Diamond lounge, Don't be so cheap.

What part? You think the majority of D and above members would like to frequent the DL? 80 seats on Harmony with over 500 D and above. I don’t generally count the seats in DL because we prefer to drop in on the CL/SL.

What would your estimate of seats available in the DL? Average?

Younger cruisers want VOOM and drink packages. I’m talking younger mid 20’s to mid 40’s. Social Media types.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Harmony we sat on Central Park listening to live music and used our vouchers at Trellis bar.

In 7 years of DL use we have always had no problems getting a seat.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

On Harmony we sat on Central Park listening to live music and used our vouchers at Trellis bar.

I have never had an issue with crowding myself.

I peaked in the DL on Harmony before early MDR seating and there was some seats but just too stuffed for us. 80 seats with over 500 D and above. So like you, most are not using the lounge in the evening.

Younger portion are mid 20’s - mid 40’s. Are you in that range?

Yes, I am in that range.

What part? You think the majority of D and above members would like to frequent the DL? 80 seats on Harmony with over 500 D and above.

I can't stand the DL when its crowded. DW and I like to grab a shot of espresso from the DL, walk out to the Viking Crown bar, and use our free drink vouchers to order espresso martinis. We'll only hang out in a crowded DL if we're meeting friends.

I have never had an issue with crowding myself.

I peaked in the DL on Harmony before early MDR seating and there was some seats but just too stuffed for us. 80 seats with over 500 D and above. So like you, most are not using the lounge in the evening.

We didn't use the lounge because it had no outside views and Central Park was lovely.

We didn't use the lounge because it had no outside views and Central Park was lovely.

As is Symphony and very likely Oasis and Allure after next drydocks. Stuffy and no windows. Lower decks too. Who would want to hang in there?

As much as we would like it, I don’t see the VCL on the smaller ships managing a SL/CK together. Maybe Freedom Class?

Harmony has a kitchen in CK. I think Allure and Oasis has a staging area for food. Not sure it’s a full kitchen or not. WJ underneath. Next trip I will ask for a tour.

MB did mention that the next generation of ships after Oasis would be smaller but likely include Sea/Sky/Star Class.

A quick Copenhagen tip courtesy of Danish Viking here on Cc.

When you arrive at the airport, buy a Copenhagen Card. This gives you free train and bus travel.

You can use it immediately to get to your hotel. It also allows entry to ALL attractions in the City.

Tivoli, Blue Planet River Cruise and so many.

Hotel Bethel is also recommended as the location in Nyhavn is great

Had 3 days before the Serenade Fjord cruise.

Thanks! Great tip! Love the Serenade. :hearteyes: She and her three sisters are our favorite ships.

We did a Baltic cruise out of Copenhagen on Serenade in May 2015.

We stayed at the Admiral Hotel pre cruise,great location for Nyhavn and other attractions too.

Ahh..win..win for sure. Serenade and a northern Europe tour. It's planned for the future. :)

+1 i agree.

+2. :)

Too much crowding in the DL/CL...and it becomes a little more frequent with a quiet glass of wine on our balcony. We already get three free bottles delivered to our cabin with each week long cruise anyway. ;) :cool:

And when Bucky brings me a nice chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc from our collection, I don't have to tip him either. ;) :D

Edited by island lady

Oh dear, I do apologize, obviously hit a raw nerve there.

I am not sure it is up to fellow cruisers to make such recommendations.

Thus such reaction.

You do the math. It’s not that hard to figure. If ships sail with 500-1000 D and above, how does one cycle all of them through a lounge that has 80 seats?

I agree , there is a certain niche of people, that depend upon the lounge time and free drinks. I don’t think they are the majority sailing today. Maybe on TA/TP and off season cruising, when fares are the cheapest. Royal has changed its target audience with the advent of their mega ships. People talk about the old days gone by and complain what has become. It might take you awhile to let it sink in, but your (meaning a certain set of cruisers) no longer the target cruisers Royal is hoping will fill their ships.

The younger the top tiers become, and it’s happening now in front of you, want full time VOOM and drink packages.

TA Fares are the cheapest you say?

Please allow me to share the two non refundable quotes I received last week for future TA, while on my current TA.

Serenade ( not the newest ship in the fleet) 4/26/29 Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen, Standard balcony $ 6021.62 for 2 with $200 OBC. Not cheap

but wait it gets "cheaper"

Serenade 8/25/19 ( still 1 1/2 years out) Copenhagen to Boston, Standard Balcony (Guarantee) $17,415.54 for 2. and a $200 OBC. I was so shocked at the price I originally thought it was $1741. per person because there was no comma on the quote sheet ( $17415.54) and I thought there was no way it could be $17,000 for a balcony guarantee. Just for fun I priced an interior and it was over $11,000! Cheap you say?

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Our bar of choice for pre dinner cocktails on Oasis class. Central Park is beautiful and we like how so many "stroll" through the area.

M

Our bar of choice for pre dinner cocktails on Oasis class. Central Park is beautiful and we like how so many "stroll" through the area.

M

I agree, Central Park was our favourite part of the ship and with 150 Central Park,Chops, Jamies and Park Cafe in the same area too was brilliant.

We have been on Harmony 3 times in 2016 and hardly went into the DL preferring Central Park every night.

Please allow me to share the two non refundable quotes I received last week for future TA, while on my current TA.

Serenade ( not the newest ship in the fleet) 4/26/29 Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen, Standard balcony $ 6021.62 for 2 with $200 OBC. Not cheap

Serenade 8/25/19 ( still 1 1/2 years out) Copenhagen to Boston, Standard Balcony (Guarantee) $17,415.54 for 2. and a $200 OBC. I was so shocked at the price I originally thought it was $1741. per person because there was no comma on the quote sheet ( $17415.54) and I thought there was no way it could be $17,000 for a balcony guarantee. Just for fun I priced an interior and it was over $11,000! Cheap you say?

M

Is that including air fares.

M

That's the price, and that's just insane for anyone to pay that much.

M

And Suites are sold out.

Used to be per night... I guess Royal is starting to beef up the popular cruises. Maybe cut down on upper tiers.

+2. :)

Too much crowding in the DL/CL...and it becomes a little more frequent with a quiet glass of wine on our balcony. We already get three free bottles delivered to our cabin with each week long cruise anyway. ;) :cool:

And when Bucky brings me a nice chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc from our collection, I don't have to tip him either. ;) :D

My kinda of people.:D

And Suites are sold out.

Used to be per night... I guess Royal is starting to beef up the popular cruises. Maybe cut down on upper tiers.

O good lord. Give it a rest.

Why all of the unhappiness, seriously. :rolleyes:

JC