More fake service dog nonsense

The Code of Conduct would be for dogs who are allowed on the ship by RC's policies. Why not? There is a code for people. If the dog/owner doesn't follow the rules, off at the next port.

Chained to a pole etc. is not under direct control of the owner. Running down the halls/promenade etc. isn't either.

I think people who don't have well trained dogs would be more hesitant to take them on the ship if the dog may not behave.

On our last cruise a lady had a dog and her siater with her. We saw her on deck and said hi to her and her dog. She told us how helpful the dog was too her but didn't go into great detail.

The next day up on deck we ran into the sister and said hi. She started to tell us about that dog and how it was ruining her trip and how that her sister didn't have any medical reason to have it with them. She said she could not get and food sleep cause of the dog needing to go out to go potty all the time and it also didn't let them do a lot of stuff while on shore.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

On our last cruise a lady had a dog and her siater with her. We saw her on deck and said hi to her and her dog. She told us how helpful the dog was too her but didn't go into great detail.

The next day up on deck we ran into the sister and said hi. She started to tell us about that dog and how it was ruining her trip and how that her sister didn't have any medical reason to have it with them. She said she could not get and food sleep cause of the dog needing to go out to go potty all the time and it also didn't let them do a lot of stuff while on shore.

Not food but good sleep

The Code of Conduct would be for dogs who are allowed on the ship by RC's policies. Why not? There is a code for people. If the dog/owner doesn't follow the rules, off at the next port.

Chained to a pole etc. is not under direct control of the owner. Running down the halls/promenade etc. isn't either.

I think people who don't have well trained dogs would be more hesitant to take them on the ship if the dog may not behave.

That's the exact issue....everyone thinks their pet is so adorable and wouldn't mis-behave.

That is, until you get it on a ship with 2,000-3,000-4,000 other people. And, some of them will have their pets, too. They also believe their pet wouldn't misbehave....that is, until they see another animal and/or goes bezerk when it sees that many people and all those other animals. Let's not even go there when there's food all around and how a pet would react to that.

Nope......no pets!!!!!!

Yet she tolerates it so she's equally to blame.

She was not happy. Tried to talk her out of it but could not

I think cruise ships need a better policy

Indeed they do. Unfortunately their hands are tied and they're afraid to ruffle any feathers. Meanwhile the rest of us are forced to deal with this ridiculousness.

Indeed they do. Unfortunately their hands are tied and they're afraid to ruffle any feathers. Meanwhile the rest of us are forced to deal with this ridiculousness.
What was really funny was when the dog owner took it out in the middle of the comics routine and he called her out and said was it my jokes or you taking the dog to go poo poo

What was really funny was when the dog owner took it out in the middle of the comics routine and he called her out and said was it my jokes or you taking the dog to go poo poo

Love it that he called her out. Of course I'm sure it didn't phase her at all.

I'm sorry to say nothing RCCL can do about this. The federal law in the United States is very clear. The cruise line or business cannot even ask the reason for the animal. It is not just Cruise lines same thing happens on Airplanes. I have a friend here, another American, who loves Standard Poodles, comes from a very wealthy New York Family. No health or mental issues, but plays the system. His dogs travel on the Airplane with him in the cabin.

He purchased a new puppy two years ago, from the top breeder in North America, but had the correct paperwork saying it was a service dog. Which here in the Philippines means go to the doctor pay a office fee and get the letter. With this letter he was able to travel with the dog in the cabin for the flight and no one could question anything.

RCCL does not have to comply with US Federal laws at sea. They allow this as a courtesy. They don’t have to.

You nailed it. A big number of those that bring their pets with them are top tier cruisers. That's how they're able to cruise so much. The cruise line knows better than to tell them to leave Fifi at home.

On Navigator Transatlantic now I have seen 2 service animals.

I wonder what happens regarding quarantine regulations when they get to England?

One is a superb Portuguese Water Dog, immaculately behaved with its Service dog jacket on.

The other is some little thing in a pushchair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder what happens regarding quarantine regulations when they get to England?

One is a superb Portuguese Water Dog, immaculately behaved with its Service dog jacket on.

Just curious, if the dog owners are UK citizens are they still subject to the quarantine regulations or does that not make a difference? Sounds like one of the dogs is a proper service animal, the other not so much.

They are subject to all legal requirements.

As we have just started looking into a service dog for my daughter, what I have learned is that the cruise line IS allowed to ask what service the dog provides. Sometimes this enables the cruise line to determine if it really is a service dog, or an emotional support dog. But are they really willing to turn away a paying guest?

It's not that there is a dog that is on board that bothers me, it's the attitude of their owners... the rules don't apply to them.

As we have just started looking into a service dog for my daughter, what I have learned is that the cruise line IS allowed to ask what service the dog provides. Sometimes this enables the cruise line to determine if it really is a service dog, or an emotional support dog. But are they really willing to turn away a paying guest?

It's not that there is a dog that is on board that bothers me, it's the attitude of their owners... the rules don't apply to them.

Exactly, no one here has a problem with a true, proper service animal. It's those who abuse the system just so they can bring their pet onboard that are the problem.

wow...thread full of busybodies

If the dog isnt crapping, barking or biting around you who gives a damn? Mind your business and enjoy your vacation.

So you're ok with people breaking rules and abusing the system. I'm not. These bogus service animals DO crap, bark and bite.

wow...thread full of busybodies

If the dog isnt crapping, barking or biting around you who gives a damn? Mind your business and enjoy your vacation.

Funny isn't it. These people can't wait to burn the letters off their keyboard to post on cc while on the ship. I call it voom drama.