More fake service dog nonsense

Holly-Molly....at the least, it’s animal abuse.

Someone who saw this should report the owners to the SPCA. Further, the owners need some serious therapy and not permitted to board.

If this pet was allowed on a cruise, the cruise line needs remedial training. I would be fearful that the mental state of the pet’s owners would present a danger to other passengers.

Do you mean this dog? I was also on the Freedom last week.

When I first encountered him on the cruise terminal before embarking, I thought it was a show animal bought in to entertain us while we waited to board. Our embarkation was delayed a couple of hours due to a perceived bomb threat. Seemed that a bomb sniffing dog gave a false positive to a pallet of supplies being loaded onto the ship.

6DC7BCDD-A5B5-4291-B506-1754BEEAA592_zpsywnzkov3.jpg

Edited by graphicguy

When I first encountered him on the cruise terminal before embarking, I thought it was a show animal bought in to entertain us while we waited to board. Our embarkation was delayed a couple of hours due to a perceived bomb threat. Seemed that a bomb sniffing dog gave a false positive to a pallet of supplies being loaded onto the ship.

This may have been the dog written about in another thread that walked through the MDR and started licking the food on a passenger's (stranger) plate. He is a regulation size poodle so tall enough to do that.

I agree completely, it does not matter the size of the dog it can still be a service/comfort dog. I am not saying I agree with people abusing this, but it seems people in the U.S. specifically, push things to the furthest possible to get what they want. I was on a flight once from FLL to DTW and about 26 people needed to have a wheelchair to board, but it was amazing how many in that 3 hour flight had no problem walking off the plane because they did not want to wait for the wheelchair on landing. I even mentioned it to the flight attendants and they said it was a joke, most do it to board first and the airline gets charged for that service. Which guess who ends up paying for that in the end?
In my recent flight with allegiant, those with wheelchair would enter the plane first. But when the plane landed, those people would leave the plane last.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

Wonder what RCCL would say about a "service Peacock"? United had some trouble not long ago when someone brought one. I can just imagine the trouble they would cause on a cruise. I know a neighborhood near here has some roaming wild and occasionally they end up on a high speed street sometimes with fatal results other times nearly causing car wrecks. Would not want one on a ship with me.

Legitimate Service Animals are well trained and do good work for their "person" and I don't see any issue with them being aboard.

on NOS now and an entitled buffoon walking around w his dog under his arm encouraging people to pet the dog. Not even one of those Amazon vests or pretending it’s a service dog. Got in an elevator w us and puts dog in my sons face. No thanks. Not sure who smelt worse the dog or the guy. Stay home w your “pets” not everyone thinks it’s cute. RCI really needs to get a backbone about this

PLEASE email Mr Bailey's office before you get off the ship. Also talk to the Guest Services manager on board relating your experience.

Also, try to get some pictures to send to his office. This is getting totally ridiculous.

Looks like time to lock another thread, 5 pages and nothing has been changed here and nothing will . The thread already has enough information that people can read and make choices.

The useless comments that you make on here just make the thread longer. :rolleyes:

You don't have to read it anymore -- just move on yourself. I would like others to post their experiences with the fake ADA dogs, and maybe the cruise line will finally get the message that FiFi doesn't belong on cruise ships -- leave the freaking dog at home!!!

(y)

I can't believe RC actually allowed that thing on. I really hope you sent pictures in to Bailey's office.

Moron is a medical term and this is a way of the dog alerting the rest of us that its owner is a moron.

(y)(y)

In my recent flight with allegiant, those with wheelchair would enter the plane first. But when the plane landed, those people would leave the plane last.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

That is the point.

They request a wheelchair for boarding, so they board first.

But when they arrive, the suddenly don't need a wheelchair to deplane, because they don't want to wait.

Funny they can walk UP the jetway, but not DOWN.

Seriously???????? Now I've seen everything:lips-sealed:

Also, try to get some pictures to send to his office. This is getting totally ridiculous.

