Public toliets on board?

paulfoel

I'm guessing are plentiful and close to the cabins?

Thinking about 4 of us in a cabin with just one toilet. Inc a teen who thinks nothing of spending an hour in there. Not so good with a 5 year old whos dying to go!

I could shove the teen out the door to use the public ones while rest of us are able to use the cabin one/have a shower.

Step one is to slap some social responsibility into your teen.

Then, of course, you need to locate nearest public restrooms - usually on activity, rather than cabin, decks. There are showers near every pool and roomy changing rooms/showers by the gym.

I'm guessing are plentiful and close to the cabins?

Thinking about 4 of us in a cabin with just one toilet. Inc a teen who thinks nothing of spending an hour in there. Not so good with a 5 year old whos dying to go!

I could shove the teen out the door to use the public ones while rest of us are able to use the cabin one/have a shower.

You could just tell the 5 year old and everyone else in the cabin to just go ahead and use the loo while the teen is taking their shower. Certainly won't bother the 5 year old but I bet that it would freak out the teen.

Imagine if Dad went in and did a #2 while the teen was in the shower. Priceless.

DON

You could just tell the 5 year old and everyone else in the cabin to just go ahead and use the loo while the teen is taking their shower. Certainly won't bother the 5 year old but I bet that it would freak out the teen.

Imagine if Dad went in and did a #2 while the teen was in the shower. Priceless.

DON

That would indeed slap some social responsibility into the teen.

The hair dryer is near the desk, not in the bathroom. All of the other outlets are near the desk as well. There are mirrors all over the place. The bathroom is tiny. Even when cruising solo, I use the desk for hair and makeup, because there is very little counter space in the bathroom.

Unless I missed a posting, we don't know what cruise line/ship the OP will be on. Some do have a hair dryer (built in) in the bathroom. Some also have sufficient space at the sink area to primp.

In terms of proximity to public toilets, some cabins on some ships are close to public spaces, including toilets (I'm on one such ship--and in such a cabin--next month).

So, we don't know enough to give a good answer.

.....Some do have a hair dryer (built in) in the bathroom. Some also have sufficient space at the sink area to primp.

In terms of proximity to public toilets, some cabins on some ships are close to public spaces, including toilets (I'm on one such ship--and in such a cabin--next month).

Which, in the OP's case, would just compound the problem with their teen's excessive time in the bathroom.

And yes, some staterooms on some ships are near the public rest rooms. But the most of them on most ships are not. :)

I think it's safe to say that the likelihood of being near a public rest room with most staterooms is slim. The OP needs to confirm this by looking at the deck plans for their ship, as mentioned earlier.

Depending on the line & ship, there may occasionally be public restrooms near passenger cabins. On MS Amsterdam last summer there were a pair of public restrooms practically across the corridor from our Oceanview room. It was handy because occasionally the toilet in our room stopped flushing.

Sometimes need to use public toilets on cruises..usually on decks where there are public rooms, restaurants, pools etc.

My huge concern is the number of people who come out of cubicles and leave the facility without washing their hands.

My husband says this is also the case in Men's public toilets on board. I would take anti bac wipes with you !

I realise this is an issue in toilets on land as well as on board but just pointing it out.

I try not to use public restrooms if possible . Not only do people not wash their hands ,many do not dry their hands and many (yes many) go there when they are sick and cause the floor to be slippery.

I personally wouldn't want my teen to be sprucing up in a public bathroom for an hour for many reasons.

Set out rules and set out a timetable. Many folk with a lot of primping to do share a cabin (up to 4 people in some cases) and they get by with one bathroom.

To add to all that has already been said, most staterooms are not equipped to provide for a hair dryer in the bathroom and has them located (along with the outlets should you bring you own) at a dressing table and mirror in the stateroom. That is where her "primping" and preparing should take place. The staterooms are small and the bathrooms even more so and are not designed to be used as yours are at home for getting prepared to go out. They basically are a small toilet and shower facility with a sink intended, and to be used as such.

And the public restrooms should not be used for that purpose either. They are just that - a public restroom - not a private area for her personal use in getting ready. They are fine as a alternative restroom if needed, but not for anything more. As others have said, have a discussion with her ahead of time to set realistic expectations.

People will make their own decisions but I wouldn't want to quad or triple share a cabin at any time.

We've triple shared with our adult daughter and it has always worked out fine. We have a rota for who's first in the bathroom mornings and evenings and so far ((yn)) it has worked out fine.

We've triple shared with our adult daughter and it has always worked out fine. We have a rota for who's first in the bathroom mornings and evenings and so far ((yn)) it has worked out fine.

Glad it works for you but I don't want to go down that path.:D