Diamond lounge, Don't be so cheap.

That matches my observations too In the DL.Lets hope your waiter friend gets good tips on the last night and by everyone who doesn't tip per drink.

He makes it up on volume - that DL is way busier than normal.

Many things can be earned, but still be taken away. I never said that they couldn't be taken away. Just look at what they tried to do with the internet. :D Time to find the mute button.

I’m likely in the minority here on CC, but many outside of CC, would have rather a larger discount to the VOOM than currently offered for D and D+ members. Not talking about Free days but buying the package.

Same with drink packages. Cut off free drinks on SeaPass and in DL But give a greater discount on the package. Discounts now are less than what one may typically buy online prior to the cruise.

I believe this is the direction Royal is headed. This is also how we respond to our survey.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m likely in the minority here on CC, but many outside of CC, would have rather a larger discount to the VOOM than currently offered for D and D+ members. Not talking about Free days but buying the package.

Same with drink packages. Cut off free drinks on SeaPass and in DL But give a greater discount on the package. Discounts now are less than what one may typically buy online prior to the cruise.

I believe this is the direction Royal is headed. This is also how we respond to our survey.

Why

Why

Why not?

You could have VOOM full time

Drink when you want where you want and no more Diamond list.

I bet it’s likely to reduce crowding in the DL.

Win win for both Royal and cruisers. Only a small number of D and above frequent the DL/CL religiously. DL on Harmony seats maybe 80 while over 500 D and above onboard our sailing. The Lounges have never been large enough to accommodate all the D and above typically onboard.

Have not been there yet...but looking forward to it in the future for sure! :hearteyes:

Hoping to do a tour there and a cruise out of there in a few years.

A quick Copenhagen tip courtesy of Danish Viking here on Cc.

When you arrive at the airport, buy a Copenhagen Card. This gives you free train and bus travel.

You can use it immediately to get to your hotel. It also allows entry to ALL attractions in the City.

Tivoli, Blue Planet River Cruise and so many.

Hotel Bethel is also recommended as the location in Nyhavn is great

Had 3 days before the Serenade Fjord cruise.

Why not?

Win win for both Royal and cruisers. Only a small number of D and above frequent the DL/CL religiously. DL on Harmony seats maybe 80 while over 500 D and above onboard our sailing. The Lounges have never been large enough to accommodate all the D and above typically onboard.

If only a small number of D visit the lounge why is lack and seats and crowding such a problem?? I for one like the present 3 drinks on card or drinks in the lounge. Don't have a problem with the "list". don't care about VOOM -.

It is only on CC that majority think that tipping in DL is required and everyone does it.

You only speak for yourself and not the majority. We tip to help crew as they are there to earn $'s and make a better life for their families back home.

Why not?

Don’t need or want to pay additional for internet. One free day fine. Always found seat in lounge; only had one or two drinks before leaving. 45-90 minutes spent there. I don’t need or want 10 plus drinks a day and paying for them doesn’t appeal to me. Not a win for me if your suggestions became the way.

Same with drink packages. Cut off free drinks on SeaPass and in DL

Do you have the name of the distributer that backs up the the ships on turn around day and just gives Royal all the booze it wants...free....of charge?

If only a small number of D visit the lounge why is lack and seats and crowding such a problem?? I for one like the present 3 drinks on card or drinks in the lounge. Don't have a problem with the "list". don't care about VOOM -.

Plus 1

I don’t use internet, and don’t drink NEAR enough to pay for a package, I really like my 3 free.

You do the math. It’s not that hard to figure. If ships sail with 500-1000 D and above, how does one cycle all of them through a lounge that has 80 seats?

I agree , there is a certain niche of people, that depend upon the lounge time and free drinks. I don’t think they are the majority sailing today. Maybe on TA/TP and off season cruising, when fares are the cheapest. Royal has changed its target audience with the advent of their mega ships. People talk about the old days gone by and complain what has become. It might take you awhile to let it sink in, but your (meaning a certain set of cruisers) no longer the target cruisers Royal is hoping will fill their ships.

The younger the top tiers become, and it’s happening now in front of you, want full time VOOM and drink packages.

You do the math. It’s not that hard to figure. If ships sail with 500-1000 D and above, how does one cycle all of them through a lounge that has 80 seats?

I agree , there is a certain niche of people, that depend upon the lounge time and free drinks. I don’t think they are the majority sailing today. Maybe on TA/TP and off season cruising, when fares are the cheapest. Royal has changed its target audience with the advent of their mega ships. People talk about the old days gone by and complain what has become. It might take you awhile to let it sink in, but your (meaning a certain set of cruisers) no longer the target cruisers Royal is hoping will fill their ships.

The younger the top tiers become, and it’s happening now in front of you, want full time VOOM and drink packages.

I’m in the younger portion of the top tier and don’t want Full time Voom or full drink package. I don’t think you have any data to back up your claims; it’s just your opinion

Nice!! I just read this to Bucky the chocolate lover...he agreed. Great perks with that![emoji813]eyes: Would have loved the tours also!
The reps had the meeting in one room while our wives were in a room full of chocolate and told to help themselves to the chocolate.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Have not been there yet...but looking forward to it in the future for sure! [emoji813]eyes:

Hoping to do a tour there and a cruise out of there in a few years.

We did a Baltic cruise out of Copenhagen on Serenade in May 2015.

We stayed at the Admiral Hotel pre cruise,great location for Nyhavn and other attractions too.

As a non shareholder i totally disagree with you.

I’m in the younger portion of the top tier and don’t want Full time Voom or full drink package. I don’t think you have any data to back up your claims; it’s just your opinion

Same here. I'm on the younger end of the D+ spectrum. My phone stays locked in the safe and I have no desire for internet while on a cruise. Also, I don't drink enough to benefit from a paid drinks package. I don't even take full advantage of the DL and/or 3 free drinks on my card. It's usually just 1 or 2 for me in the evenings.

+1 i agree.

Don’t need or want to pay additional for internet. One free day fine. Always found seat in lounge; only had one or two drinks before leaving. 45-90 minutes spent there. I don’t need or want 10 plus drinks a day and paying for them doesn’t appeal to me. Not a win for me if your suggestions became the way.

But it would increase his shareholders divided.

We have never used our free D/D+ internet and bar some champagne in the DL a DP would never work for us regardless the price and discount.

Said like a true shareholder.

And his shareholders head.

I'm with you on this issue.

Younger portion are mid 20’s - mid 40’s. Are you in that range? Young people have found an interest in cruising. It’s huge in social media but since you don’t need VOOM, I doubt you would know. There are several groups that have taken off and cruising. Lots of bloggers, Periscopers, snap chat’ers, instagram, YouTube, and of course Facebook and more. They drink and must have their VOOM. Many are D+ and a lot more D.

As a non shareholder i totally disagree with you.

What part? You think the majority of D and above members would like to frequent the DL? 80 seats on Harmony with over 500 D and above. I don’t generally count the seats in DL because we prefer to drop in on the CL/SL.

What would your estimate of seats available in the DL? Average?

Younger cruisers want VOOM and drink packages. I’m talking younger mid 20’s to mid 40’s. Social Media types.