I emailed Mr. Bailey's office on the first day I "experienced" this dog and owner.

The Guest Services officer was calling my cabin within two hours. So they do read our emails and they did call the ship to contact me and see what can be done.

I emailed Mr. Bailey's office on the first day I "experienced" this dog and owner.

The Guest Services officer was calling my cabin within two hours. So they do read our emails and they did call the ship to contact me and see what can be done.

I have a picture of the dog (with owner) so won't post here but will email it.

I actually had a much bigger issue on the ship and the assistant guest services manager lied to be about contacting Miami; told me she would and when I requested to know the reply was told that they'd deal with it on the ship anyways.

The Guest Services officer was calling my cabin within two hours. So they do read our emails and they did call the ship to contact me and see what can be done

Seeing these “comfort pets” being allowed on RCCL will have me rethink any future cruises with them.

Would love to hear what the Guest Services Officer had to say about this.

I am very happy to hear this!

He brought the dog into the concierge lounge on Navigator with him.....I only saw him holding the dog under his arm but we did run into him several times. Obviously he’s a either in a suite or frequent cruiser and the company allows this.

The dog didn’t seem aggressive but it’s weird to see and I noticed he kept his tail tucked. They were off the ship in Bonaire I think which surprised me. I thought they’d have laws about dogs getting off in foreign countries.

I just don’t like this getting out of hand. If i heard one bark from a cabin I’d be upset or see them doing their business. Yuck. Pets belong at home or in a park on a lease. Some people are allergic. My daughter would have a terrible week if she stayed in a cabin after a dog or cat had been there and it wasn’t properly cleaned.

True service dogs are of course an exception. But even then the cabin should be deep cleaned afterward.

Edited by cruiselvr04

People are flaunting the fact that they can do this and making RCCL the laughingstock of the cruise industry. These dogs are not service dogs. They are, at best, comfort dogs, not certified ADA service animals -- which should be evident by their dress and grooming. How come paying cruisers have a dress code? Shouldn't there be some restrictions on dog dress and grooming?

If I had a reason for a personal attendant, could I bring that person on board and dress him or her in outrageous outfits and not be charged a fee as long as we're sharing my cabin? Or do humans who are properly certified medical personnel not have the same privileges as fake comfort animals?

If you have an issue on board, bring it immediately to RCCL's attention. If you don't want to say something, stuff the "suggestions" box with valid reasons to justify your point -- a picture is worth a 1000 words and a picture with a comment scrawled on the back would be worth 1000 +.

I hope RCCL is monitoring the threads on this forum and on other similar cruise forums, especially the ones with a lot of views and replies. They need to start listening to the posters as most of us are veteran cruisers and there is a reason why we are loyal to the brands we have continued to cruise with. We are the voice of their future.

That is the point.

They request a wheelchair for boarding, so they board first.

But when they arrive, the suddenly don't need a wheelchair to deplane, because they don't want to wait.

Funny they can walk UP the jetway, but not DOWN.

Yes that is exactly what I was saying.

How about a "Code of Conduct" for animals and their owners.

Number 1 should be the animal must be under complete control of the owner at all times.

etc.

Big problem there....now you've given permission to bring pets on board. I can just see the promenade now.....dogs going after other dogs/cats/hamsters...whatever. And, vice versa. With all the barking and pets getting off leash, it would be a total mad house.

Only way I see for this to work is to get specific. If you're legally blind and require a seeing eye dog, then you have a legitimate reason to have your dog with you....for example.

If you get anxious, angry, become irritable without your pet, you probably need to find another vacation other than a cruise. Maybe there's a business model for someone......build a spa for pets with their owners. Just don't fly there, as you'd have to take your pet on a plane.

How about a "Code of Conduct" for animals and their owners.

Number 1 should be the animal must be under complete control of the owner at all times.

etc.

Is the dog being chained to the Flowrider guard rail in the stands while the owner is riding OK?