Diamond lounge, Don't be so cheap.

What if 1,000 people wanted to go there on any given night? Even splitting that up into four 45 minute blocks, that's 250 people.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

John - I don't understand your point. I was agreeing with the previous poster and saying that our preference to use vouchers (on Oasis) is Trellis Bar, if weather permits.

Why would 1000 people suddenly decide to go to a random bar (Trellis Bar) on any given night? It is NEVER crowded during cocktail hours likely because one has to use a voucher, use a drink package or pay :eek: for a drink. (Trellis bar serves as the bar for Chops, Giovanni's, and 150 Central Park.) Generally there aren't even 100 -200 people walking through Center Park at any given time at night, let alone those sitting at Trellis bar. There are seats for 20-30 and there has rarely if ever been a time that we could not sit at the bar or at one of the small high tops.

We rarely use the DL at night, and don't like the closed in feeling of Blaze ( if offered) and don't need unlimited drinks, so we use a voucher or two and get our drink(s) around the ship.

Glad we have so many nice choices to use vouchers.

M

Those fares have been way cheaper when released. That is a very unique and popular cruise. Currently on Mariner in a GS. 15 days, $1,500 for both of us. That one's unique I will admit.

Laura solo inside on Vision TA this October. $900

Both of us in Aft JS on Rhapsody TA this December. 2 grand and change.

Our Serenade TA this August is around 6 grand in a balcony. Same Copenhagen to Boston you speak of.

Serenade TA next spring FLL to Copenhagen, two cabins, one inside, one balcony was around $3,500. This is replacing our cancelled Explorer TP.

Still plenty of cheap TA's out there

Looks like you have good rates. Enjoy the cruises.

M

Those fares have been way cheaper when released. That is a very unique and popular cruise. Currently on Mariner in a GS. 15 days, $1,500 for both of us. That one's unique I will admit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk[/quot]

I thought you posted that you were upgraded from JS to GS on the second leg of your Mariner cruise.

Yes, that's why it was unique. Plus it was h as l price to begin with. Original price was 3 grand for two weeks on each leg. Still a good price for a JS in my book

John - I don't understand your point. I was agreeing with the previous poster and saying that our preference to use vouchers (on Oasis) is Trellis Bar, if weather permits.

Why would 1000 people suddenly decide to go to a random bar (Trellis Bar) on any given night? It is NEVER crowded during cocktail hours likely because one has to use a voucher, use a drink package or pay :eek: for a drink. (Trellis bar serves as the bar for Chops, Giovanni's, and 150 Central Park.) Generally there aren't even 100 -200 people walking through Center Park at any given time at night, let alone those sitting at Trellis bar. There are seats for 20-30 and there has rarely if ever been a time that we could not sit at the bar or at one of the small high tops.

We rarely use the DL at night, and don't like the closed in feeling of Blaze ( if offered) and don't need unlimited drinks, so we use a voucher or two and get our drink(s) around the ship.

M

I guess I was saying that all venues have limitations.

Younger portion are mid 20’s - mid 40’s. Are you in that range?

Yes, I am in that range. And I don't need or want Voom. My life does not revolve around posting pictures on instagram. It is available for people that want it and I recognize that. I'm happy with a free day. I go on cruises and purposely don't buy phone and internet plans. That is time away from work that I get to spend with my family and tuning out of work. It is actually a major appeal of cruising for me.

You COULD choose to accept that some of us are happy with the current benefits and aren't looking to take things away from other people.

I am frequent user of Wi-Fi. Good and cheap Wi-Fi allows me to cruise 5 times a year as I can use it for work.

But I am ok with buying it, and yes I also use it for FB posts and communications with my family who is not cruising.

M

Absolutely, totally agree your description perfectly fits CP on a night.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I guess I was saying that all venues have limitations.

John i think because of all the speciality restaurant's in CP most people avoid this area and go to the Royal Promenade, Windjammer and MDR.

BTW you both look like you are having great fun.

Yes, I am in that range. And I don't need or want Voom. My life does not revolve around posting pictures on instagram. It is available for people that want it and I recognize that. I'm happy with a free day. I go on cruises and purposely don't buy phone and internet plans. That is time away from work that I get to spend with my family and tuning out of work. It is actually a major appeal of cruising for me.

You COULD choose to accept that some of us are happy with the current benefits and aren't looking to take things away from other people.

I personally don’t get VOOM but it is included on Oasis Class in Star/Sky Class.

I accept that some are happy with their current perks. There are “some” that would like a larger discount for loyalty on drink packages, Internet, excursions, Speciality Dining and so on. These are perks. They are not earned. Nobody knows what Royal might change from the time one books a cruise until the day of the cruise.

