Diamond lounge, Don't be so cheap.

Younger portion are mid 20’s - mid 40’s. Are you in that range? Young people have found an interest in cruising. It’s huge in social media but since you don’t need VOOM, I doubt you would know. There are several groups that have taken off and cruising. Lots of bloggers, Periscopers, snap chat’ers, instagram, YouTube, and of course Facebook and more. They drink and must have their VOOM. Many are D+ and a lot more D.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am in mid 40's and wife is younger 40's. I don't drink except on cruises. I don't drink enough to warrant a drink package and my wife doesn't drink at all. Maybe 3 sodas in a week. Tried drink packages first cruise or two and didn't feel it was worth it.

As d+ I am fine getting a few drinks in the lounges before dinner and using vouchers after dinner.

I have always bought the internet package from our first cruise. I have to keep in touch with my business at home. I have rarely used our free days for d/d+. But when I remember I will use it for the tablet.

Even though a discount on the package might benefit me, I would rather have the 2 free days instead. Well 4 with my wife as if worse came to worse I could make that work.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TA Fares are the cheapest you say?

Please allow me to share the two non refundable quotes I received last week for future TA, while on my current TA.

Serenade ( not the newest ship in the fleet) 4/26/29 Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen, Standard balcony $ 6021.62 for 2 with $200 OBC. Not cheap

but wait it gets "cheaper"

Serenade 8/25/19 ( still 1 1/2 years out) Copenhagen to Boston, Standard Balcony (Guarantee) $17,415.54 for 2. and a $200 OBC. I was so shocked at the price I originally thought it was $1741. per person because there was no comma on the quote sheet ( $17415.54) and I thought there was no way it could be $17,000 for a balcony guarantee. Just for fun I priced an interior and it was over $11,000! Cheap you say?

M

Wow. Not too many cruisers can afford those prices. They will be looking at alternate vacations.

+2. :)

Too much crowding in the DL/CL...and it becomes a little more frequent with a quiet glass of wine on our balcony. We already get three free bottles delivered to our cabin with each week long cruise anyway. ;)

How do you manage that? From a TA or your C & A level? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

......And when Bucky brings me a nice chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc from our collection, I don't have to tip him either. ;) :D

Love it. :D

I am not sure it is up to fellow cruisers to make such recommendations.

Thus such reaction.

Exactly, who does she think she is to tell others what to do and to call people cheap. Making a suggestion is one thing but putting it the way she did is beyond tacky and classless.

Please allow me to share the two non refundable quotes I received last week for future TA, while on my current TA.

Serenade ( not the newest ship in the fleet) 4/26/29 Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen, Standard balcony $ 6021.62 for 2 with $200 OBC. Not cheap

Serenade 8/25/19 ( still 1 1/2 years out) Copenhagen to Boston, Standard Balcony (Guarantee) $17,415.54 for 2. and a $200 OBC. I was so shocked at the price I originally thought it was $1741. per person because there was no comma on the quote sheet ( $17415.54) and I thought there was no way it could be $17,000 for a balcony guarantee. Just for fun I priced an interior and it was over $11,000! Cheap you say?

M

That August cruise price is insane. I wonder how many of those cabins they are not going to sell at those prices? Have you looked at other cruise lines prices?

M

I agree. The Ta prices have gone mad this year.

I've done 8 and the prices have shot up. Symphony this year, I paid £2100 for a D6 balcony and 12 night cruise with 1 port. Thy have now added P Canaveral.

2 years ago I paid £1375 inc drinks package for Harmony.

I have Jewel booked for next April, which is reasonable but Rhapsody in Nov '19 is not cheap.

Might have to start going to last minute again and take what cabins are left

As is Symphony and very likely Oasis and Allure after next drydocks. Stuffy and no windows. Lower decks too. Who would want to hang in there?

As much as we would like it, I don’t see the VCL on the smaller ships managing a SL/CK together. Maybe Freedom Class?

Harmony has a kitchen in CK. I think Allure and Oasis has a staging area for food. Not sure it’s a full kitchen or not. WJ underneath. Next trip I will ask for a tour.

MB did mention that the next generation of ships after Oasis would be smaller but likely include Sea/Sky/Star Class.

This past oct, on oasis, i went down to the dl overflow in blaze. Stopped by the dl on deck 11 a few nights but did not meet anyone that i clicked with. So i went down to blazes and met some people that were also on a b2b. We clicked and had a blast every night. The servers in there were funny, friendly and made the overflow lounge so welcoming. We did not mind the no windows, it was the company that mattered more.

So there was a bunch of us that used the dungeon dl and had a great time. Great conversation, good company and free drinks made it for us.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

You do the math. It’s not that hard to figure. If ships sail with 500-1000 D and above, how does one cycle all of them through a lounge that has 80 seats?

