed a few people wearing a Platinum medallion on a blue e ribbon but I beroe this saw it only on a white rbibon. Ours ware on white

First, congratulations on being 5 Star (y)

I would call again. My DH got his 2 Star pin in the mail.

ditto on the congrats.

Things might have changed. As long as you are cruising soon, OP, it's ok if they are delivered on board, but if you are not, I would call back and request they be mailed. You've certainly earned them :

On Koningsdam last week, the star pins were delivered to the mail slot on the last afternoon. Earned my 5 stars, next goal is gold medallion next summer.

Congrats to you too :) Hope we have the pleasure to sail again with you. :)

Edited by kazu

Hoping my 2-star pin is waiting for me on Maasdam in a couple weeks. My mother reached 2-star on our Alaska cruise in 2016 but no pin was waiting for her when we embarked Veendam last May, nor had she received anything in the mail in the 11 months or so since the cruise. Finally I had her go to the front desk and ask about it and the next night it was in our cabin with a nice note from the captain. If I hit maximum spend (I'd better not!) on this next cruise, I'll be a single day short of 3-star. The good news is we have another cruise scheduled later this year. :)

Would you wear them before your next cruise? Why not have a little fanfare when you get them on the ship?

I am happy we got out platinum pins as I recall readigng here on CC some time ago, most of the ships no longer have a supply of platinum pins. Perhaps hey now do? I don't care much abotu 5 stgzrs but I do like the Platinum. ;)

I nopticed a few people wearing a Platinum medallion on a blue e ribbon but I beroe this saw it only on a white rbibon. Ours ware on white

Sail, no more Medallion pins are being handed out at all. No stored-up pins are available any longer, either.

Just Star pins now. This is straight from the Mariner Society some time ago.