I do enjoy the threads that there are too many upper tiers, the Lounges are crowded, kick out the Diamonds and so on. I love reading all the twisted underwear uproars. I wonder how lower tiered cruisers feel about so many venues with private functions closed off to address overflow. I would be upset if I paid fare only to have those venues excluded.

I personally would like Royal to reward points/loyalty based on $ spent with Royal. I also believe Royals target market has changed in the last 10 years and some just don’t want to see this happen and continue. The industry has changed as well.

We have always had for the most part a great time on our cruises. Were they all perfect, no. Could some things have gone better, sure.

I was surprised that Royal added the 3 drinks on SeaPass Cards. I think it was a good gesture. I was even more surprised that they gave 4 for some current Cruises with high numbers of top tiers. We don’t generally go to the DL but will go to the CL/SL for morning coffee and snack. On Oasis Class, we generally hit the SL for a drink and then walk over to the CK. The alcohol on the Diamond list to us is not that good. I like Bud Light or Blue Moon, neither on the list. I also like Tito’s and Glenfiddich , also not on list. Generally, they have these in the SL for those with a package and the Concierge is likely to have it in the CL if they know you have the package.

I do say, if you want Suite Perks, book a Suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am a shareholder too. Don’t care a fig what prices are on any cruise or cruiseline. I only book what I want to pay for. I am just talking about the never ending attitude. Really serves no purpose and makes you and him go on forever over the same ground. Nobody cares.

JC

Yes its a pain at times but a bit jokey banter too and plenty of people are reading and posting, yourself included.

Yes its a pain at times but a bit jokey banter too and plenty of people are reading and posting, yourself included.

OK, I’ll play. Think how much better it would be if people occassionally talked about something that is of interest to 3 people, or if they didn’t repeat said posts about every 4th post.

JC

OK, I’ll play. Think how much better it would be if people occassionally talked about something that is of interest to 3 people, or if they didn’t repeat said posts about every 4th post.

JC

TBH the ops question could have been answered in a couple of posts just like most threads.

We are total strangers,i have never met any of you and John and LaLa and Pauline and i are the only ones to post pictures of ourselves.

We are not harming anyone but plenty of people are reading the posts so we must be doing something right.

It would be great to have a drink with everyone on here because ultimately we all love cruising and posting and reading posts on Cruise Critic.

We are not harming anyone but plenty of people are reading the posts so we must be doing something right.

It would be great to have a drink with everyone on here because ultimately we all love cruising and posting and reading posts on Cruise Critic.

I don't mean this in a snide way, so please don't take it that way. I think if you just used the multi-quote tool more often, it would help a little.

How do you manage that? From a TA or your C & A level? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Love it. :D

Yup, C&A level. Selecting from profile of "gift preferences" I pick choices of wine to be delivered to stateroom. Cheers! :wine-glass::wine-glass::bottle-pop:

This past oct, on oasis, i went down to the dl overflow in blaze. Stopped by the dl on deck 11 a few nights but did not meet anyone that i clicked with. So i went down to blazes and met some people that were also on a b2b. We clicked and had a blast every night. The servers in there were funny, friendly and made the overflow lounge so welcoming. We did not mind the no windows, it was the company that mattered more.

So there was a bunch of us that used the dungeon dl and had a great time. Great conversation, good company and free drinks made it for us.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Not sure if Oasis is still offering Blaze as overflow now? Have read conflicting reports of RCI doing away with DL overflow. :o:(

I've asked on Oasis. They won't do a tour in CK valley. It's to cramped. They actually have two galleys, one hot, one cold. Cold galley on SL side

tour in CK valley? ;)

Not sure if Oasis is still offering Blaze as overflow now? Have read conflicting reports of RCI doing away with DL overflow. :o:(
You should start a new thread.

Lots of potential

TBH the ops question could have been answered in a couple of posts just like most threads.

We are total strangers,i have never met any of you and John and LaLa and Pauline and i are the only ones to post pictures of ourselves.

Nicely put Graham. :)

No, I don't post pictures...don't know how to do it actually..but no big deal. John has promised to show me how to do it...if he ever gets back home anyway. :cool: But I don't miss it. Enjoy other's pictures though!

We were gifted that on the first leg. Not a fan.

That's what makes wine so interesting...just like people. Some you like...some not so much. ;)

The golden rule of wine: "The best wine is the wine you like the best". :cool:

Me, could never drink the "pink koolaid"....but to each their own. :D

Galley [emoji33]

LOL...sorry John...just could not resist the urge to tease you. I am guessing you are getting tired of posting for the day by now. ;)

For some reason I was thinking of that old TV show "The Big Valley" when you posted that. :cool: