Free Promos are Not Free

Djptcp

The drink package is $89 PLUS 20%...the equals $106.80 a DAY....That can't be...seriously.....you must be mistaken
Sorry, but the numbers don't lie. Look them up for yourself. If I'm mistaken, what are the accurate numbers?

Sorry, but the numbers don't lie. Look them up for yourself. If I'm mistaken, what are the accurate numbers?

So for 8 days...that would be roughly $850.00 for a drink package....WHO WOULD PAY THAT...Carnival is roughly 450.00...this doesn't make sense

So for 8 days...that would be roughly $850.00 for a drink package....WHO WOULD PAY THAT...Carnival is roughly 450.00...this doesn't make sense
That is the beauty of choice...only the people who want it have to buy it. If you don't want it you are free to purchase drinks a LA carte, or you could sail another line.

Always your choice.

You say Carnival is $450... why pay that? I could stay at home and drink from the bar in my gameroom for less than $450.

The drink package is $89 PLUS 20%...the equals $106.80 a DAY....That can't be...seriously.....you must be mistaken

That is correct. For my upcoming cruise on the Escape, the drink package would be a total of $747.60 per person for a 7-day cruise, including the service charge. Luckily, since I chose the drink package as one of my perks, it is only costing us $124.60 per person.

Hence....that's why they offer this "free" drink package....though you have to "upgrade" to the higher level to qualify ....and everyone does that because of their outrageous "drink package" price....all comes out in the wash...you pay more for NCL cruise but get the drink package cheaper ....you pay less for a carnival cruise but pay more for the drink package..HOW DOES IT GO...6 of 1....half dozen of the other...LOL...HAVE TO DO THE MATH AND SEE WHICH LINE IS ACTUALLY CHEAPER FOR THE CRUISE I WANT :)

Hence....that's why they offer this "free" drink package....though you have to "upgrade" to the higher level to qualify ....and everyone does that because of their outrageous "drink package" price....all comes out in the wash...you pay more for NCL cruise but get the drink package cheaper ....you pay less for a carnival cruise but pay more for the drink package..HOW DOES IT GO...6 of 1....half dozen of the other...LOL...HAVE TO DO THE MATH AND SEE WHICH LINE IS ACTUALLY CHEAPER FOR THE CRUISE I WANT :)

did you see my example in your other thread. I priced 2 similar cruises out of Miami and Carnival was less than 200 dollars cheaper on a ship that is 10 years older and not even close to the same class. And on NCL you could have chosen 3 and 4 guests free or gett 200 in excursion credit, making them actually cheaper. But your mind is made up so enjoy your Carnival cruise.

I just did ghost booking for a 10 day cruise....20% of 89.00 x 10 is $178.00......OK, NOW times 2 (for both of us) would be $356.00.....WHY ARE THEY CHARGING ME $476.64 FOR THE SERVICE CHARGE.. CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THAT TO ME?

I just did ghost booking for a 10 day cruise....20% of 89.00 x 10 is $178.00......OK, NOW times 2 (for both of us) would be $356.00.....WHY ARE THEY CHARGING ME $476.64 FOR THE SERVICE CHARGE.. CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THAT TO ME?
MAYBE BECAUSE YOU KEEP YELLING! LOL!

I just did a mock booking for a 9 day cruise and with the beverage package and dining package, it was $348 for 2 for service chare/gratuities. If you are really interested, I'd give NCL a call and ask them your question.

Which cruise are you trying to book and I can try on my end and see if I come up with the same total.

The reason that they are charging you is simply because YOU are the person purchasing the product. Why do you think you should not be charged for your purchases??

Seriously though...have you asked your TA or PCC to explain your charges? They are, fwiw, being paid to do just that. Nobody here can see your booking....that is why you have a knowledgeable agent.

Did you happen to select a specialty dining package as well in that ghost booking? (there is also a service charge added for that - $16.80 per person per cruise for 10+ nights, or $13.80 per person per cruise for 3-9 nights.....https://www.ncl.com/cruise-deals/choice?intcmp=pro_hpb_FASDEPOSITSJUNE18)

The reason that they are charging you is simply because YOU are the person purchasing the product. Why do you think you should not be charged for your purchases??

Oh dear...really? I think I understand that I am going to be charged for my purchases:)....the part that you failed to comprehend is....the fact...that they want to over charge me by $120.64 for the promo service charge. Thank you for your input ...I appreciate it...LOL

LET'S CLOSE THIS THREAD, HAVE A GREAT NITE

Oh dear...really? I think I understand that I am going to be charged for my purchases:)....the part that you failed to comprehend is....the fact...that they want to over charge me by $120.64 for the promo service charge. Thank you for your input ...I appreciate it...LOL

Oh..."they" want to overcharge you? Repeating myself: Did you ask "they" to explain your bill?? We can't see your bill, we can't see your account, we didn't create the booking, how can we be expected to explain it?

Oh..."they" want to overcharge you? Repeating myself: Did you ask "they" to explain your bill?? We can't see your bill, we can't see your account, we didn't create the booking, how can we be expected to explain it?

I hear you..don't know what i was thinking...have a great day

Yeah, sounds like something fishy to me then. My service charges from my TA were broken down by Beverage Charge and Specialty Dining Charge and matched the NCL Terms and Amounts exactly
Me too and that is why I offered to try a mock booking on the same cruise.

Don't ever go on a game show or win the lottery , you will be taxed on those "free" winnings also.

Some lyrics from Frozen come to mind "Let it go , Let it go"!

Most people will certainly drink for 100.00 + for a week taking the free perk.

We never book packages, but for our next cruise we did.

1) Price for our cabin was exactly the same as other gty cabins(without perk)

2) $250 for 7 days for 2 of sounded great.

HAVE TO DO THE MATH AND SEE WHICH LINE IS ACTUALLY CHEAPER FOR THE CRUISE I WANT :)

Yeah, it takes a bit of research. NCL has the cheapest drink package around because it is almost always just the gratuities on the regular price because it is almost always being given as a promo. It doesn't make sense for us to take it because we are moderate drinkers and never drink more than one or two drinks a day (and usually don't drink, but you know, vacation).