drink recommendations

W283386

• Had the drink package before and not being a real knowledgble drinker I only ordered the basics like margaritas and daquoris and Pina Coladas as well as wine with dinner. What are some other fruity drinks or not to strong alcohol drinks. I am not one for straight vodka or bourbon but if I can mix it with something I will try it.

What ship? Does it have a World Class Bar?

Contrary to what many people think, a LOT of your traditional, pre-prohibition style cocktails, have a lot of flavor. There was an art to maximizing flavor without a lot of juices, sodas, etc. The challenge on the ship is they're probably generally much better at fruit drinks than traditional cocktails. The World Class Bar being an exception. The Zacapa Old Fashioned doesn't have a bunch of fruit juice, but it has a lot of flavor, and even though it's fairly high in alcohol, it doesn't have (to me at least) a really heavy alcohol feel.

Those are a totally different category from sweet drinks like a mudslide, but if you're on a drink package, why not?

Poolside, I'd stick with the sweet stuff...

Mudslide is on the Classic package. If you have the Premium give the WC bar a try. Chandon with a bit of peach schnapps is also a nice pre dinner drink Covered by the Premium package.

The good thing about having the drinks package is that you have already paid for it. If you order something and don't like it you can just order something else. No one will judge you! Try the cocktail of the day for variety or work your way through the martini bar menu. Lots of fruity options there. Ask one of the bartenders to make something up. The possibilities are endless. It just depends on which package you have. Have a great time!

Check out the thread Favorite Unique Drinks. There are some great suggestions there for different drinks that might be just what you’re looking for.

Use the search tool to find the thread, it’s not very recent.

Enjoy!

I love vodka tonics (they have lime in them)...very refreshing. Those other drinks are SO sweet....can't drink many or if you do, you'll feel awful later. Vodka and tonic is easy and refreshing. Don't mix your drinks...pick one, and stick with it!

How much are the drinks, like the mud slide? Drink packages are very costly, I feel you have to drink a lot to get your moneys worth. lol

I have only gotten the Classic as a perk, but I have done break-even analysis back when they had both zero perk fares and one perk fares on most cruises.

While drink packages are expensive (Classic = $55 pp per day + 18%), so are the alcoholic drinks themselves. Other than basic beers, most of them are about at the $9 ceiling or higher. So it only takes 6 drinks alcoholic drinks per day to break even. However, if you start with two lattes during the day, a cappuccino after dinner and two bottles of water, you are already at $21 - so now the break-even is only 4 alcoholic drinks.

Back in the day, my personal break-even was based on one latte, one bottled water, one afternoon cocktail, two glasses of wine with dinner and an after dinner cappuccino - totaling $40. So I would book the fare with the one perk if it cost no more than $40 per day more than the senior fare with zero perks.

• Had the drink package before and not being a real knowledgble drinker I only ordered the basics like margaritas and daquoris and Pina Coladas as well as wine with dinner. What are some other fruity drinks or not to strong alcohol drinks. I am not one for straight vodka or bourbon but if I can mix it with something I will try it.

If they ship you are on has a Gastrobar, try one of the drinks on their drink menu - so good!

Some of my favorite drinks that any bar can make (none too sweet):

Gin & tonic - gin, tonic water, lime

Tom Collins - gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, club soda

John Collins - use whiskey instead of gin

Whiskey sour - whiskey & sour mix

Manhattan - bourbon, sweet vermouth, bitters

Kir - white wine & creme de cassis

Kir Royale - champagne & creme de cassis

The Kirs make great aperitifs.

Bob

Try a Bon Voyage. Fruity drink. Cold and refreshing. Often the drink of the day. The kind of drink my father used to refer to as Old Cardtable - 2 drinks and your legs fold up. Sneaks up on you. That'll put a zip in your day.

You can't go wrong with a Mudslide - DW asks for extra chocolate syrup.

If the ship has a Slush Bar and you like G & T try a Cool Hand Cuke - has Hendrick's gin. Very nice on a hot day.

Enjoy your cruising days.

Since it has Baileys would a mudslide be covered under the “Classic” package?

I have enjoyed too many mudslides and frozen toasted almonds, both of which have Bailey's in their recipies, on the Classic package since the changes to the beverage packages were made. I wasn't charged extra for either of them.:D

Going back to the oldies but goodies, try a Manhattan or a Rob Roy.....or vodka gimlet....they were/are popular for a reason. A Mai Tai would be high on my list if I could find a bartender that actually could make a good one...I always try a couple of times a cruise and still looking....

I am very similar. My last cruise I discovered Miami Vice....It is a pina colada and daiquiri combined half and half so good.

Lots of good drinks above but which ones are part of the classic package? I thought daiquris, margaritas, mudslides etc. would be extra. Does anybody have a menu of any kind?

All you mentioned are NOT extra on Classic😁. Cheers!