I agree , there is a certain niche of people, that depend upon the lounge time and free drinks. I don’t think they are the majority sailing today. Maybe on TA/TP and off season cruising, when fares are the cheapest. Royal has changed its target audience with the advent of their mega ships. People talk about the old days gone by and complain what has become. It might take you awhile to let it sink in, but your (meaning a certain set of cruisers) no longer the target cruisers Royal is hoping will fill their ships.

The younger the top tiers become, and it’s happening now in front of you, want full time VOOM and drink packages.

We had a 27 year old become Pinnacle on Mariner this cruise

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m in the younger portion of the top tier and don’t want Full time Voom or full drink package. I don’t think you have any data to back up your claims; it’s just your opinion

I like full time VOOM

Even better when it works well

[emoji6]

As is Symphony and very likely Oasis and Allure after next drydocks. Stuffy and no windows. Lower decks too. Who would want to hang in there?

As much as we would like it, I don’t see the VCL on the smaller ships managing a SL/CK together. Maybe Freedom Class?

Harmony has a kitchen in CK. I think Allure and Oasis has a staging area for food. Not sure it’s a full kitchen or not. WJ underneath. Next trip I will ask for a tour.

MB did mention that the next generation of ships after Oasis would be smaller but likely include Sea/Sky/Star Class.

I've asked on Oasis. They won't do a tour in CK valley. It's to cramped. They actually have two galleys, one hot, one cold. Cold galley on SL side

M

Those fares have been way cheaper when released. That is a very unique and popular cruise. Currently on Mariner in a GS. 15 days, $1,500 for both of us. That one's unique I will admit.

Laura solo inside on Vision TA this October. $900

Both of us in Aft JS on Rhapsody TA this December. 2 grand and change.

Our Serenade TA this August is around 6 grand in a balcony. Same Copenhagen to Boston you speak of.

Serenade TA next spring FLL to Copenhagen, two cabins, one inside, one balcony was around $3,500. This is replacing our cancelled Explorer TP.

Still plenty of cheap TA's out there

Our bar of choice for pre dinner cocktails on Oasis class. Central Park is beautiful and we like how so many "stroll" through the area.

M

What if 1,000 people wanted to go there on any given night? Even splitting that up into four 45 minute blocks, that's 250 people.

M

Just had a look at both on the UK web site. £7078 ($9598) for the first. £17798 ($24099) for the second. Both for the cheapest Balcony.

That has to have been wrongly priced and I cannot believe both would have Suites sold out. maybe a problem with the IT again.

No one in their right mind would pay those prices, not even the most loyal RCCL fan or shareholder.

Just had a look at both on the UK web site. £7078 ($9598) for the first. £17798 ($24099) for the second. Both for the cheapest Balcony.

That has to have been wrongly priced and I cannot believe both would have Suites sold out. maybe a problem with the IT again.

No one in their right mind would pay those prices, not even the most loyal RCCL fan or shareholder.

The suites likely sold out on the day of release. That was what happened on that same voyage this coming August.

The suites likely sold out on the day of release. That was what happened on that same voyage this coming August.

I wonder how many will be available after final payment, even with NRD? Was this released before NRD?

This past oct, on oasis, i went down to the dl overflow in blaze. Stopped by the dl on deck 11 a few nights but did not meet anyone that i clicked with. So i went down to blazes and met some people that were also on a b2b. We clicked and had a blast every night. The servers in there were funny, friendly and made the overflow lounge so welcoming. We did not mind the no windows, it was the company that mattered more.

So there was a bunch of us that used the dungeon dl and had a great time. Great conversation, good company and free drinks made it for us.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I think Oasis Blazes seats far more in a more spacious area than the DL on Harmony (~80).

What is going to happen when Oasis goes through drydock shorty and eliminates the very spacious two story DL with Windows?

Yes it was

Ok. I wonder what impact the NRD will have on these in the future.

We looked at some New England cruises and all the Suites sold out as well. These bookings were before NRD as well.

So, you have those that book cruises, multiples at times, book marker and place holder cruises, to blame for the NRD. Many of these, they have no intent to use.

I agree,only RC and its shareholders could be happy with these high prices.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I am a shareholder too. Don’t care a fig what prices are on any cruise or cruiseline. I only book what I want to pay for. I am just talking about the never ending attitude. Really serves no purpose and makes you and him go on forever over the same ground. Nobody cares.

JC

I am a shareholder too. Don’t care a fig what prices are on any cruise or cruiseline. I only book what I want to pay for. I am just talking about the never ending attitude. Really serves no purpose and makes you and him go on forever over the same ground. Nobody cares.

JC

Come on JC, what’s up with all this unhappiness. Lol

M8

Those fares have been way cheaper when released. That is a very unique and popular cruise. Currently on Mariner in a GS. 15 days, $1,500 for both of us. That one's unique I will admit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk[/quot]

I thought you posted that you were upgraded from JS to GS on the second leg of your Mariner cruise.

I wonder how many will be available after final payment, even with NRD? Was this released before NRD?

Could be a black market for this. 17k now, bought it for 4k. Do a name change and sell it on for 10k