Diamond lounge, Don't be so cheap.

Sunderland down, Coleman gone. Rangers beaten twice fro Celtic, now they sack the boss and are going to appoint Stevie G.

On here they are about $1 tips and who can drink the most in an hour.

Whats the world coming to.

I agree with you, as true football supporters of our clubs everything else pales into insignificance.

Our American owner Ellis Short has agreed to write off our clubs £120,000,000 debt for the new owners.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Her last cruise was on P&O Ventura for her 90th birthday 6 years ago.

She still has a strong grip and won't let go of her drink.

Hubby and I used to love trail riding on our own horses and I became known for never letting go of my beer when I fell off my horse!!!!!!:') And I did that more than once!!;p Not because of the alcohol (well, maybe a little) but because I wasn't paying attention when everyone else took off (including my horse) in a canter!! Ouch!!:eek:

I agree with you, as true football supporters of our clubs everything else pales into insignificance.

Our American owner Ellis Short has agreed to write off our clubs £120,000,000 debt for the new owners.

I hear the Jacksonville Jaguars of the NFL are in negotiations to Purshase a stadium in UK and play half their home games there. A win for the UK but a lose for Jacksonville.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hear the Jacksonville Jaguars of the NFL are in negotiations to Purshase a stadium in UK and play half their home games there. A win for the UK but a lose for Jacksonville.

I think they are buying Wembley stadium the home of English football in London.

The person in question also owns Fulham football club in London.

Especially if they have a Diamond Lounge. ;)

Gosh, I have not seen a bottle of that for probably 30 or more years. Not even sure they make it any longer. Was really nasty stuff. ;p Seemed like it was some deep red color, but really can't remember.

Want a bottle when we come over in November?

Gosh, I have not seen a bottle of that for probably 30 or more years. Not even sure they make it any longer. Was really nasty stuff. ;p Seemed like it was some deep red color, but really can't remember.

Another brown bag wine we use to drink back in the 60's was Thunderbird. Also known as "bum wine". :eek:

I wish I could figure out how to multi quote.

You can multi quote using the + button to the right of the quote button. When using your phone you can usually only do 2 quotes at a time. Also, if you want to multi quote within one persons post like I have done with yours, as far as I know the only way is to copy and paste the quote info on each section.

I guess everyone cruises for different reasons.

So you think some people cruise just for the drinks in the lounges?

I personally don’t see us sitting in the DL or CL/SL long enough to drink 5 drinks or 10 as a couple during cocktail hours.
I certainly can see issues with crowding in DL if most stayed nearly the entire time of cocktail hours. Not saying that is what you do.

What's wrong if someone stays the entire time? There are no rules as to how long someone can stay. As they say the early bird gets the worm. Some people meet up and chat just like at any other bar for several hours. If it bothers you so much then complain at the next shareholders meeting that they need a bigger room with more seating.

Yes. There are tightwads out there. It is complicated in the DL because the waiters/bartenders are not getting the normal 18% per drink that is built into the ala carte price or the Drink Package...........Tipping is important.

They may not be getting 18% per drink in the lounges, but how do you know their wages are any different than a bartender working at another bar? Do you think RC reduces their wages because they are serving drinks in the lounges? I doubt it. That 18% that is built into the drink package probably doesn't just go to the bartenders serving drink package drinks. I'm guessing it goes into the wages that RC pays them just like the gratuities that people pay for their cabins. Maybe this makes up for the gratuities that some people have removed?

When people tip in the lounges or any other bar does that person get to keep that tip or is it shared? If it isn't shared then what about the workers restocking the bar etc. while the bartenders are making tips? How do they get paid? They get part of the gratuities that passengers pay just like the bartenders do so I really don't see what the fuss is about. Why does it bother some what others are tipping for their drinks? I certainly don't pay attention what some people are or are not tipping.

Do you tip the person bringing you the drink or the bartender who made it?

You can multi quote using the + button to the right of the quote button. When using your phone you can usually only do 2 quotes at a time. Also, if you want to multi quote within one persons post like I have done with yours, as far as I know the only way is to copy and paste the quote info on each section.

So you think some people cruise just for the drinks in the lounges?

What's wrong if someone stays the entire time? There are no rules as to how long someone can stay. As they say the early bird gets the worm. Some people meet up and chat just like at any other bar for several hours. If it bothers you so much then complain at the next shareholders meeting that they need a bigger room with more seating.

They may not be getting 18% per drink in the lounges, but how do you know their wages are any different than a bartender working at another bar? Do you think RC reduces their wages because they are serving drinks in the lounges? I doubt it. That 18% that is built into the drink package probably doesn't just go to the bartenders serving drink package drinks. I'm guessing it goes into the wages that RC pays them just like the gratuities that people pay for their cabins. Maybe this makes up for the gratuities that some people have removed?

When people tip in the lounges or any other bar does that person get to keep that tip or is it shared? If it isn't shared then what about the workers restocking the bar etc. while the bartenders are making tips? How do they get paid? They get part of the gratuities that passengers pay just like the bartenders do so I really don't see what the fuss is about. Why does it bother some what others are tipping for their drinks? I certainly don't pay attention what some people are or are not tipping.

Do you tip the person bringing you the drink or the bartender who made it?

I love all your answers.

I try and respectfully answer questions but the fellow in question seems to follow my posts and queries most of them especially regarding drinks and time spent in the DL.

Best Regards.

Graham.

Drinks are really not earned because Royal may change the perks at any time so they are not earned. Many think they are earned and can’t be changed or removed.

You might well be right but there are so many higher C&A members now that to remove the free drinks would be financially disastrous for RCCL and the other cruise lines will be delighted to welcome us.

You might well be right but there are so many higher C&A members now that to remove the free drinks would be financially disastrous for RCCL and the other cruise lines will be delighted to welcome us.

I don’t believe that for one minute. Sure, any business likely to have a few leave but the grass is not always greener elsewhere.

I don’t believe that for one minute. Sure, any business likely to have a few leave but the grass is not always greener elsewhere.

It is not and RC itineraries are the most important thing to us.

The fact is though that thousands of cruisers are higher level C&A members because they stayed loyal for the perks which are the best in the industry.

What RC don't want to do is risk letting these people try other lines because they might like what they see and sail regularly elsewhere.