What broadway play?

George C

30 minutes ago, George C said:

Just finally booked our New York City trip , got a decent deal for large suite at michealanglo our favorite hotel , will buy broadway tickets at tkts as normal, definitely want to see Beautiful Noise , going for long Memorial Day weekend, anybody see any other good plays recently? 

Glad you’re all booked. 

If I were in NY now, I’d see Sweeney and Camelot. 😊

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Glad you’re all booked. 

If I were in NY now, I’d see Sweeney and Camelot. 😊

They sound good, I remember my parents saying they saw Camelot with original cast Richard Burton , Julie Andrews and Robert Goulet .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, George C said:

They sound good, I remember my parents saying they saw Camelot with original cast Richard Burton , Julie Andrews and Robert Goulet .

My Aunt also saw the OBC of Camelot.  She had the cast album, too, and I fell in love with it.  I think I wore out her vinyl. 🙂   Listening to that show was one of the things that got me hooked on musicals.

The album cover itself was a gatefold (I think that's the correct word) and was really beautiful.  I've downsized my own vinyl collection, but have kept that album cover (along with some others that are meaningful to me).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Just finally booked our New York City trip , got a decent deal for large suite at michealanglo our favorite hotel , will buy broadway tickets at tkts as normal, definitely want to see Beautiful Noise , going for long Memorial Day weekend, anybody see any other good plays recently? 

WOW what a beautiful hotel in the heart of the Theater District.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

WOW what a beautiful hotel in the heart of the Theater District.

We always book the michealanglo perfect location great suites, there smallest room is 400 sq Ft . Have been there about a dozen times.

On 3/26/2023 at 9:58 AM, George C said:

We saw Beautiful Noise before it went to Broadway.  Great music, but the story is quite weak.

We saw Some Like It Hot this past weekend and it was a blast, an old fashioned Musical with lots of singing and dancing.  We also saw Shucked, which I did NOT want to enjoy, but I haven't laughed more at a Broadway musical in a VERY long time.

If you want serious, the new production of A Doll's House is REALLY well done, especially the ending.

Buzz about the new Camelot isn't good.  Aaron Sorkin has made some changes.  Read Show Score for input before you buy

Edited by Nitemare
added Camelot info
  • Thanks 1

Where do you pre buy broadway tickets we are flying in Friday before memorial day weekend and might want to skip tkts line for that day. Can’t wait for our first post Covid trip, need to go back to making it a annual vacation. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 9:50 AM, George C said:

Where do you pre buy broadway tickets we are flying in Friday before memorial day weekend and might want to skip tkts line for that day. Can’t wait for our first post Covid trip, need to go back to making it a annual vacation. 

Buy them directly from the box office. I like to be picky and chose my own seats so I go to the official page of the show, and then there is a link. I bought for Beautiful Noise for May 6. That’s thru Telecharge. If you call the box office they’re not patient. lol 

I’m not a fan of the Becco theater meal. Try Kellari Tavern for a special 2 course pre theater meal. If you want a very nice lunch Mon - Fri Fresco by Scotto offers a 3 course lunch also. 

Edited by Got2Cruise
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

Buy them directly from the box office. I like to be picky and chose my own seats so I go to the official page of the show, and then there is a link.

Same here.  I buy them directly from whatever ticketing mechanism the theatre is using.  (Typically Ticketmaster or Telecharge in NY.   Service charges are obscene.  Of course, so are the ticket prices.)

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 6:50 AM, George C said:

Playbill.com and Theatermania.com have safe advance discount links on their website.  Seats aren't quite as good as you can get at TKTS but much easier than standing in line.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks, thought I would bring this back up. I will be in city in November and was hoping to see Funny Girl but I see she is closing in September☹️......oh well. Has anyone seen MJ? And if so, would love to hear your thoughts. 

On 4/10/2023 at 10:59 PM, George C said:

Just bought beautiful noise 3 rd row on a aisle.😁😁😁

We saw Beautiful Noise yesterday. Coincidentally Row C also. Fantastic view and not even on the aisle. If you love Neil Diamond music you will enjoy it very much. 

77BE1D4D-E2C4-442A-9167-2424CF0714B5.jpeg

Edited by Got2Cruise
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi folks, thought I would bring this back up. I will be in city in November and was hoping to see Funny Girl but I see she is closing in September☹️......oh well. Has anyone seen MJ? And if so, would love to hear your thoughts. 

MJ has great reviews. If you love Michael Jackson’s music you can’t go wrong. A Beautiful Noise is great too it’s about Neil Diamond. The musical Some Like It Hot was nominated for several Tony Awards my friend saw it and loved it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

MJ has great reviews. If you love Michael Jackson’s music you can’t go wrong. A Beautiful Noise is great too it’s about Neil Diamond. The musical Some Like It Hot was nominated for several Tony Awards my friend saw it and loved it. 

This would be for November. I guess I should probably go ahead and buy my ticket now?

45 minutes ago, Lois R said:

This would be for November. I guess I should probably go ahead and buy my ticket now?

If you are buying from the box office. Yes. Make sure it’s the box office and not a third party site that adds on extra fees. The block of tickets for Nov might not be released yet. You can wait a bit if you want. It’s always easier to obtain a single ticket to a show. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

If you are buying from the box office. Yes. Make sure it’s the box office and not a third party site that adds on extra fees. The block of tickets for Nov might not be released yet. You can wait a bit if you want. It’s always easier to obtain a single ticket to a show. 

Good morning, thanks for the tip🙂

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, thanks for the tip🙂

Best way to know if you are buying from the OFFICIAL seller is to start at Playbill.com and then find the list of shows and click the Tickets link there.  Lots of "lookalike" sites that do sell legit tickets but add big fees to the price without adding any extra service.  Avoid things like Broadway.com or any site with "Newyork" in the name as they are not the offiical sellers

• Like 1