Looking for feedback on Fort Lauderdale to Quebec sailings.

CineGraphic

We are considering the July 2019 sailing of the Caribbean Princess from Port Everglades to Quebec City, and would love to hear from folks who have done so in the past. Any and all info is welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

We are considering the July 2019 sailing of the Caribbean Princess from Port Everglades to Quebec City, and would love to hear from folks who have done so in the past. Any and all info is welcome.

Thanks in advance!

I believe this is the first time Princess ever sailed this northbound route. Except for Saguenay we have been to every port by auto. They are all nice locations. We were on the Caribbean Princess in January and enjoyed it. We felt it was a very well run ship. We enjoyed the new venues.

Most of the feedback will be from those who sailed this type of itinerary on other lines. As it has been the better part of a decade since Princess has has a ship in the NE US/Canada in the summer. And I believe the northbound repo cruises were from San Juan to New York, so the most recent one dates back to when Princess last had ships based there.

That said, even though I prefer less port intensive sailings, I have done Montreal to Ft Lauderdale on HAL and would happily do it again on any line in either direction anytime of year. In fact I likely would have already deposited this sailing were it not on a 3000+ passenger ship like the CB. But if I can carve out the time next July and the fare is fair you will probably find me onboard. Though itinerary would be even better if Charleston (which will be brutally hot in July) was replaced with another Canadian port (Sydney NS would be perfect; unfortunately PEI or Gaspe cannot accommodate a ship that large)

While everyone has a different opinion about port, I researched the Canadian ports and found nothing that interested us, so we would't do that cruise.

With that being said, you may find what you want in those ports.

I did the reverse in October one year (2009). Loved the ports. Everything was great except the fluke snow storm we had in Quebec City. You probably won't get that in July :)

Love the ports - I think you will enjoy!

I'm seriously looking at doing this cruise, too. I want to do everything in my power to encourage Princess to develop more interesting summer itineraries! So, even though the CB is way too big a ship for some of these ports, I'm not going to let that stop me.

I'm thinking about taking the train to Montreal post-cruise. Much shorter journey!

As it has been the better part of a decade since Princess has has a ship in the NE US/Canada in the summer. And I believe the northbound repo cruises were from San Juan to New York, so the most recent one dates back to when Princess last had ships based there.
We sailed on Caribbean Princess in May 2011 from San Juan to New York City with a stop in Bermuda on the way. Would do this cruise again in a heartbeat.

We haven't taken this cruise, but we've been to many of the ports--some of them on our New England/Canada cruise on the Golden Princess in 2002, which was round-trip out of New York City. Some others when we sailed on a Holland America ship in May 2013 from Quebec to Boston. The only one we haven't been to is Saguenay.

It sounds like a great cruise.

Most of the feedback will be from those who sailed this type of itinerary on other lines. As it has been the better part of a decade since Princess has has a ship in the NE US/Canada in the summer. And I believe the northbound repo cruises were from San Juan to New York, so the most recent one dates back to when Princess last had ships based there.

That said, even though I prefer less port intensive sailings, I have done Montreal to Ft Lauderdale on HAL and would happily do it again on any line in either direction anytime of year. In fact I likely would have already deposited this sailing were it not on a 3000+ passenger ship like the CB. But if I can carve out the time next July and the fare is fair you will probably find me onboard. Though itinerary would be even better if Charleston (which will be brutally hot in July) was replaced with another Canadian port (Sydney NS would be perfect; unfortunately PEI or Gaspe cannot accommodate a ship that large)

The referenced Princess cruise from Florida to Quebec is a repositioning cruise. I rejected it because it does not stop in PEI but the Caribbean Princess is scheduled to stop in Charlottetown, PEI on several Quebec to NYC itineraries in late summer and early fall in 2019 (8/9, 9/14, 10/4).

Not sure about Gaspe, but we docked in Sydney on the Emerald several years back.

I highly recommend this itinerary! We did a RT from NYC to Quebec to NYC in Sep 2015 with many of the same ports. It was actually at least the 2nd time we visited many of these port cities as we drove out to Bar Harbor some years before the cruise and went up the coast to Halifax and back through Quebec, etc. to Detroit. So obviously we enjoy what those port cities have to offer. There are both scenic (seascapes, beautiful gardens, wineries, etc.) and historic aspects to all of them. On the cruise we did a small-group private tour from Halifax to the Bay of Fundy. Saguenay Bay is the only place we haven't been and I would love to go there; it's known for white beluga whales, which we've seen in captivity, but not in their natural habitat.

We did this cruise from Quebec city to FLL. We really enjoyed it. Unfortunately we missed Charleston because of a bad storm and some of the roughest weather we have ever sailed in.

We had never been to Saguenay before and I don't know if it's on your itinerary, but we never new Canada had a fjord! A real beautiful sail in/out. Almost everyone in the town came out to see the ship leave. Very welcoming.

If you dock in Brooklyn, try and hit an Ample Hills Creamery. Some of the best ice cream we've ever had!

We did something kind of similar last April/May on HAL. Great cruise but just too early in the year for the Canada ports. We kept hearing "You are the first ship of the year..."

I think there are some great excursion options (Ship or private) at these ports. I second the comment about Saquenay, one of the most friendly ports we've ever visited.

I would love to do a trip like this in the midst of summer! Have fun!

Oh no, we are also considering this cruise for next year and I was hoping it wouldn’t be too popular with US/Canadian pax (being in their backyard) :D - only because I was hoping the prices would drop :p. Appears to be more interest than I’d hoped :loudcry: :D.

Oh no, we are also considering this cruise for next year and I was hoping it wouldn’t be too popular with US/Canadian pax (being in their backyard) :D - only because I was hoping the prices would drop :p. Appears to be more interest than I’d hoped :loudcry: :D.

Don’t panic, there are plenty of cabins left!

I too hope the prices will drop because I have an invoice with big numbers on it staring me in the face! We used future cruise deposits to make the reservation, but we still have a sailing on the Royal next January that needs to be paid off as well.

I might as well have my direct deposit paychecks go straight to Princess!

Don’t panic, there are plenty of cabins left!

I too hope the prices will drop because I have an invoice with big numbers on it staring me in the face! We used future cruise deposits to make the reservation, but we still have a sailing on the Royal next January that needs to be paid off as well.

I might as well have my direct deposit paychecks go straight to Princess!

:D

If we enjoy our Alaska cruise on Grand in the summer, we were hoping to book the FL to Quebec sailing whilst onboard - it’s looks a fabulous itinerary :). I was also hoping that the S&S promo may be back on by then too ;).

:D

If we enjoy our Alaska cruise on Grand in the summer, we were hoping to book the FL to Quebec sailing whilst onboard - it’s looks a fabulous itinerary :). I was also hoping that the S&S promo may be back on by then too ;).

We bring our own wine, so it’s the 3 for free that we are waiting for!

We did this cruise from Quebec city to FLL. We really enjoyed it. Unfortunately we missed Charleston because of a bad storm and some of the roughest weather we have ever sailed in.

We were on that cruise too. Loved the itinerary, could have done without the storm :D