Princess Elite

hugger

We are 3 cruises from finally gaining Elite status with Princess.

I see that if you book a full suite you get double credit. What is the lowest category that constitutes a Full Suite?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see that if you book a full suite you get double credit. What is the lowest category that constitutes a Full Suite?

I sailed Solo in a Window Suite on the Golden Princess 11/11/2016 and found I had skipped the Gold Level and am a Ruby for my next sailing. Again in a Window Suite, with the 3 Cruise Credits I will disembark at Melbourne as a Platinum.

Impatiently waiting for the release of the next brochure, have seen an online version and there are limited cruises I could take, not sure about using a FCC, and the prices "seem" to have doubled. Due to poor eyesight-until I can actually check a physical brochure for myself, any plans for future cruises on Princess are up in the air.

HTH.

Book a full suite if you want to be in a full suite with full suite benefits. Elite benefits do not balance out to the extra money for a full suite. Laundry, the most expensive benefit works out to about $100/week.

If you are in a hurry try a couple of the repositioning cruises in September. Sail 1 day Seattle to Vancouver, swap ships and sail 3 days to LA or 2 days to San Francisco. We wanted to hit Elite before a Panama cruise and did this. Just don't try the same ship Seattle to LA - not allowed. Suite from Vancouver to LA was only about $299pp when we went.

If you are in a hurry try a couple of the repositioning cruises in September. Sail 1 day Seattle to Vancouver, swap ships and sail 3 days to LA or 2 days to San Francisco. We wanted to hit Elite before a Panama cruise and did this. Just don't try the same ship Seattle to LA - not allowed. Suite from Vancouver to LA was only about $299pp when we went.

Could you please explain this further since I’m thinking of doing back to back to back - all on the same ship - booking a balcony cabin for 5 day (LA to Vancouver) & 7 day cruise (Alaska - R/T Seattle) & booking a suite for the 1 day cruise (Vancouver to Seattle) - for a total of 4 cruise credits - are you saying Princess won’t allow 2 credits for staying in the suite & only 3 cruise credits will be earned?

Could you please explain this further since I’m thinking of doing back to back to back - all on the same ship - booking a balcony cabin for 5 day (LA to Vancouver) & 7 day cruise (Alaska - R/T Seattle) & booking a suite for the 1 day cruise (Vancouver to Seattle) - for a total of 4 cruise credits - are you saying Princess won’t allow 2 credits for staying in the suite & only 3 cruise credits will be earned?
You won't be able to sail on those three cruises on the same ship. Doing so would be a violation of the Passenger Services Act that forbids cruises from one U.S. city to another without going to a distant foreign port along the way. You could take the cruise from LA to Vancouver then the train from Vancouver to Seattle. Or as LeeW suggests, finding a different ship to sail from Vancouver to Seattle. (Having a few days in Vancouver would not be bad if the dates don't work out. I haven't checked out the different itineraries for this year.)

Your proposed cruise starts in LA and ends in Seattle. Under PVSA, it would have to call on a distant foreign port. The nearest would be in South American and Asia. Obviously, that will not happen. It does not matter whether you book this itinerary as one cruise or several smaller cruises. Sorry

As others have pointed out you can not do the itinerary on the same ship. Regarding cruise credits, it appears you will be single occupancy. You will receive 2 cruise credits/voyage and 1 extra cruise credit if you book a full suite.

You generally get one cruise credit per cruise completed. Two cruise credits for cruising in a suite. You also get two cruise credits for sailing as a solo passenger in any cabin. Three cruise credits are awarded for a solo passenger sailing in a suite.

Short cruises give you the same number of cruise credits as longer cruises. Some longer cruises are counted as more than one cruise e.g. a complete world cruise is x sectors.

Regards John

Thank you to all who answered my question - I totally forgot about the Passenger Services Act - like hugger, I was only thinking about getting extra cruise credits to reach Elite before planning our next bigger & longer cruise. Oh well, back to searching for a schedule that will work!

