What is the strangest complaint you have heard from a cruise passenger?

ilikeanswers

Haha please tell me the woman was joking or being sarcastic for a laugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

According to my friend they were complaining hobbyists;p. Since this was near the end of the cruise I reckon this was them scrapping the bottom of their complaints barrel.

Alaskan cruise entering Glacier Bay and went to the MDR for breakfast. Was seated with a single woman from Canada. The entire time she complained about how bad HAL was compared to her RCCL Caribbean cruise - service, food, rooms, etc. She whined to everyone the entire time looking for this bottled still water and someone eventually found it. She took one sip and asked if we wanted any - we politely declined. She had a drink package and she said she was going to damn well get her money's worth if nothing else on this cruise. She literally left right after taking that one sip.

Elderly couple at the next table three nights in a row complained that the butter was too cold and each night the woman called over the head waiter to discuss that it should be room temperature. Fourth night they brought her butter that was room temperature but it was too soft and she insisted that they must have microwaved it because she could taste the difference...head waiter was called over again. As he turned to leave their table he stopped to ask us how we found our dinner. I said it was wonderful...especially the butter:)

Elderly couple at the next table three nights in a row complained that the butter was too cold and each night the woman called over the head waiter to discuss that it should be room temperature. Fourth night they brought her butter that was room temperature but it was too soft and she insisted that they must have microwaved it because she could taste the difference...head waiter was called over again. As he turned to leave their table he stopped to ask us how we found our dinner. I said it was wonderful...especially the butter:)

LOL, So she had a spreading complaint then.

We were on the Carnival Elation for Halloween a few years ago. During trivia, a woman in her late 50's, came up to alternatively insult and flatter my wife and I. After getting no real reaction, she ripped up her paperwork and threw it into the air, before having a meltdown in front of everyone. "I'm on the wrong ship! My cruise line doesn't do Halloween like this!"

In 2011 we did a R/T Seattle, Alaskan Cruise. About day 4 the east coast (where we live) had an earthquake and then later that day we heard about Hurricane Irene that would be making landfall. We enjoyed our cruise and did what we could to help our children, who were at home get the house prepared. All is well, things are going good and as the storm begins to bare down on the East Coast all of the airports begin to close. We now know that we will not be flying home on a date of disembarkation as planned but will have to stay in Seattle until flights are resumed.

On the morning we arrived back into Seattle I went to the customer service desk to ask if we could change our disembarkation time to a later time since we were no longer in a hurry. There was a long line but all I could hear was a man screaming at the staff about how could NCL let this happen. Why did they not get us back to Seattle earlier but instead chose to keep us at sea during a hurricane. The lady in front of me and I both busted out laughing. Hey buddy we are on the west coast and the hurricane is on the east coast. HMMMMMM. Guess he did not do well in geography class

In 2011 we did a R/T Seattle, Alaskan Cruise. About day 4 the east coast (where we live) had an earthquake and then later that day we heard about Hurricane Irene that would be making landfall. We enjoyed our cruise and did what we could to help our children, who were at home get the house prepared. All is well, things are going good and as the storm begins to bare down on the East Coast all of the airports begin to close. We now know that we will not be flying home on a date of disembarkation as planned but will have to stay in Seattle until flights are resumed.

On the morning we arrived back into Seattle I went to the customer service desk to ask if we could change our disembarkation time to a later time since we were no longer in a hurry. There was a long line but all I could hear was a man screaming at the staff about how could NCL let this happen. Why did they not get us back to Seattle earlier but instead chose to keep us at sea during a hurricane. The lady in front of me and I both busted out laughing. Hey buddy we are on the west coast and the hurricane is on the east coast. HMMMMMM. Guess he did not do well in geography class

You just can't fix stupid. :o

Threads like this always remind me of some of Cruise Critic's classic compliant threads, like the lady who tried to keep a starfish alive in her shower or the gal who was kicked off a ship for possessing (what she called) "tobacco" in the false bottom of a shaving cream can that they hid in their dive bag. :D

There was a woman on the Celebrity board about 20 years who cancelled her cruise because they only served Coke products, not Pepsi, or vice versa.

A woman several years ago in a port called the ship to tell them she would be late getting back. She sued Celebrity because the ship didn’t wait for her.

Trifecta:

The Acropolis is too far from the beach, looks unfinished and is not suitable for Americans with disabilities.

Sadly, I have heard the complaint about ancient sites not being ADA compliant many times from Americans.

Sadly, I have heard the complaint about ancient sites not being ADA compliant many times from Americans.

Not just the Americans either. So many sites around the world are now providing better access to at least some of the areas anyway.

Complaining about the salmon during the captain's Q&A. Seriously?

Oh yes... someone was jumping up and down at Q&A, and asked why their toilet wasn't working...Give the captain his due, he beckoned an off-stage crew member to take details and ring housekeeping...

Befriended a Guest Services crew over the course of several cruises. She told some great stories — the classic how to work the microwave (she actually got that call) and ‘My TA booked me on the port side of the ship. How come I’m not facing port?’ 7 ports and we docked starboard in every one. There are others but a few are due to language. She had no idea what a ‘clicker’ was.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Trifecta:

The Acropolis is too far from the beach, looks unfinished and is not suitable for Americans with disabilities.

Those Greeks are slow builders, they started that building over 3000 years ago and they still don't have a roof on it or at lock up stage.:p

We overheard a group of people onboard Oasis getting extremely upset because (according to them) they were Gold level Crown & Anchor and couldn't sit in the area reserved for Gold SeaPass card holders in the Royal Theater :eek:

We overheard a group of people onboard Oasis getting extremely upset because (according to them) they were Gold level Crown & Anchor and couldn't sit in the area reserved for Gold SeaPass card holders in the Royal Theater :eek:

I must admit, sitting there is pretty Suite.:p