We are also three away from Elite, but living on the East Coast, unless we fly to Florida, it's not cheap to cover the "short" cruises to get to Elite.. When we sail, its usually 10 days. to warrant the cost. So that means we have at least three more to go, at one a year...thats three years UGH

It is nice to get to Elite quickly. One of these days Princess will change the criteria to only days not cruise credits (right now 150 days or 15 cruises, and your next cruise will be Elite).

We got there by days not cruises as we take longer cruises.

HAL does days for different levels. Since Princess seems to be following them on other things, may happen this way too.

For Most Traveled honors, Princess doesn't look at how many cruises but only days.

Rumors have been floating around about changes in the program but so far nothing happening. Hopefully for those trying to get to next levels with cruise credits, there will be enough notice on the changes. Seeing that any changes in other things on board, have happened with no warning, probably it will just happen.

We will eventually make it to Elite but I don't know if it will be "days" or "cruise credits". It may well work out to be the same. It will happen when it happens but, in the meantime, we will just keep cruising when we can. (My wife won't let me book summer cruises as she plans land trips during those months. Fortunately we both love those as well. :) )

I know Elite status gives you free laundry, free internet, mini bar, priority boarding etc. Does it give you any discount on wine packages or discounted wine in the MDR?

Sorry, no discount on the wine in the dining rooms

Thank you to all who answered my question - I totally forgot about the Passenger Services Act - like hugger, I was only thinking about getting extra cruise credits to reach Elite before planning our next bigger & longer cruise. Oh well, back to searching for a schedule that will work!

I think you could book Emerald Princess ex-Vancouver for 20 Nov, 25 Nov and 29 Nov. Three roundtrip cruises that do not go far. Book just two with one as a suite for three cruise credits or one in separate cabins. If you ignore the middle one you can have extended vacation time in Vancouver. I do not believe any of this contravines any laws as you are not transported from A to B as you start and finish in the same place.

Sapphire is doing a three dayer in Europe which you could b2b with either the one before or after, suites are easier to get and comparitively inexpensive on this three dayer but would get you three credits.

Regards John

We are also three away from Elite, but living on the East Coast, unless we fly to Florida, it's not cheap to cover the "short" cruises to get to Elite.. When we sail, its usually 10 days. to warrant the cost. So that means we have at least three more to go, at one a year...thats three years UGH
We got to Elite faster than we planned when Princess had some short cruises from Fort Lauderdale. We took two 4-day cruises back to back, which were cruise numbers 13 and 14 for us. We later took a 3-day and a 4-day cruise back to back (cruises 17 and 18).

My search for short cruises from Fort Lauderdale turned up just one next year--a 4-day next May. You could do it back to back with a 7-day cruise. I don't think 4-day cruises are worthwhile to take on their own.

We got to Elite faster than we planned when Princess had some short cruises from Fort Lauderdale. We took two 4-day cruises back to back, which were cruise numbers 13 and 14 for us. We later took a 3-day and a 4-day cruise back to back (cruises 17 and 18).

My search for short cruises from Fort Lauderdale turned up just one next year--a 4-day next May. You could do it back to back with a 7-day cruise. I don't think 4-day cruises are worthwhile to take on their own.

Yeah, that's great when you don't have to spend 500+ flying for a 4/5 night cruise, and yes, Princess seems to have done away with the "get away's" on the east coast, because I am now seeing more RT's circle Caribbean 10 nighters. So unless I can do three B2B's it's gonna take a while. :(

the 4 day in May 2019 - at sea, Coz, at sea - is still at a way too high price - $ 554 for an interior?

no thanks - will prolly look/book at $ 299 or so

For us that would be (round figures) $500 air, $1500 = $2000. 4 nights....I am doing 10 nights in September with air, two people $2400

Princess has cut back significantly on the short cruises. Their hope is to get better prices for them. When the increased the number a few years ago they found that Carnival & RCI dominated this market and they had to slash the prices to fill the ships.

Princess has cut back significantly on the short cruises. Their hope is to get better prices for them. When the increased the number a few years ago they found that Carnival & RCI dominated this market and they had to slash the prices to fill the ships.

"Slash" does not describe it at all. They had to essentially give them away for free.

The deal was to take one of the short cruises and get 100% back to be applied to a longer cruise within a year. Full suites sold out fast with the 100% of the fare back for use on a future cruise.